Country Life Acres, MO Sprinkler blowout. Freezing cold weather in the winter is a fact of life Missouri. Like every other Country Life Acres, MO resident, you are accustomed to the routine every year to prepare your home, your vehicle, and your family for a safe and comfortable season. You get the furnace tuned-up, fuel up the snowblower, drag out the ice melt, and get your mittens out of the closet. But for your home's irrigation system, preparing for winter in Country Life Acres, MO also includes a sprinkler blowout.
What is Sprinkler Blowout?
Sprinkler blowout is a necessary service that readies your irrigation system for the cold winter months. The water that normally sits within and throughout your lines can freeze and expand throughout the winter when temperatures underground fall below freezing. The only way to be sure that frozen water does not crack, burst, warp, or weaken your sprinkler lines is to clear the system completely of every last drop. This is the role of a sprinkler blowout. As the name implies, a sprinkler blowout is the process of passing air through sprinkler pipes which blows any remaining water out of the system.
Sprinkler Winterization versus Spinkler Blowout
The term sprinkler winterization describes the actions one takes to prepare your sprinkler system for "winter mode." It consists of a sum of different tasks that prepare your system for the winter season. It includes draining sitting water from your sprinkler system and shutting off or disconnecting the water source, and can also include additional winter preparation measures such as protecting exposed parts of the system with foam to insulate it from the freezing cold.
Sprinkler blowout is a specific process used to remove all the water from your sprinkler system. It is one of a few different methods used to achieve the water-clearing part of sprinkler winterization, and is by far the most popular and effective. Different sprinkler system and component brands and models call for slightly different processes. Except in unique cases, sprinkler blowout is the best choice. Forcing pressurized air from an air compressor through all lines, one zone at a time, effectively rids your entire sprinkler system, from the pipes to the valves, of all remaining water.
Benefits of Professional Country Life Acres, MO Sprinkler Blowout
Sprinkler blowout is not technically complicated in principle, but nevertheless is wisest to leave it to the Country Life Acres, MO professionals. The performance and long-term physical condition of your sprinkler system depend on the proper execution of the necessary annual task of sprinkler blowout. The effects on your property as a whole will be extreme, either the devistating damage that occurs from failing to blowout your irrigation system properly or the healthful flourishing that springs from professional-grade Country Life Acres, MO sprinkler blowout services. Using air pressure that is too high can damage your pipes and system, just as not successfully ridding your system of water can be destructive by freezing and expanding during the winter.
The execution of your Country Life Acres, MO property's sprinkler blowout does not just impact your property, though. Your personal safety and well-being could also be at risk. The experienced contractors with Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis are practiced in all sprinkler repair, maintenance, and installation services, including sprinkler blowout. They are well-acquaintd with every part and function of your irrigation system and have been extensively trained in the appropriate procedures and equipment to use when performing sprinkler blowout. With highly pressurized air and hard metal pieces involved, it's imperative that the individual working on your system knows and takes necessary safety precautions and has access to the right equipment. Otherwise, hazards such as flying debris can cause injury to people nearby.
Leave the Country Life Acres, MO sprinkler blowout of your home sprinkler system up to us. Our skilled technicians is committed to getting the job done quickly, correctly, and safely. We realize how even a small amount of water trapped in any part of the Country Life Acres, MO sprinkler system has the potential to freeze and, thus, damage your system. That's why we guarantee the total removal of all water from your sprinkler system. Also, know that we are experts on complete sprinkler service needs. When a sprinkler tech comes to your Country Life Acres, MO home this season to perform a sprinkler blowout, they have the ability to detect and address any additional problems before they necessitate expensive repair proejcts.
Country Life Acres, MO Sprinkler Blowout Service
At the simplest level, you can expect your service provider to do the following during your sprinkler blowout:
- Turn off your water source via the main shutoff valve.
- Remove the back-flow preventer and flow sensors. Seal and manually drain the pipes of water.
- Run an air compressor hose to your system, one zone at a time, starting from the farthest zone, to purge the system of all remaining water.
- Turn off the timer or controller.
When seeking the right contractor to take care of the sprinkler blowout for your Country Life Acres, MO property's irrigation system, you would be wise to select someone who:
- Is a full-time sprinkler company, not a fencing or other type of company that happens to offer sprinkler blowouts. These guys are not sprinkler experts.
- Handles sprinkler repair and other services. Kill two birds with one stone if you need a sprinkler blowout and additional sprinkler services at the same time. If you aren't aware of any necessary repairs, having someone who knows sprinkler repair do your blowout will catch potential problems and be able to take care of repairs right away as well.
- Has experience with sprinkler blowouts. Your technician should have extensive training and professional experience to make sure that they are as safe and effective as possible.
- Has experience working with your brand of sprinkler system, including backflow preventer and controller components. Each brand may be slightly different. Knowing first-hand exactly how your brand works is important to proper blowout and operation.
- Is insured. Insurance is imperative in case something goes wrong, but also indicates a responsible and legitimate business. Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis is not only insured, but is also licensed and bonded, a further sign of a trusted company in your community.
- Has good customer reviews. Look beyond a single five-star rating. There should be several examples of positive customer feedback. See some of our reviews on our site.
Schedule Your Country Life Acres, MO Sprinkler Blowout Today | Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis
You insist on the best in all other aspects of your life; your sprinkler system deserves the same. Get a professional sprinkler blowout to maintain the beauty of your lawn all year long, avoid expensive repairs, and keep your sprinkler system working effectively for years to come.
Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis is the best sprinkler service provider, including sprinkler blowout services, in the Country Life Acres, MO area. We are proud of the work we do for our neighbors and have been providing Country Life Acres, MO sprinkler blowout and other sprinkler services for over thirty years. With fall and winter upon us, it's time to act. Schedule your sprinkler blowout with Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis today. Call us at (314) 450-0342 or send us a message today.