Maplewood, MO Sprinkler blowout. Freezing cold weather in the winter is a fact of life Missouri. Like every other Maplewood, MO resident, you have a annual routine you go through to prepare your home, your vehicle, and your family for a safe and comfortable season. You get the furnace tuned-up, fuel up the snowblower, drag out the ice melt, and get your mittens out of the closet. But for your home's in-ground sprinkler system, preparing for winter in Maplewood, MO also includes a sprinkler blowout.
What is Sprinkler Blowout?
Sprinkler blowout is a necessary service that readies your irrigation system for the cold winter months. Water constantly sits in your sprinkler lines, and when left there for the winter, that water will freeze, expanding in the pipes when temperatures underground fall below freezing. The only way to be sure that frozen water does not crack, burst, warp, or weaken your sprinkler lines is to clear the system completely of every last drop. This is what a sprinkler blowout is for. As the name implies, a sprinkler blowout relies on the force of high-pressure air moving through the sprinkler system, which blows any remaining water out of the system.
Sprinkler Winterization versus Spinkler Blowout
Sprinkler winterization refers to the actions one takes to prepare your sprinkler system for "winter mode." There are multiple things you can do to help your system get safely through the winter season. You will want to drain the water sitting in your pipes and shut off or disconnect your sprinkler from its water supply. Additionally, you may choose to take further measures such as protecting exposed parts of the system with foam to insulate it from the freezing cold.
Sprinkler blowout refers specifically to the process employed to remove all the water from your sprinkler system. It is one of a handful of different methods used to achieve the water-clearing part of sprinkler winterization, and is by far the most popular and effective. The exact winterization process for a sprinkler system depends on the brand and model of the sprinkler system. Except in unique cases, sprinkler blowout is the best choice. The blowout procedure of compelling pressurized air from an air compressor through all lines, one zone at a time, effectively rids your entire sprinkler system, from the pipes to the valves, of all remaining water.
Benefits of Professional Maplewood, MO Sprinkler Blowout
Sprinkler blowout is not technically complicated in principle, but nevertheless is best left to the Maplewood, MO professionals. It's essential both to enhancing the performance and maintaining the physical condition of your sprinkler system that annual sprinkler blowout procedures are handled correctly. The impact on your entire property will be extreme, either the destructivee damage that occurs from failing to blowout your irrigation system properly or the welcomed advantages that come from professional-grade Maplewood, MO sprinkler blowout services. Too much air pressure can damage your pipes and system, just as not successfully ridding your system of water can be destructive by freezing and expanding during the winter.
The execution of your Maplewood, MO property's sprinkler blowout affects more than just your property, though. Your personal safety and well-being are also on the line. The experienced contractors with Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis are experts in all sprinkler repair, maintenance, and installation services, including sprinkler blowout. They are well-acquaintd with every part and function of your irrigation system and have been extensively trained in the appropriate procedures and equipment to use when performing sprinkler blowout. With highly pressurized air and hard metal pieces involved, it's imperative that the individual working on your system knows and takes necessary safety precautions and has access to the right equipment. Otherwise, hazards such as flying debris can cause injury to people nearby.
Count on us for your home's Maplewood, MO sprinkler blowout. Our skilled technicians will get the job done quickly, correctly, and safely. We realize how even a negligible amount of water trapped in any part of the Maplewood, MO sprinkler system has the potential to freeze and, thus, damage your system. That's why we work hard to ensure the total removal of all water from your sprinkler system. Also, consider that our technicians are experts on all things sprinklers. When a sprinkler tech comes to your Maplewood, MO home this season to perform a sprinkler blowout, they have the ability to detect and address any additional problems before they necessitate expensive repair proejcts.
Maplewood, MO Sprinkler Blowout Service
At the simplest level, you can expect your service provider to do the following during your sprinkler blowout:
- Turn off your water source via the main shutoff valve.
- Remove the back-flow preventer and flow sensors. Seal and manually drain the pipes of water.
- Run an air compressor hose to your system, one zone at a time, starting from the farthest zone, to purge the system of all remaining water.
- Turn off the timer or controller.
When seeking the right contractor to take care of the sprinkler blowout for your Maplewood, MO property's irrigation system, you would be wise to select someone who:
- Is a full-time sprinkler company, not a fencing or other type of company that happens to offer sprinkler blowouts. They are not sprinkler experts.
- Handles sprinkler repair and other services. Kill two birds with one stone if you need a sprinkler blowout and additional sprinkler services at the same time. Even if you don't believe your system needs repairs, having someone who knows sprinkler repair do your blowout will catch potential problems and be able to take care of repairs right away as well.
- Has experience with sprinkler blowouts. Someone with a proven track record and experience performing blowouts will be as safe and effective as possible.
- Has experience working with your brand of sprinkler system, including backflow preventer and controller components. Different brands are built differently. Knowing first-hand exactly how your brand works is important to proper blowout and operation.
- Is insured. Insurance is important in case of mishaps, but also indicates a responsible and legitimate business. Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis carries insurance, and is also licensed and bonded, a further sign of a trusted company in your community.
- Has good customer reviews. Look for not just one five star rating, but several examples of positive customer feedback. See some of our reviews on our site.
Schedule Your Maplewood, MO Sprinkler Blowout Today | Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis
In all other areas of your life, you make sure to go with the best; do the same for your sprinkler system. With a professional sprinkler blowout, you will get to enjoy the beauty of your lawn all year long, avoid expensive repairs, and keep your sprinkler system working effectively for years to come.
Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis is the leading authority on all sprinkler services, including sprinkler blowout services, in the Maplewood, MO area. We take pride in our work and have been providing Maplewood, MO sprinkler blowout and other sprinkler services for more than thirty years. With cold weather approaching, there is no time to waste. Schedule your sprinkler blowout with Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis today. Call us at (314) 450-0342 or send us a message today.