Ballwin, MO Sprinkler blowout. Freezing cold weather in the winter is a fact of life Missouri. Like every other Ballwin, MO resident, you are accustomed to the annual routine you go through to prepare your home, your vehicle, and your family for a safe and comfortable season. You get the furnace tuned-up, fuel up the snowblower, drag out the ice melt, and get your mittens out of the closet. When you have an irrigation system, preparing for winter in Ballwin, MO also includes a sprinkler blowout.
What is Sprinkler Blowout?
Sprinkler blowout is a necessary service that readies your irrigation system for winter's low temperatures. The water that normally sits within and throughout your lines can freeze and expand throughout the winter when temperatures underground fall below freezing. To thoroughly prevent freezing water from cracking, bursting, warping, or weakening your irrigation pipes, the system must be totally rid of every last drop. This is the role of a sprinkler blowout. As the name implies, a sprinkler blowout is the process of passing air through sprinkler pipes which blows any remaining water out of the system.
Sprinkler Winterization versus Spinkler Blowout
Sprinkler winterization refers to the actions one takes to prepare your sprinkler system for "winter mode." There are multiple things you can do to help your system get safely through the winter season. You will want to drain the water sitting in your pipes and shut off or disconnect your sprinkler from its water supply. Additionally, you may choose to take further measures such as protecting exposed parts of the system with foam to insulate it from the freezing cold.
Sprinkler blowout is a specific process employed to remove all the water from your sprinkler system. It is one of a few different methods used to achieve the water-clearing part of sprinkler winterization, and is by far the most popular and effective. Different sprinkler system and component brands and models call for slightly different processes. Almost always, sprinkler blowout is best. The blowout procedure of compelling pressurized air from an air compressor through all lines, one zone at a time, is effective in evacuating all remaining water and moisture from your sprinkler system's pipes and vavles.
Benefits of Professional Ballwin, MO Sprinkler Blowout
While sprinkler blowout sounds simple enough, it is nevertheless wisest to leave it to the Ballwin, MO professionals. It's essential both to enhancing the performance and maintaining the physical condition of your sprinkler system that annual sprinkler blowout procedures are handled correctly. The effects on your entire property will be extreme, either the destructivee damage that results from failing to blowout your irrigation system properly or the healthful flourishing that springs from professional-grade Ballwin, MO sprinkler blowout services. Using air pressure that is too high can damage your pipes and system, just as failing to evacuate all remaining water can be destructive by freezing and expanding during the winter.
The way you go about your Ballwin, MO property's sprinkler blowout affects more than just your property, though. Your personal safety and well-being could also be at risk. The experienced contractors with Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis are experts in all sprinkler repair, maintenance, and installation services, including sprinkler blowout. They are well-acquaintd with all the components of your irrigation system and have undergone in-depth training in the proper procedures and equipment to use when performing sprinkler blowout. With highly pressurized air and hard metal pieces involved, it's imperative that the individual working on your system knows and takes necessary safety precautions and has access to the right equipment. Otherwise, hazards such as flying debris can cause injury to people nearby.
Leave the Ballwin, MO sprinkler blowout of your home sprinkler system up to us. Our skilled technicians is committed to getting the job done quickly, correctly, and safely. We understand how even a small amount of water trapped in any part of the Ballwin, MO sprinkler system has the potential to freeze and, thus, damage your system. That's why we guarantee the total removal of all water from your sprinkler system. Also, consider that our technicians are experts on all things sprinklers. When a sprinkler tech comes to your Ballwin, MO home this season to perform a sprinkler blowout, they have the ability to detect and address any additional problems before they necessitate expensive repair proejcts.
Ballwin, MO Sprinkler Blowout Service
At the simplest level, you can expect your service provider to do the following during your sprinkler blowout:
- Turn off your water source via the main shutoff valve.
- Remove the back-flow preventer and flow sensors. Seal and manually drain the pipes of water.
- Run an air compressor hose to your system, one zone at a time, starting from the farthest zone, to purge the system of all remaining water.
- Turn off the timer or controller.
When looking for the right contractor to take care of the sprinkler blowout for your Ballwin, MO property's irrigation system, you would be wise to select someone who:
- Is a full-time sprinkler company, not another kind of service company that happens to offer sprinkler blowouts. They are not sprinkler experts.
- Handles sprinkler repair and other services. Kill two birds with one stone if you need a sprinkler blowout and additional sprinkler services at the same time. If you aren't aware of any necessary repairs, having someone who knows sprinkler repair do your blowout will catch potential problems and be able to take care of repairs right away as well.
- Has experience with sprinkler blowouts. Your technician should have extensive training and professional experience to make sure that they are as safe and effective as possible.
- Has experience working with your brand of sprinkler system, including backflow preventer and controller components. Different brands are built differently. Specific knowledge of how your brand works is important to proper blowout and operation.
- Is insured. Insurance is imperative in case something goes wrong, but also indicates a responsible and legitimate business. Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis is not only insured, but is also licensed and bonded, a further sign of a trusted company in your community.
- Has good customer reviews. Look beyond a single five-star rating. There should be several examples of positive customer feedback. See some of our reviews on our site.
Schedule Your Ballwin, MO Sprinkler Blowout Today | Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis
In all other areas of your life, you make sure to go with the best; your sprinkler system deserves the same. Get a professional sprinkler blowout to maintain the beauty of your lawn all year long, avoid expensive repairs, and keep your sprinkler system working effectively for years to come.
Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis is the leading authority on all sprinkler services, including sprinkler blowout services, in the Ballwin, MO area. We take pride in our work and have been providing Ballwin, MO sprinkler blowout and other sprinkler services for more than thirty years. With cold weather approaching, it's time to act. Schedule your sprinkler blowout with Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis today. Call us at (314) 450-0342 or send us a message today.