Brentwood, MO Sprinkler blowout. Freezing cold weather in the winter is a fact of life Missouri. Like every other Brentwood, MO resident, you have a annual routine you go through to make sure you are ready for the winter and you, your family, and your belongings stay safe all season. You get the furnace tuned-up, fuel up the snowblower, drag out the ice melt, and get your mittens out of the closet. When you have an irrigation system, preparing for winter in Brentwood, MO also includes a sprinkler blowout.
What is Sprinkler Blowout?
Sprinkler blowout is a method used to prepare your irrigation system for the cold winter months. Water constantly sits in your sprinkler lines, and when left there for the winter, that water will freeze, expanding in the pipes when temperatures underground fall below freezing. The only way to be sure that frozen water does not crack, burst, warp, or weaken your sprinkler lines is to clear the system completely of every last drop. This is the role of a sprinkler blowout. As the name implies, a sprinkler blowout is the process of passing air through sprinkler pipes which blows any remaining water out of the system.
Sprinkler Winterization versus Spinkler Blowout
The term sprinkler winterization describes the actions one takes to prepare your sprinkler system for "winter mode." It consists of a sum of different tasks that prepare your system for the winter season. You will want to drain the water sitting in your pipes and shut off or disconnect your sprinkler from its water supply. Additionally, you may choose to take further measures such as insulating parts of your sprinkler system with foam to protect it from the freezing cold.
Sprinkler blowout refers specifically to the process employed to remove all the water from your sprinkler system. It is one of a few different methods used to achieve the water-clearing part of sprinkler winterization, and is by far the most popular and effective. The exact winterization process for a sprinkler system depends on the brand and model of the sprinkler system. Except in unique cases, sprinkler blowout is best. The blowout procedure of compelling pressurized air from an air compressor through all lines, one zone at a time, is effective in evacuating all remaining water and moisture from your sprinkler system's pipes and vavles.
Benefits of Professional Brentwood, MO Sprinkler Blowout
Sprinkler blowout is not technically complicated in principle, but nevertheless is best left to the Brentwood, MO professionals. The performance and long-term physical condition of your sprinkler system depend on the proper execution of the necessary annual task of sprinkler blowout. The impact on your property as a whole will be extreme, either the destructivee damage that results from failing to blowout your irrigation system properly or the welcomed advantages that come from professional-grade Brentwood, MO sprinkler blowout services. Too much air pressure can damage your pipes and system, while not successfully ridding your system of water can cause damage by freezing and expanding during the winter.
The execution of your Brentwood, MO property's sprinkler blowout affects more than just your property, though. Your personal safety and well-being could also be at risk. Our professional sprinkler technicians are practiced in all sprinkler repair, maintenance, and installation services, including sprinkler blowout. They are well-acquaintd with every part and function of your irrigation system and have undergone in-depth training in the proper procedures and equipment to use when performing sprinkler blowout. With highly pressurized air and hard metal pieces involved, it's imperative that the individual working on your system knows and takes necessary safety precautions and has access to the right equipment. Otherwise, hazards such as flying debris can cause injury to people nearby.
Leave the Brentwood, MO sprinkler blowout of your home sprinkler system up to us. Our skilled technicians is committed to getting the job done quickly, correctly, and safely. We realize how even a negligible amount of water trapped in any part of the Brentwood, MO sprinkler system has the potential to freeze and, thus, damage your system. That's why we guarantee the total removal of all water from your sprinkler system. Also, know that we are experts on complete sprinkler service needs. When a sprinkler tech comes to your Brentwood, MO home this season to perform a sprinkler blowout, they will also be able to detect and address any additional problems before they become unmanageable.
Brentwood, MO Sprinkler Blowout Service
At the simplest level, you can expect your service provider to do the following during your sprinkler blowout:
- Turn off your water source via the main shutoff valve.
- Remove the back-flow preventer and flow sensors. Seal and manually drain the pipes of water.
- Run an air compressor hose to your system, one zone at a time, starting from the farthest zone, to purge the system of all remaining water.
- Turn off the timer or controller.
When seeking the right contractor to take care of the sprinkler blowout for your Brentwood, MO property's irrigation system, you would be wise to select someone who:
- Is a full-time sprinkler company, not a fencing or other type of company that happens to offer sprinkler blowouts. They are not sprinkler experts.
- Handles sprinkler repair and other services. Save yourself time and trouble by booking a technician that can deliver on a sprinkler blowout and additional sprinkler services at the same time. If you aren't aware of any necessary repairs, having someone who knows sprinkler repair do your blowout will catch potential problems and be able to take care of repairs right away as well.
- Has experience with sprinkler blowouts. Someone with a proven track record and experience performing blowouts will be as safe and effective as possible.
- Has experience working with your brand of sprinkler system, including backflow preventer and controller components. Each brand may be slightly different. Specific knowledge of how your brand works is important to proper blowout and operation.
- Is insured. Insurance is important in case of mishaps, but also indicates a responsible and legitimate business. Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis carries insurance, and is also licensed and bonded, a further sign of a trusted company in your community.
- Has good customer reviews. Look for not just one five star rating, but several examples of positive customer feedback. See some of our reviews on our site.
Schedule Your Brentwood, MO Sprinkler Blowout Today | Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis
You insist on the best in all other aspects of your life; do the same for your sprinkler system. Get a professional sprinkler blowout to maintain the beauty of your lawn all year long, avoid expensive repairs, and keep your sprinkler system working effectively for years to come.
Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis is the best sprinkler service provider, including sprinkler blowout services, in the Brentwood, MO area. We take pride in our work and have been providing Brentwood, MO sprinkler blowout and other sprinkler services for more than thirty years. With fall and winter approaching, it's time to act. Schedule your sprinkler blowout with Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis today. Call us at (314) 450-0342 or send us a message today.