O'Fallon, MO Sprinkler blowout. Freezing cold weather is unavoidable if you live in Missouri. Like every other O'Fallon, MO resident, you have a annual routine you go through to prepare your home, your vehicle, and your family for a safe and comfortable season. On your list are things like maintenance for the furnace, gassing up the snowblower, purchasing ice melt, and switching your wardrobe out for winter apparel. When you have an irrigation system, preparing for winter in O'Fallon, MO also includes a sprinkler blowout.
What is Sprinkler Blowout?
Sprinkler blowout is a necessary service that readies your irrigation system for winter's low temperatures. Water constantly sits in your sprinkler lines, and when left there for the winter, that water will freeze, expanding in the pipes when temperatures underground fall below freezing. The only way to be sure that frozen water does not crack, burst, warp, or weaken your sprinkler lines is to clear the system completely of every last drop. This is the role of a sprinkler blowout. As the name implies, a sprinkler blowout is the process of passing air through sprinkler pipes which blows any remaining water out of the system.
Sprinkler Winterization versus Spinkler Blowout
Sprinkler winterization refers to the actions one takes to prepare your sprinkler system for "winter mode." There are multiple things you can do to help your system get safely through the winter season. It includes draining sitting water from your sprinkler system and shutting off or disconnecting the water source, and can also include additional winter preparation measures such as protecting exposed parts of the system with foam to insulate it from the freezing cold.
Sprinkler blowout refers specifically to the process used to remove all the water from your sprinkler system. It is one of a few different methods used in winterizing sprinkler systems, and is by far the most popular and effective. Different sprinkler system and component brands and models call for slightly different processes. Except in unique cases, sprinkler blowout is best. Forcing pressurized air from an air compressor through all lines, one zone at a time, is effective in evacuating all remaining water and moisture from your sprinkler system's pipes and vavles.
Benefits of Professional O'Fallon, MO Sprinkler Blowout
Sprinkler blowout is not technically complicated in principle, but nevertheless is best left to the O'Fallon, MO professionals. The performance and long-term physical condition of your sprinkler system depend on the proper execution of the necessary annual task of sprinkler blowout. The effects on your property as a whole will be significant, either the devistating damage that results from failing to blowout your irrigation system properly or the healthful flourishing that springs from professional-grade O'Fallon, MO sprinkler blowout services. Too much air pressure can damage your pipes and system, while failing to evacuate all remaining water can cause damage by freezing and expanding during the winter.
The execution of your O'Fallon, MO property's sprinkler blowout affects more than just your property, though. Your personal safety and well-being are also on the line. Our professional sprinkler technicians are experts in all sprinkler repair, maintenance, and installation services, including sprinkler blowout. They are familiar with every part and function of your irrigation system and have undergone in-depth training in the proper procedures and equipment to use when performing sprinkler blowout. Because of the risks involved in working with small metal pieces in combination with highly pressurized air, it's imperative that the individual working on your system knows and takes necessary safety precautions and has access to the right equipment. Otherwise, hazards such as flying debris can cause injury to people nearby.
Count on us for your home's O'Fallon, MO sprinkler blowout. The skilled team at Lawn Sprinkler of St. Louis will get the job done quickly, correctly, and safely. We understand how even a negligible amount of water trapped in any part of the O'Fallon, MO sprinkler system could possibly freeze and, thus, damage your system. That's why we guarantee the total removal of all water from your sprinkler system. Also, know that we are experts on complete sprinkler service needs. When a sprinkler tech comes to your O'Fallon, MO home this season to perform a sprinkler blowout, they have the ability to detect and address any additional problems before they become unmanageable.
O'Fallon, MO Sprinkler Blowout Service
Reduced to its most basic steps, the technician performing your sprinkler blowout will:
- Turn off your water source via the main shutoff valve.
- Remove the back-flow preventer and flow sensors. Seal and manually drain the pipes of water.
- Run an air compressor hose to your system, one zone at a time, starting from the farthest zone, to purge the system of all remaining water.
- Turn off the timer or controller.
When looking for the right contractor to take care of the sprinkler blowout for your O'Fallon, MO property's irrigation system, you should find someone who:
- Is a full-time sprinkler company, not a fencing or other type of company that happens to offer sprinkler blowouts. They are not sprinkler experts.
- Handles sprinkler repair and other services. Save yourself time and trouble by booking a technician that can deliver on a sprinkler blowout and additional sprinkler services at the same time. If you aren't aware of any necessary repairs, having someone who knows sprinkler repair do your blowout will catch potential problems and be able to take care of repairs right away as well.
- Has experience with sprinkler blowouts. Your technician should have extensive training and professional experience to make sure that they are as safe and effective as possible.
- Has experience working with your brand of sprinkler system, including backflow preventer and controller components. Different brands are built differently. Knowing first-hand exactly how your brand works is important to proper blowout and operation.
- Is insured. Insurance is important in case of mishaps, but also indicates a responsible and legitimate business. Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis is not only insured, but is also licensed and bonded, a further sign of a trusted company in your community.
- Has good customer reviews. Look beyond a single five-star rating. There should be several examples of positive customer feedback. See some of our reviews on our site.
Schedule Your O'Fallon, MO Sprinkler Blowout Today | Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis
In all other areas of your life, you make sure to go with the best; your sprinkler system deserves the same. Get a professional sprinkler blowout to maintain the beauty of your lawn all year long, avoid expensive repairs, and keep your sprinkler system working effectively for years to come.
Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis is the leading authority on all sprinkler services, including sprinkler blowout services, in the O'Fallon, MO area. We are proud of the work we do for our neighbors and have been providing O'Fallon, MO sprinkler blowout and other sprinkler services for more than thirty years. With cold weather approaching, there is no time to waste. Schedule your sprinkler blowout with Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis today. Call us at (314) 450-0342 or send us a message today.