Crystal Lake Park, MO Sprinkler blowout. Freezing cold weather is unavoidable if you live in Missouri. As a Crystal Lake Park, MO resident, you have a annual routine you go through to prepare your home, your vehicle, and your family for a safe and comfortable season. On your list are things like maintenance for the furnace, gassing up the snowblower, purchasing ice melt, and switching your wardrobe out for winter apparel. When you have an in-ground sprinkler system, preparing for winter in Crystal Lake Park, MO also includes a sprinkler blowout.
What is Sprinkler Blowout?
Sprinkler blowout is a method used to prepare your irrigation system for the cold winter months. Water constantly sits in your sprinkler lines, and when left there for the winter, that water will freeze, expanding in the pipes when temperatures underground fall below freezing. To thoroughly prevent freezing water from cracking, bursting, warping, or weakening your irrigation pipes, the system must be totally rid of all remaining water. This is the role of a sprinkler blowout. As the name implies, a sprinkler blowout relies on the force of high-pressure air moving through the sprinkler system, which blows any remaining water out of the system.
Sprinkler Winterization versus Spinkler Blowout
The term sprinkler winterization refers to the actions one takes to prepare your sprinkler system for "winter mode." There are multiple things you can do to help your system get safely through the winter season. You will want to drain the water sitting in your pipes and shut off or disconnect your sprinkler from its water supply. Additionally, you may choose to take further measures such as protecting exposed parts of the system with foam to insulate it from the freezing cold.
Sprinkler blowout refers specifically to the process used to remove all the water from your sprinkler system. It is one of a few different methods used to achieve the water-clearing part of sprinkler winterization, and is by far the most popular and effective. The exact winterization process for a sprinkler system depends on the brand and model of the sprinkler system. Except in unique cases, sprinkler blowout is best. Forcing pressurized air from an air compressor through all lines, one zone at a time, effectively rids your entire sprinkler system, from the pipes to the valves, of all remaining water.
Benefits of Professional Crystal Lake Park, MO Sprinkler Blowout
Sprinkler blowout is not technically complicated in principle, but nevertheless is wisest to leave it to the Crystal Lake Park, MO professionals. The performance and long-term physical condition of your sprinkler system depend on the proper execution of the necessary annual task of sprinkler blowout. The impact on your entire property will be significant, whether it is the destructivee damage that results from failing to blowout your irrigation system properly or the healthful flourishing that springs from professional-grade Crystal Lake Park, MO sprinkler blowout services. Using air pressure that is too high can damage your pipes and system, just as failing to evacuate all remaining water can be destructive by freezing and expanding during the winter.
The way you go about your Crystal Lake Park, MO property's sprinkler blowout does not just impact your property, though. Your personal safety and well-being could also be at risk. Our professional sprinkler technicians are experts in all sprinkler repair, maintenance, and installation services, including sprinkler blowout. They are familiar with every part and function of your irrigation system and have undergone in-depth training in the proper procedures and equipment to use when performing sprinkler blowout. Because of the risks involved in working with small metal pieces in combination with highly pressurized air, it's imperative that the individual working on your system knows and takes necessary safety precautions and has access to the right equipment. Otherwise, hazards such as flying debris can cause injury to people nearby.
Leave the Crystal Lake Park, MO sprinkler blowout of your home sprinkler system up to us. Our skilled technicians is committed to getting the job done quickly, correctly, and safely. We realize that even a small amount of water trapped in any part of the Crystal Lake Park, MO sprinkler system could possibly freeze and, thus, damage your system. That's why we work hard to ensure the total removal of all water from your sprinkler system. Also, consider that our technicians are experts on all things sprinklers. When a sprinkler tech comes to your Crystal Lake Park, MO home this season to perform a sprinkler blowout, they have the ability to detect and address any additional problems before they necessitate expensive repair proejcts.
Crystal Lake Park, MO Sprinkler Blowout Service
At the simplest level, you can expect your service provider to do the following during your sprinkler blowout:
- Turn off your water source via the main shutoff valve.
- Remove the back-flow preventer and flow sensors. Seal and manually drain the pipes of water.
- Run an air compressor hose to your system, one zone at a time, starting from the farthest zone, to purge the system of all remaining water.
- Turn off the timer or controller.
When seeking the right contractor to take care of the sprinkler blowout for your Crystal Lake Park, MO property's irrigation system, you should find someone who:
- Is a full-time sprinkler company, not a fencing or other type of company that happens to offer sprinkler blowouts. These guys are not sprinkler experts.
- Handles sprinkler repair and other services. Save yourself time and trouble by booking a technician that can deliver on a sprinkler blowout and additional sprinkler services at the same time. Even if you don't believe your system needs repairs, having someone who knows sprinkler repair do your blowout will catch potential problems and be able to take care of repairs right away as well.
- Has experience with sprinkler blowouts. Someone with a proven track record and experience performing blowouts will be as safe and effective as possible.
- Has experience working with your brand of sprinkler system, including backflow preventer and controller components. Different brands are built differently. Specific knowledge of how your brand works is important to proper blowout and operation.
- Is insured. Insurance is imperative in case something goes wrong, but also indicates a responsible and legitimate business. Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis carries insurance, and is also licensed and bonded, a further sign of a trusted company in your community.
- Has good customer reviews. Look for not just one five star rating, but several examples of positive customer feedback. See some of our reviews on our site.
Schedule Your Crystal Lake Park, MO Sprinkler Blowout Today | Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis
You insist on the best in all other aspects of your life; do the same for your sprinkler system. With a professional sprinkler blowout, you will get to enjoy the beauty of your lawn all year long, avoid expensive repairs, and keep your sprinkler system working effectively for years to come.
Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis is the best sprinkler service provider, including sprinkler blowout services, in the Crystal Lake Park, MO area. We are proud of the work we do for our neighbors and have been providing Crystal Lake Park, MO sprinkler blowout and other sprinkler services for more than thirty years. With fall and winter approaching, there is no time to waste. Schedule your sprinkler blowout with Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis today. Call us at (314) 450-0342 or send us a message today.