Ellisville, MO Sprinkler blowout. Freezing cold weather is unavoidable if you live in Missouri. As a Ellisville, MO resident, you have a annual routine you go through to prepare your home, your vehicle, and your family for a safe and comfortable season. On your list are things like maintenance for the furnace, gassing up the snowblower, purchasing ice melt, and switching your wardrobe out for winter apparel. But for your home's in-ground sprinkler system, preparing for winter in Ellisville, MO also includes a sprinkler blowout.
What is Sprinkler Blowout?
Sprinkler blowout is a necessary service that readies your irrigation system for winter's low temperatures. Water constantly sits in your sprinkler lines, and when left there for the winter, that water will freeze, expanding in the pipes when temperatures underground fall below freezing. To thoroughly prevent freezing water from cracking, bursting, warping, or weakening your irrigation pipes, the system must be totally rid of every last drop. This is the role of a sprinkler blowout. As the name implies, a sprinkler blowout is the process of passing air through sprinkler pipes which blows any remaining water out of the system.
Sprinkler Winterization versus Spinkler Blowout
Sprinkler winterization refers to the process of switching your sprinkler system into "winter mode." It consists of a sum of different tasks that prepare your system for the winter season. It includes draining sitting water from your sprinkler system and shutting off or disconnecting the water source, and can also include additional winter preparation measures such as insulating parts of your sprinkler system with foam to protect it from the freezing cold.
Sprinkler blowout is a specific process employed to remove all the water from your sprinkler system. It is one of a handful of different methods used in winterizing sprinkler systems, and is by far the most popular and effective. Different sprinkler system and component brands and models call for slightly different processes. Except in unique cases, sprinkler blowout is the best choice. The blowout procedure of compelling pressurized air from an air compressor through all lines, one zone at a time, is effective in evacuating all remaining water and moisture from your sprinkler system's pipes and vavles.
Benefits of Professional Ellisville, MO Sprinkler Blowout
While sprinkler blowout sounds simple enough, it is nevertheless best left to the Ellisville, MO professionals. The performance and long-term physical condition of your sprinkler system depend on the proper execution of the necessary annual task of sprinkler blowout. The impact on your property as a whole will be significant, either the devistating damage that results from failing to blowout your irrigation system properly or the healthful flourishing that springs from professional-grade Ellisville, MO sprinkler blowout services. Using air pressure that is too high can damage your pipes and system, while failing to evacuate all remaining water can cause damage by freezing and expanding during the winter.
The way you go about your Ellisville, MO property's sprinkler blowout affects more than just your property, though. Your personal safety and well-being could also be at risk. The experienced contractors with Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis are experts in all sprinkler repair, maintenance, and installation services, including sprinkler blowout. They are familiar with all the components of your irrigation system and have undergone in-depth training in the appropriate procedures and equipment to use when performing sprinkler blowout. Because of the risks involved in working with small metal pieces in combination with highly pressurized air, it's imperative that the individual working on your system knows and takes necessary safety precautions and has access to the right equipment. Otherwise, hazards such as flying debris can cause injury to people nearby.
Leave the Ellisville, MO sprinkler blowout of your home sprinkler system up to us. The skilled team at Lawn Sprinkler of St. Louis will get the job done quickly, correctly, and safely. We understand that even a small amount of water trapped in any part of the Ellisville, MO sprinkler system has the potential to freeze and, thus, damage your system. That's why we work hard to ensure the total removal of all water from your sprinkler system. Also, know that we are experts on complete sprinkler service needs. When a sprinkler tech comes to your Ellisville, MO home this season to perform a sprinkler blowout, they have the ability to detect and address any additional problems before they necessitate expensive repair proejcts.
Ellisville, MO Sprinkler Blowout Service
At the simplest level, you can expect your service provider to do the following during your sprinkler blowout:
- Turn off your water source via the main shutoff valve.
- Remove the back-flow preventer and flow sensors. Seal and manually drain the pipes of water.
- Run an air compressor hose to your system, one zone at a time, starting from the farthest zone, to purge the system of all remaining water.
- Turn off the timer or controller.
When looking for the contractor that will best meet your sprinkler blowout needs for your Ellisville, MO property's irrigation system, you should find someone who:
- Is a full-time sprinkler company, not a fencing or other type of company that happens to offer sprinkler blowouts. They are not sprinkler experts.
- Handles sprinkler repair and other services. Kill two birds with one stone if you need a sprinkler blowout and additional sprinkler services at the same time. Even if you don't believe your system needs repairs, having someone who knows sprinkler repair do your blowout will catch potential problems and be able to take care of repairs right away as well.
- Has experience with sprinkler blowouts. Your technician should have extensive training and professional experience to make sure that they are as safe and effective as possible.
- Has experience working with your brand of sprinkler system, including backflow preventer and controller components. Each brand may be slightly different. Knowing first-hand exactly how your brand works is important to proper blowout and operation.
- Is insured. Insurance is important in case of mishaps, but also indicates a responsible and legitimate business. Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis is not only insured, but is also licensed and bonded, a further sign of a trusted company in your community.
- Has good customer reviews. Look for not just one five star rating, but several examples of positive customer feedback. See some of our reviews on our site.
Schedule Your Ellisville, MO Sprinkler Blowout Today | Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis
You insist on the best in all other aspects of your life; do the same for your sprinkler system. Get a professional sprinkler blowout to maintain the beauty of your lawn all year long, avoid expensive repairs, and keep your sprinkler system working effectively for years to come.
Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis is the best sprinkler service provider, including sprinkler blowout services, in the Ellisville, MO area. We take pride in our work and have been providing Ellisville, MO sprinkler blowout and other sprinkler services for more than thirty years. With cold weather upon us, there is no time to waste. Schedule your sprinkler blowout with Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis today. Call us at (314) 450-0342 or send us a message today.