Sprinkler blowout. Freezing cold weather in the winter is a fact of life in Missouri. As a Missouri resident, you are accustomed to the annual routine you go through to prepare your home, your vehicle, and your family for a safe and comfortable season. You get the furnace tuned-up, fuel up the snowblower, drag out the ice melt, and get your mittens out of the closet. But for your home's in-ground sprinkler system, preparing for winter also includes a sprinkler blowout.
For your sprinkler blowout this fall, count on the professionals. Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis is well-versed in sprinkler blowouts for all of the industry's leading brands, as well as complete sprinkler services from installation to repair. Call us at (314) 450-0342 to get your sprinkler blowout started today.
What is Sprinkler Blowout?
Sprinkler blowout is a necessary service that readies your irrigation system for the cold winter months. The water that normally sits within and throughout your lines can freeze and expand throughout the winter when temperatures underground fall below freezing. To thoroughly prevent freezing water from cracking, bursting, warping, or weakening your irrigation pipes, the system must be totally rid of all remaining water. This is the role of a sprinkler blowout. As the name implies, a sprinkler blowout is the process of passing air through sprinkler pipes which blows any remaining water out of the system.
Sprinkler Winterization versus Spinkler Blowout
Sprinkler winterization refers to the process of switching your sprinkler system into "winter mode." It consists of a sum of different tasks that prepare your system for the winter season. It includes draining sitting water from your sprinkler system and shutting off or disconnecting the water source, and can also include additional winter preparation measures such as protecting exposed parts of the system with foam to insulate it from the freezing cold.
Sprinkler blowout is a specific process used to remove all the water from your sprinkler system. It is one of a handful of different methods used in winterizing sprinkler systems, and is by far the most popular and effective. The exact winterization process for a sprinkler system depends on the brand and model of the sprinkler system. Except in unique cases, sprinkler blowout is the best choice. Forcing pressurized air from an air compressor through all lines, one zone at a time, is effective in evacuating all remaining water and moisture from your sprinkler system's pipes and valves.
Benefits of Professional Sprinkler Blowout
Sprinkler blowout is not technically complicated in principle, but nevertheless is best left to the professionals. It's essential both to enhancing the performance and maintaining the physical condition of your sprinkler system that annual sprinkler blowout procedures are handled correctly. The effects on your property as a whole will be extreme, whether it is the devastating damage that occurs from failing to blow out your irrigation system properly or the welcomed advantages that come from professional-grade sprinkler blowout services. Too much air pressure can damage your pipes, just as not successfully ridding your system of water can cause damage by freezing and expanding during the winter.
The way you go about your property's sprinkler blowout does not just impact your property, though. Your personal safety and well-being are also on the line. Our professional sprinkler technicians are practiced in all sprinkler repair, maintenance, and installation services, including sprinkler blowout. They are familiar with all the components of your irrigation system and have been extensively trained in the proper procedures and equipment to use when performing sprinkler blowout. With highly pressurized air and hard metal pieces involved, it's imperative that the individual working on your system knows and takes necessary safety precautions and has access to the right equipment. Otherwise, hazards such as flying debris can cause injury to people nearby.
Leave the sprinkler blowout of your home sprinkler system up to us. Our expert technicians will get the job done quickly, correctly, and safely. We understand that even a small amount of water trapped in any part of the sprinkler system has the potential to freeze and, thus, damage your system. That's why we guarantee the total removal of all water from your sprinkler system. Also, consider that our technicians are experts on all things sprinklers. When they come to your home this season to perform a sprinkler blowout, our technicians have the ability to detect and address any additional problems before they become unmanageable.
Sprinkler Blowout Service
Reduced to its most basic steps, the technician performing your sprinkler blowout will:
- Turn off your water source via the main shutoff valve.
- Remove the back-flow preventer and flow sensors. Seal and manually drain the pipes of water.
- Run an air compressor hose to your system, one zone at a time, starting from the farthest zone, to purge the system of all remaining water.
- Turn off the timer or controller.
When looking for the right contractor to take care of the sprinkler blowout for your property's irrigation system, you would be wise to select someone who:
- Is a full-time sprinkler company, not a fencing or other type of company that happens to offer sprinkler blowouts. These guys are not sprinkler experts.
- Handles sprinkler repair and other services. Kill two birds with one stone if you need a sprinkler blowout and additional sprinkler services at the same time. If you aren't aware of any necessary repairs, having someone who knows sprinkler repair do your blowout will catch potential problems and be able to take care of repairs right away as well.
- Has experience with sprinkler blowouts. Your technician should have extensive training and professional experience to make sure that they are as safe and effective as possible.
- Has experience working with your brand of sprinkler system, including backflow preventer and controller components. Each brand may be slightly different. Specific knowledge of how your brand works is important to proper blowout and operation.
- Is insured. Insurance is imperative in case something goes wrong. Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis is not only insured but is also licensed and bonded, a sign of a trusted company in your community.
- Has good customer reviews. Look for not just one five star rating, but several examples of positive customer feedback. See some of our reviews on our site.
Schedule Your Sprinkler Blowout Today | Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis
You insist on the best in all other aspects of your life; do the same for your sprinkler system. Get a professional sprinkler blowout to maintain the beauty of your lawn all year long, avoid expensive repairs, and keep your sprinkler system working effectively for years to come.
Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis is the leading authority on all sprinkler services, including sprinkler blowout services, in the St. Louis area. We take pride in our work and have been providing sprinkler blowout and other sprinkler services for over thirty years. With fall and winter approaching, there is no time to waste. Schedule your sprinkler blowout with Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis today. Call us at (314) 450-0342 or send us a message today.