Kirkwood, MO Sprinkler blowout. Freezing cold weather in the winter is a fact of life Missouri. Like every other Kirkwood, MO resident, you have a routine every year to make sure you are ready for the winter and you, your family, and your belongings stay safe all season. You get the furnace tuned-up, fuel up the snowblower, drag out the ice melt, and get your mittens out of the closet. When you have an in-ground sprinkler system, preparing for winter in Kirkwood, MO also includes a sprinkler blowout.
What is Sprinkler Blowout?
Sprinkler blowout is a necessary service that readies your irrigation system for the cold winter months. Water constantly sits in your sprinkler lines, and when left there for the winter, that water will freeze, expanding in the pipes when temperatures underground fall below freezing. To thoroughly prevent freezing water from cracking, bursting, warping, or weakening your irrigation pipes, the system must be totally rid of every last drop. This is what a sprinkler blowout is for. As the name implies, a sprinkler blowout is the process of passing air through sprinkler pipes which blows any remaining water out of the system.
Sprinkler Winterization versus Spinkler Blowout
The term sprinkler winterization describes the actions one takes to prepare your sprinkler system for "winter mode." There are multiple things you can do to help your system get safely through the winter season. You will want to drain the water sitting in your pipes and shut off or disconnect your sprinkler from its water supply. Additionally, you may choose to take further measures such as insulating parts of your sprinkler system with foam to protect it from the freezing cold.
Sprinkler blowout refers specifically to the process employed to remove all the water from your sprinkler system. It is one of a few different methods used to achieve the water-clearing part of sprinkler winterization, and is by far the most popular and effective. The exact winterization process for a sprinkler system depends on the brand and model of the sprinkler system. Almost always, sprinkler blowout is best. Forcing pressurized air from an air compressor through all lines, one zone at a time, is effective in evacuating all remaining water and moisture from your sprinkler system's pipes and vavles.
Benefits of Professional Kirkwood, MO Sprinkler Blowout
Sprinkler blowout is not technically complicated in principle, but nevertheless is wisest to leave it to the Kirkwood, MO professionals. It's essential both to enhancing the performance and maintaining the physical condition of your sprinkler system that annual sprinkler blowout procedures are handled correctly. The effects on your property as a whole will be extreme, whether it is the devistating damage that results from failing to blowout your irrigation system properly or the healthful flourishing that springs from professional-grade Kirkwood, MO sprinkler blowout services. Too much air pressure can damage your pipes and system, just as not successfully ridding your system of water can cause damage by freezing and expanding during the winter.
The way you go about your Kirkwood, MO property's sprinkler blowout does not just impact your property, though. Your personal safety and well-being are also on the line. Our professional sprinkler technicians are experts in all sprinkler repair, maintenance, and installation services, including sprinkler blowout. They are well-acquaintd with every part and function of your irrigation system and have been extensively trained in the appropriate procedures and equipment to use when performing sprinkler blowout. Because of the risks involved in working with small metal pieces in combination with highly pressurized air, it's imperative that the individual working on your system knows and takes necessary safety precautions and has access to the right equipment. Otherwise, hazards such as flying debris can cause injury to people nearby.
Count on us for your home's Kirkwood, MO sprinkler blowout. The skilled team at Lawn Sprinkler of St. Louis is committed to getting the job done quickly, correctly, and safely. We realize that even a negligible amount of water trapped in any part of the Kirkwood, MO sprinkler system could possibly freeze and, thus, damage your system. That's why we work hard to ensure the total removal of all water from your sprinkler system. Also, know that we are experts on complete sprinkler service needs. When a sprinkler tech comes to your Kirkwood, MO home this season to perform a sprinkler blowout, they have the ability to detect and address any additional problems before they necessitate expensive repair proejcts.
Kirkwood, MO Sprinkler Blowout Service
Reduced to its most basic steps, the technician performing your sprinkler blowout will:
- Turn off your water source via the main shutoff valve.
- Remove the back-flow preventer and flow sensors. Seal and manually drain the pipes of water.
- Run an air compressor hose to your system, one zone at a time, starting from the farthest zone, to purge the system of all remaining water.
- Turn off the timer or controller.
When looking for the contractor that will best meet your sprinkler blowout needs for your Kirkwood, MO property's irrigation system, you should find someone who:
- Is a full-time sprinkler company, not a fencing or other type of company that happens to offer sprinkler blowouts. These guys are not sprinkler experts.
- Handles sprinkler repair and other services. Save yourself time and trouble by booking a technician that can deliver on a sprinkler blowout and additional sprinkler services at the same time. Even if you don't believe your system needs repairs, having someone who knows sprinkler repair do your blowout will catch potential problems and be able to take care of repairs right away as well.
- Has experience with sprinkler blowouts. Your technician should have extensive training and professional experience to make sure that they are as safe and effective as possible.
- Has experience working with your brand of sprinkler system, including backflow preventer and controller components. Different brands are built differently. Knowing first-hand exactly how your brand works is important to proper blowout and operation.
- Is insured. Insurance is important in case of mishaps, but also indicates a responsible and legitimate business. Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis is not only insured, but is also licensed and bonded, a further sign of a trusted company in your community.
- Has good customer reviews. Look beyond a single five-star rating. There should be several examples of positive customer feedback. See some of our reviews on our site.
Schedule Your Kirkwood, MO Sprinkler Blowout Today | Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis
You insist on the best in all other aspects of your life; do the same for your sprinkler system. With a professional sprinkler blowout, you will get to enjoy the beauty of your lawn all year long, avoid expensive repairs, and keep your sprinkler system working effectively for years to come.
Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis is the leading authority on all sprinkler services, including sprinkler blowout services, in the Kirkwood, MO area. We are proud of the work we do for our neighbors and have been providing Kirkwood, MO sprinkler blowout and other sprinkler services for over thirty years. With fall and winter approaching, there is no time to waste. Schedule your sprinkler blowout with Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis today. Call us at (314) 450-0342 or send us a message today.