Creve Couer, MO Sprinkler blowout. Freezing cold weather is unavoidable if you live in Missouri. Like every other Creve Couer, MO resident, you are accustomed to the annual routine you go through to make sure you are ready for the winter and you, your family, and your belongings stay safe all season. On your list are things like maintenance for the furnace, gassing up the snowblower, purchasing ice melt, and switching your wardrobe out for winter apparel. But for your home's irrigation system, preparing for winter in Creve Couer, MO also includes a sprinkler blowout.
What is Sprinkler Blowout?
Sprinkler blowout is a method used to prepare your irrigation system for winter's low temperatures. Water constantly sits in your sprinkler lines, and when left there for the winter, that water will freeze, expanding in the pipes when temperatures underground fall below freezing. The only way to be sure that frozen water does not crack, burst, warp, or weaken your sprinkler lines is to clear the system completely of all remaining water. This is the role of a sprinkler blowout. As the name implies, a sprinkler blowout relies on the force of high-pressure air moving through the sprinkler system, which blows any remaining water out of the system.
Sprinkler Winterization versus Sprinkler Blowout
Sprinkler winterization refers to the process of switching your sprinkler system into "winter mode." It consists of a sum of different tasks that prepare your system for the winter season. You will want to drain the water sitting in your pipes and shut off or disconnect your sprinkler from its water supply. Additionally, you may choose to take further measures such as protecting exposed parts of the system with foam to insulate it from the freezing cold.
Sprinkler blowout refers specifically to the process employed to remove all the water from your sprinkler system. It is one of a handful of different methods used to achieve the water-clearing part of sprinkler winterization, and is by far the most popular and effective. The exact winterization process for a sprinkler system depends on the brand and model of the sprinkler system. Almost always, sprinkler blowout is the best choice. The blowout procedure of compelling pressurized air from an air compressor through all lines, one zone at a time, effectively rids your entire sprinkler system, from the pipes to the valves, of all remaining water.
Benefits of Professional Creve Couer, MO Sprinkler Blowout
Sprinkler blowout is not technically complicated in principle, but nevertheless is best left to the Creve Couer, MO professionals. The performance and long-term physical condition of your sprinkler system depend on the proper execution of the necessary annual task of sprinkler blowout. The effects on your property as a whole will be extreme, either the destructivee damage that results from failing to blowout your irrigation system properly or the welcomed advantages that come from professional-grade Creve Couer, MO sprinkler blowout services. Too much air pressure can damage your pipes and system, while not successfully ridding your system of water can cause damage by freezing and expanding during the winter.
The way you go about your Creve Couer, MO property's sprinkler blowout affects more than just your property, though. Your personal safety and well-being are also on the line. The experienced contractors with Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis are practiced in all sprinkler repair, maintenance, and installation services, including sprinkler blowout. They are well-acquaintd with all the components of your irrigation system and have undergone in-depth training in the appropriate procedures and equipment to use when performing sprinkler blowout. Because of the risks involved in working with small metal pieces in combination with highly pressurized air, you are relying on your technician to follow all safety guidelines and precautions and to have access to the right equipment. Otherwise, hazards such as flying debris can cause injury to people nearby.
Leave the Creve Couer, MO sprinkler blowout of your home sprinkler system up to us. The skilled team at Lawn Sprinkler of St. Louis will get the job done quickly, correctly, and safely. We realize that even a negligible amount of water trapped in any part of the Creve Couer, MO sprinkler system has the potential to freeze and, thus, damage your system. That's why we work hard to ensure the total removal of all water from your sprinkler system. Also, consider that our technicians are experts on all things sprinklers. When a sprinkler tech comes to your Creve Couer, MO home this season to perform a sprinkler blowout, they have the ability to detect and address any additional problems before they necessitate expensive repair proejcts.
Creve Couer, MO Sprinkler Blowout Service
Reduced to its most basic steps, the technician performing your sprinkler blowout will:
- Turn off your water source via the main shutoff valve.
- Remove the back-flow preventer and flow sensors. Seal and manually drain the pipes of water.
- Run an air compressor hose to your system, one zone at a time, starting from the farthest zone, to purge the system of all remaining water.
- Turn off the timer or controller.
When seeking the contractor that will best meet your sprinkler blowout needs for your Creve Couer, MO property's irrigation system, you would be wise to select someone who:
- Is a full-time sprinkler company, not a fencing or other type of company that happens to offer sprinkler blowouts. They are not sprinkler experts.
- Handles sprinkler repair and other services. Kill two birds with one stone if you need a sprinkler blowout and additional sprinkler services at the same time. Even if you don't believe your system needs repairs, having someone who knows sprinkler repair do your blowout will catch potential problems and be able to take care of repairs right away as well.
- Has experience with sprinkler blowouts. Your technician should have extensive training and professional experience to make sure that they are as safe and effective as possible.
- Has experience working with your brand of sprinkler system, including backflow preventer and controller components. Different brands are built differently. Knowing first-hand exactly how your brand works is important to proper blowout and operation.
- Is insured. Insurance is important in case of mishaps, but also indicates a responsible and legitimate business. Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis carries insurance, and is also licensed and bonded, a further sign of a trusted company in your community.
- Has good customer reviews. Look beyond a single five-star rating. There should be several examples of positive customer feedback. See some of our reviews on our site.
Schedule Your Creve Couer, MO Sprinkler Blowout Today | Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis
You insist on the best in all other aspects of your life; your sprinkler system deserves the same. With a professional sprinkler blowout, you will get to enjoy the beauty of your lawn all year long, avoid expensive repairs, and keep your sprinkler system working effectively for years to come.
Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis is the best sprinkler service provider, including sprinkler blowout services, in the Creve Couer, MO area. We take pride in our work and have been providing Creve Couer, MO sprinkler blowout and other sprinkler services for more than thirty years. With cold weather upon us, there is no time to waste. Schedule your sprinkler blowout with Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis today. Call us at (314) 450-0342 or send us a message today.