Town and Country, MO Sprinkler blowout. Freezing cold weather in the winter is a fact of life Missouri. Like every other Town and Country, MO resident, you have a annual routine you go through to prepare your home, your vehicle, and your family for a safe and comfortable season. You get the furnace tuned-up, fuel up the snowblower, drag out the ice melt, and get your mittens out of the closet. But for your home's irrigation system, preparing for winter in Town and Country, MO also includes a sprinkler blowout.
What is Sprinkler Blowout?
Sprinkler blowout is a method used to prepare your irrigation system for winter's low temperatures. Water constantly sits in your sprinkler lines, and when left there for the winter, that water will freeze, expanding in the pipes when temperatures underground fall below freezing. The only way to be sure that frozen water does not crack, burst, warp, or weaken your sprinkler lines is to clear the system completely of all remaining water. This is what a sprinkler blowout is for. As the name implies, a sprinkler blowout relies on the force of high-pressure air moving through the sprinkler system, which blows any remaining water out of the system.
Sprinkler Winterization versus Sprinkler Blowout
Sprinkler winterization describes the process of switching your sprinkler system into "winter mode." It consists of a sum of different tasks that prepare your system for the winter season. You will want to drain the water sitting in your pipes and shut off or disconnect your sprinkler from its water supply. Additionally, you may choose to take further measures such as insulating parts of your sprinkler system with foam to protect it from the freezing cold.
Sprinkler blowout is a specific process used to remove all the water from your sprinkler system. It is one of a handful of different methods used in winterizing sprinkler systems, and is by far the most popular and effective. The exact winterization process for a sprinkler system depends on the brand and model of the sprinkler system. Almost always, sprinkler blowout is best. Forcing pressurized air from an air compressor through all lines, one zone at a time, effectively rids your entire sprinkler system, from the pipes to the valves, of all remaining water.
Benefits of Professional Town and Country, MO Sprinkler Blowout
Sprinkler blowout is not technically complicated in principle, but nevertheless is best left to the Town and Country, MO professionals. It's essential both to enhancing the performance and maintaining the physical condition of your sprinkler system that annual sprinkler blowout procedures are handled correctly. The impact on your entire property will be extreme, either the devistating damage that occurs from failing to blowout your irrigation system properly or the welcomed advantages that come from professional-grade Town and Country, MO sprinkler blowout services. Too much air pressure can damage your pipes and system, while not successfully ridding your system of water can cause damage by freezing and expanding during the winter.
The way you go about your Town and Country, MO property's sprinkler blowout does not just impact your property, though. Your personal safety and well-being could also be at risk. The experienced contractors with Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis are practiced in all sprinkler repair, maintenance, and installation services, including sprinkler blowout. They are familiar with all the components of your irrigation system and have undergone in-depth training in the proper procedures and equipment to use when performing sprinkler blowout. With highly pressurized air and hard metal pieces involved, you are relying on your technician to follow all safety guidelines and precautions and to have access to the right equipment. Otherwise, hazards such as flying debris can cause injury to people nearby.
Count on us for your home's Town and Country, MO sprinkler blowout. The skilled team at Lawn Sprinkler of St. Louis is committed to getting the job done quickly, correctly, and safely. We realize that even a small amount of water trapped in any part of the Town and Country, MO sprinkler system has the potential to freeze and, thus, damage your system. That's why we guarantee the total removal of all water from your sprinkler system. Also, consider that our technicians are experts on all things sprinklers. When a sprinkler tech comes to your Town and Country, MO home this season to perform a sprinkler blowout, they have the ability to detect and address any additional problems before they necessitate expensive repair proejcts.
Town and Country, MO Sprinkler Blowout Service
Reduced to its most basic steps, the technician performing your sprinkler blowout will:
- Turn off your water source via the main shutoff valve.
- Remove the back-flow preventer and flow sensors. Seal and manually drain the pipes of water.
- Run an air compressor hose to your system, one zone at a time, starting from the farthest zone, to purge the system of all remaining water.
- Turn off the timer or controller.
When seeking the contractor that will best meet your sprinkler blowout needs for your Town and Country, MO property's irrigation system, you would be wise to select someone who:
- Is a full-time sprinkler company, not a fencing or other type of company that happens to offer sprinkler blowouts. These guys are not sprinkler experts.
- Handles sprinkler repair and other services. Save yourself time and trouble by booking a technician that can deliver on a sprinkler blowout and additional sprinkler services at the same time. If you aren't aware of any necessary repairs, having someone who knows sprinkler repair do your blowout will catch potential problems and be able to take care of repairs right away as well.
- Has experience with sprinkler blowouts. Your technician should have extensive training and professional experience to make sure that they are as safe and effective as possible.
- Has experience working with your brand of sprinkler system, including backflow preventer and controller components. Each brand may be slightly different. Specific knowledge of how your brand works is important to proper blowout and operation.
- Is insured. Insurance is imperative in case something goes wrong, but also indicates a responsible and legitimate business. Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis carries insurance, and is also licensed and bonded, a further sign of a trusted company in your community.
- Has good customer reviews. Look for not just one five star rating, but several examples of positive customer feedback. See some of our reviews on our site.
Schedule Your Town and Country, MO Sprinkler Blowout Today | Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis
In all other areas of your life, you make sure to go with the best; do the same for your sprinkler system. With a professional sprinkler blowout, you will get to enjoy the beauty of your lawn all year long, avoid expensive repairs, and keep your sprinkler system working effectively for years to come.
Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis is the best sprinkler service provider, including sprinkler blowout services, in the Town and Country, MO area. We take pride in our work and have been providing Town and Country, MO sprinkler blowout and other sprinkler services for more than thirty years. With fall and winter approaching, it's time to act. Schedule your sprinkler blowout with Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis today. Call us at (314) 450-0342 or send us a message today.