Richmond Heights, MO Sprinkler blowout. Freezing cold weather in the winter is a fact of life Missouri. Like every other Richmond Heights, MO resident, you are accustomed to the annual routine you go through to make sure you are ready for the winter and you, your family, and your belongings stay safe all season. You get the furnace tuned-up, fuel up the snowblower, drag out the ice melt, and get your mittens out of the closet. When you have an in-ground sprinkler system, preparing for winter in Richmond Heights, MO also includes a sprinkler blowout.
What is Sprinkler Blowout?
Sprinkler blowout is a method used to prepare your irrigation system for the cold winter months. Water constantly sits in your sprinkler lines, and when left there for the winter, that water will freeze, expanding in the pipes when temperatures underground fall below freezing. The only way to be sure that frozen water does not crack, burst, warp, or weaken your sprinkler lines is to clear the system completely of all remaining water. This is what a sprinkler blowout is for. As the name implies, a sprinkler blowout is the process of passing air through sprinkler pipes which blows any remaining water out of the system.
Sprinkler Winterization versus Sprinkler Blowout
The term sprinkler winterization describes the process of switching your sprinkler system into "winter mode." It consists of a sum of different tasks that prepare your system for the winter season. It includes draining sitting water from your sprinkler system and shutting off or disconnecting the water source, and can also include additional winter preparation measures such as insulating parts of your sprinkler system with foam to protect it from the freezing cold.
Sprinkler blowout refers specifically to the process employed to remove all the water from your sprinkler system. It is one of a handful of different methods used in winterizing sprinkler systems, and is by far the most popular and effective. The exact winterization process for a sprinkler system depends on the brand and model of the sprinkler system. Almost always, sprinkler blowout is the best choice. Forcing pressurized air from an air compressor through all lines, one zone at a time, effectively rids your entire sprinkler system, from the pipes to the valves, of all remaining water.
Benefits of Professional Richmond Heights, MO Sprinkler Blowout
Sprinkler blowout is not technically complicated in principle, but nevertheless is best left to the Richmond Heights, MO professionals. The performance and long-term physical condition of your sprinkler system depend on the proper execution of the necessary annual task of sprinkler blowout. The effects on your property as a whole will be extreme, either the devistating damage that occurs from failing to blowout your irrigation system properly or the welcomed advantages that come from professional-grade Richmond Heights, MO sprinkler blowout services. Too much air pressure can damage your pipes and system, while failing to evacuate all remaining water can be destructive by freezing and expanding during the winter.
The execution of your Richmond Heights, MO property's sprinkler blowout affects more than just your property, though. Your personal safety and well-being could also be at risk. The experienced contractors with Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis are experts in all sprinkler repair, maintenance, and installation services, including sprinkler blowout. They are well-acquaintd with all the components of your irrigation system and have undergone in-depth training in the proper procedures and equipment to use when performing sprinkler blowout. Because of the risks involved in working with small metal pieces in combination with highly pressurized air, it's imperative that the individual working on your system knows and takes necessary safety precautions and has access to the right equipment. Otherwise, hazards such as flying debris can cause injury to people nearby.
Count on us for your home's Richmond Heights, MO sprinkler blowout. Our skilled technicians is committed to getting the job done quickly, correctly, and safely. We realize how even a negligible amount of water trapped in any part of the Richmond Heights, MO sprinkler system could possibly freeze and, thus, damage your system. That's why we guarantee the total removal of all water from your sprinkler system. Also, know that we are experts on complete sprinkler service needs. When a sprinkler tech comes to your Richmond Heights, MO home this season to perform a sprinkler blowout, they will also be able to detect and address any additional problems before they necessitate expensive repair proejcts.
Richmond Heights, MO Sprinkler Blowout Service
Reduced to its most basic steps, the technician performing your sprinkler blowout will:
- Turn off your water source via the main shutoff valve.
- Remove the back-flow preventer and flow sensors. Seal and manually drain the pipes of water.
- Run an air compressor hose to your system, one zone at a time, starting from the farthest zone, to purge the system of all remaining water.
- Turn off the timer or controller.
When seeking the right contractor to take care of the sprinkler blowout for your Richmond Heights, MO property's irrigation system, you would be wise to select someone who:
- Is a full-time sprinkler company, not another kind of service company that happens to offer sprinkler blowouts. These guys are not sprinkler experts.
- Handles sprinkler repair and other services. Save yourself time and trouble by booking a technician that can deliver on a sprinkler blowout and additional sprinkler services at the same time. Even if you don't believe your system needs repairs, having someone who knows sprinkler repair do your blowout will catch potential problems and be able to take care of repairs right away as well.
- Has experience with sprinkler blowouts. Your technician should have extensive training and professional experience to make sure that they are as safe and effective as possible.
- Has experience working with your brand of sprinkler system, including backflow preventer and controller components. Different brands are built differently. Knowing first-hand exactly how your brand works is important to proper blowout and operation.
- Is insured. Insurance is imperative in case something goes wrong, but also indicates a responsible and legitimate business. Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis is not only insured, but is also licensed and bonded, a further sign of a trusted company in your community.
- Has good customer reviews. Look beyond a single five-star rating. There should be several examples of positive customer feedback. See some of our reviews on our site.
Schedule Your Richmond Heights, MO Sprinkler Blowout Today | Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis
You insist on the best in all other aspects of your life; do the same for your sprinkler system. Get a professional sprinkler blowout to maintain the beauty of your lawn all year long, avoid expensive repairs, and keep your sprinkler system working effectively for years to come.
Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis is the best sprinkler service provider, including sprinkler blowout services, in the Richmond Heights, MO area. We take pride in our work and have been providing Richmond Heights, MO sprinkler blowout and other sprinkler services for over thirty years. With cold weather approaching, there is no time to waste. Schedule your sprinkler blowout with Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis today. Call us at (314) 450-0342 or send us a message today.