Brentwood, MO Sprinkler blowout. Freezing cold weather in the winter is a fact of life Missouri. As a Brentwood, MO resident, you are accustomed to the routine every year to make sure you are ready for the winter and you, your family, and your belongings stay safe all season. On your list are things like maintenance for the furnace, gassing up the snowblower, purchasing ice melt, and switching your wardrobe out for winter apparel. But for your home's in-ground sprinkler system, preparing for winter in Brentwood, MO also includes a sprinkler blowout.
What is Sprinkler Blowout?
Sprinkler blowout is a method used to prepare your irrigation system for the cold winter months. The water that normally sits within and throughout your lines can freeze and expand throughout the winter when temperatures underground fall below freezing. To thoroughly prevent freezing water from cracking, bursting, warping, or weakening your irrigation pipes, the system must be totally rid of every last drop. This is the role of a sprinkler blowout. As the name implies, a sprinkler blowout is the process of passing air through sprinkler pipes which blows any remaining water out of the system.
Sprinkler Winterization versus Sprinkler Blowout
The term sprinkler winterization refers to the actions one takes to prepare your sprinkler system for "winter mode." There are multiple things you can do to help your system get safely through the winter season. It includes draining sitting water from your sprinkler system and shutting off or disconnecting the water source, and can also include additional winter preparation measures such as insulating parts of your sprinkler system with foam to protect it from the freezing cold.
Sprinkler blowout refers specifically to the process employed to remove all the water from your sprinkler system. It is one of a handful of different methods used to achieve the water-clearing part of sprinkler winterization, and is by far the most popular and effective. The exact winterization process for a sprinkler system depends on the brand and model of the sprinkler system. Almost always, sprinkler blowout is the best choice. The blowout procedure of compelling pressurized air from an air compressor through all lines, one zone at a time, is effective in evacuating all remaining water and moisture from your sprinkler system's pipes and vavles.
Benefits of Professional Brentwood, MO Sprinkler Blowout
Sprinkler blowout is not technically complicated in principle, but nevertheless is wisest to leave it to the Brentwood, MO professionals. It's essential both to enhancing the performance and maintaining the physical condition of your sprinkler system that annual sprinkler blowout procedures are handled correctly. The effects on your property as a whole will be significant, either the destructivee damage that results from failing to blowout your irrigation system properly or the healthful flourishing that springs from professional-grade Brentwood, MO sprinkler blowout services. Using air pressure that is too high can damage your pipes and system, while failing to evacuate all remaining water can be destructive by freezing and expanding during the winter.
The execution of your Brentwood, MO property's sprinkler blowout does not just impact your property, though. Your personal safety and well-being are also on the line. The experienced contractors with Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis are experts in all sprinkler repair, maintenance, and installation services, including sprinkler blowout. They are familiar with every part and function of your irrigation system and have undergone in-depth training in the proper procedures and equipment to use when performing sprinkler blowout. With highly pressurized air and hard metal pieces involved, you are relying on your technician to follow all safety guidelines and precautions and to have access to the right equipment. Otherwise, hazards such as flying debris can cause injury to people nearby.
Count on us for your home's Brentwood, MO sprinkler blowout. Our skilled technicians will get the job done quickly, correctly, and safely. We understand how even a negligible amount of water trapped in any part of the Brentwood, MO sprinkler system has the potential to freeze and, thus, damage your system. That's why we work hard to ensure the total removal of all water from your sprinkler system. Also, know that we are experts on complete sprinkler service needs. When a sprinkler tech comes to your Brentwood, MO home this season to perform a sprinkler blowout, they will also be able to detect and address any additional problems before they necessitate expensive repair proejcts.
Brentwood, MO Sprinkler Blowout Service
At the simplest level, you can expect your service provider to do the following during your sprinkler blowout:
- Turn off your water source via the main shutoff valve.
- Remove the back-flow preventer and flow sensors. Seal and manually drain the pipes of water.
- Run an air compressor hose to your system, one zone at a time, starting from the farthest zone, to purge the system of all remaining water.
- Turn off the timer or controller.
When looking for the contractor that will best meet your sprinkler blowout needs for your Brentwood, MO property's irrigation system, you should find someone who:
- Is a full-time sprinkler company, not another kind of service company that happens to offer sprinkler blowouts. They are not sprinkler experts.
- Handles sprinkler repair and other services. Kill two birds with one stone if you need a sprinkler blowout and additional sprinkler services at the same time. If you aren't aware of any necessary repairs, having someone who knows sprinkler repair do your blowout will catch potential problems and be able to take care of repairs right away as well.
- Has experience with sprinkler blowouts. Someone with a proven track record and experience performing blowouts will be as safe and effective as possible.
- Has experience working with your brand of sprinkler system, including backflow preventer and controller components. Each brand may be slightly different. Knowing first-hand exactly how your brand works is important to proper blowout and operation.
- Is insured. Insurance is important in case of mishaps, but also indicates a responsible and legitimate business. Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis is not only insured, but is also licensed and bonded, a further sign of a trusted company in your community.
- Has good customer reviews. Look beyond a single five-star rating. There should be several examples of positive customer feedback. See some of our reviews on our site.
Schedule Your Brentwood, MO Sprinkler Blowout Today | Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis
You insist on the best in all other aspects of your life; do the same for your sprinkler system. With a professional sprinkler blowout, you will get to enjoy the beauty of your lawn all year long, avoid expensive repairs, and keep your sprinkler system working effectively for years to come.
Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis is the leading authority on all sprinkler services, including sprinkler blowout services, in the Brentwood, MO area. We are proud of the work we do for our neighbors and have been providing Brentwood, MO sprinkler blowout and other sprinkler services for more than thirty years. With fall and winter upon us, there is no time to waste. Schedule your sprinkler blowout with Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis today. Call us at (314) 450-0342 or send us a message today.