Manchester, MO Sprinkler blowout. Freezing cold weather is unavoidable if you live in Missouri. Like every other Manchester, MO resident, you are accustomed to the routine every year to make sure you are ready for the winter and you, your family, and your belongings stay safe all season. On your list are things like maintenance for the furnace, gassing up the snowblower, purchasing ice melt, and switching your wardrobe out for winter apparel. But for your home's in-ground sprinkler system, preparing for winter in Manchester, MO also includes a sprinkler blowout.
What is Sprinkler Blowout?
Sprinkler blowout is a necessary service that readies your irrigation system for the cold winter months. Water constantly sits in your sprinkler lines, and when left there for the winter, that water will freeze, expanding in the pipes when temperatures underground fall below freezing. To thoroughly prevent freezing water from cracking, bursting, warping, or weakening your irrigation pipes, the system must be totally rid of every last drop. This is the role of a sprinkler blowout. As the name implies, a sprinkler blowout relies on the force of high-pressure air moving through the sprinkler system, which blows any remaining water out of the system.
Sprinkler Winterization versus Sprinkler Blowout
Sprinkler winterization refers to the process of switching your sprinkler system into "winter mode." It consists of a sum of different tasks that prepare your system for the winter season. It includes draining sitting water from your sprinkler system and shutting off or disconnecting the water source, and can also include additional winter preparation measures such as insulating parts of your sprinkler system with foam to protect it from the freezing cold.
Sprinkler blowout refers specifically to the process employed to remove all the water from your sprinkler system. It is one of a few different methods used in winterizing sprinkler systems, and is by far the most popular and effective. Different sprinkler system and component brands and models call for slightly different processes. Except in unique cases, sprinkler blowout is best. Forcing pressurized air from an air compressor through all lines, one zone at a time, effectively rids your entire sprinkler system, from the pipes to the valves, of all remaining water.
Benefits of Professional Manchester, MO Sprinkler Blowout
Sprinkler blowout is not technically complicated in principle, but nevertheless is wisest to leave it to the Manchester, MO professionals. The performance and long-term physical condition of your sprinkler system depend on the proper execution of the necessary annual task of sprinkler blowout. The impact on your entire property will be significant, whether it is the destructivee damage that results from failing to blowout your irrigation system properly or the healthful flourishing that springs from professional-grade Manchester, MO sprinkler blowout services. Too much air pressure can damage your pipes and system, while not successfully ridding your system of water can cause damage by freezing and expanding during the winter.
The execution of your Manchester, MO property's sprinkler blowout affects more than just your property, though. Your personal safety and well-being could also be at risk. The experienced contractors with Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis are experts in all sprinkler repair, maintenance, and installation services, including sprinkler blowout. They are familiar with every part and function of your irrigation system and have been extensively trained in the appropriate procedures and equipment to use when performing sprinkler blowout. Because of the risks involved in working with small metal pieces in combination with highly pressurized air, you are relying on your technician to follow all safety guidelines and precautions and to have access to the right equipment. Otherwise, hazards such as flying debris can cause injury to people nearby.
Count on us for your home's Manchester, MO sprinkler blowout. Our skilled technicians will get the job done quickly, correctly, and safely. We understand that even a negligible amount of water trapped in any part of the Manchester, MO sprinkler system has the potential to freeze and, thus, damage your system. That's why we work hard to ensure the total removal of all water from your sprinkler system. Also, know that we are experts on complete sprinkler service needs. When a sprinkler tech comes to your Manchester, MO home this season to perform a sprinkler blowout, they will also be able to detect and address any additional problems before they become unmanageable.
Manchester, MO Sprinkler Blowout Service
At the simplest level, you can expect your service provider to do the following during your sprinkler blowout:
- Turn off your water source via the main shutoff valve.
- Remove the back-flow preventer and flow sensors. Seal and manually drain the pipes of water.
- Run an air compressor hose to your system, one zone at a time, starting from the farthest zone, to purge the system of all remaining water.
- Turn off the timer or controller.
When looking for the right contractor to take care of the sprinkler blowout for your Manchester, MO property's irrigation system, you should find someone who:
- Is a full-time sprinkler company, not a fencing or other type of company that happens to offer sprinkler blowouts. They are not sprinkler experts.
- Handles sprinkler repair and other services. Save yourself time and trouble by booking a technician that can deliver on a sprinkler blowout and additional sprinkler services at the same time. Even if you don't believe your system needs repairs, having someone who knows sprinkler repair do your blowout will catch potential problems and be able to take care of repairs right away as well.
- Has experience with sprinkler blowouts. Someone with a proven track record and experience performing blowouts will be as safe and effective as possible.
- Has experience working with your brand of sprinkler system, including backflow preventer and controller components. Different brands are built differently. Knowing first-hand exactly how your brand works is important to proper blowout and operation.
- Is insured. Insurance is important in case of mishaps, but also indicates a responsible and legitimate business. Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis is not only insured, but is also licensed and bonded, a further sign of a trusted company in your community.
- Has good customer reviews. Look beyond a single five-star rating. There should be several examples of positive customer feedback. See some of our reviews on our site.
Schedule Your Manchester, MO Sprinkler Blowout Today | Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis
In all other areas of your life, you make sure to go with the best; your sprinkler system deserves the same. With a professional sprinkler blowout, you will get to enjoy the beauty of your lawn all year long, avoid expensive repairs, and keep your sprinkler system working effectively for years to come.
Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis is the best sprinkler service provider, including sprinkler blowout services, in the Manchester, MO area. We take pride in our work and have been providing Manchester, MO sprinkler blowout and other sprinkler services for over thirty years. With fall and winter approaching, it's time to act. Schedule your sprinkler blowout with Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis today. Call us at (314) 450-0342 or send us a message today.