Maplewood, MO Sprinkler blowout. Freezing cold weather is unavoidable if you live in Missouri. Like every other Maplewood, MO resident, you have a annual routine you go through to make sure you are ready for the winter and you, your family, and your belongings stay safe all season. On your list are things like maintenance for the furnace, gassing up the snowblower, purchasing ice melt, and switching your wardrobe out for winter apparel. When you have an irrigation system, preparing for winter in Maplewood, MO also includes a sprinkler blowout.
What is Sprinkler Blowout?
Sprinkler blowout is a necessary service that readies your irrigation system for the cold winter months. Water constantly sits in your sprinkler lines, and when left there for the winter, that water will freeze, expanding in the pipes when temperatures underground fall below freezing. To thoroughly prevent freezing water from cracking, bursting, warping, or weakening your irrigation pipes, the system must be totally rid of all remaining water. This is what a sprinkler blowout is for. As the name implies, a sprinkler blowout is the process of passing air through sprinkler pipes which blows any remaining water out of the system.
Sprinkler Winterization versus Sprinkler Blowout
Sprinkler winterization describes the actions one takes to prepare your sprinkler system for "winter mode." It consists of a sum of different tasks that prepare your system for the winter season. It includes draining sitting water from your sprinkler system and shutting off or disconnecting the water source, and can also include additional winter preparation measures such as insulating parts of your sprinkler system with foam to protect it from the freezing cold.
Sprinkler blowout is a specific process used to remove all the water from your sprinkler system. It is one of a few different methods used in winterizing sprinkler systems, and is by far the most popular and effective. Different sprinkler system and component brands and models call for slightly different processes. Except in unique cases, sprinkler blowout is best. The blowout procedure of compelling pressurized air from an air compressor through all lines, one zone at a time, is effective in evacuating all remaining water and moisture from your sprinkler system's pipes and vavles.
Benefits of Professional Maplewood, MO Sprinkler Blowout
While sprinkler blowout sounds simple enough, it is nevertheless wisest to leave it to the Maplewood, MO professionals. It's essential both to enhancing the performance and maintaining the physical condition of your sprinkler system that annual sprinkler blowout procedures are handled correctly. The impact on your entire property will be significant, either the devistating damage that results from failing to blowout your irrigation system properly or the welcomed advantages that come from professional-grade Maplewood, MO sprinkler blowout services. Using air pressure that is too high can damage your pipes and system, while failing to evacuate all remaining water can be destructive by freezing and expanding during the winter.
The execution of your Maplewood, MO property's sprinkler blowout does not just impact your property, though. Your personal safety and well-being are also on the line. Our professional sprinkler technicians are practiced in all sprinkler repair, maintenance, and installation services, including sprinkler blowout. They are well-acquaintd with every part and function of your irrigation system and have been extensively trained in the appropriate procedures and equipment to use when performing sprinkler blowout. Because of the risks involved in working with small metal pieces in combination with highly pressurized air, you are relying on your technician to follow all safety guidelines and precautions and to have access to the right equipment. Otherwise, hazards such as flying debris can cause injury to people nearby.
Leave the Maplewood, MO sprinkler blowout of your home sprinkler system up to us. The skilled team at Lawn Sprinkler of St. Louis will get the job done quickly, correctly, and safely. We realize that even a negligible amount of water trapped in any part of the Maplewood, MO sprinkler system could possibly freeze and, thus, damage your system. That's why we work hard to ensure the total removal of all water from your sprinkler system. Also, consider that our technicians are experts on all things sprinklers. When a sprinkler tech comes to your Maplewood, MO home this season to perform a sprinkler blowout, they have the ability to detect and address any additional problems before they necessitate expensive repair proejcts.
Maplewood, MO Sprinkler Blowout Service
Reduced to its most basic steps, the technician performing your sprinkler blowout will:
- Turn off your water source via the main shutoff valve.
- Remove the back-flow preventer and flow sensors. Seal and manually drain the pipes of water.
- Run an air compressor hose to your system, one zone at a time, starting from the farthest zone, to purge the system of all remaining water.
- Turn off the timer or controller.
When seeking the contractor that will best meet your sprinkler blowout needs for your Maplewood, MO property's irrigation system, you should find someone who:
- Is a full-time sprinkler company, not a fencing or other type of company that happens to offer sprinkler blowouts. These guys are not sprinkler experts.
- Handles sprinkler repair and other services. Kill two birds with one stone if you need a sprinkler blowout and additional sprinkler services at the same time. If you aren't aware of any necessary repairs, having someone who knows sprinkler repair do your blowout will catch potential problems and be able to take care of repairs right away as well.
- Has experience with sprinkler blowouts. Someone with a proven track record and experience performing blowouts will be as safe and effective as possible.
- Has experience working with your brand of sprinkler system, including backflow preventer and controller components. Different brands are built differently. Specific knowledge of how your brand works is important to proper blowout and operation.
- Is insured. Insurance is important in case of mishaps, but also indicates a responsible and legitimate business. Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis is not only insured, but is also licensed and bonded, a further sign of a trusted company in your community.
- Has good customer reviews. Look beyond a single five-star rating. There should be several examples of positive customer feedback. See some of our reviews on our site.
Schedule Your Maplewood, MO Sprinkler Blowout Today | Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis
In all other areas of your life, you make sure to go with the best; do the same for your sprinkler system. Get a professional sprinkler blowout to maintain the beauty of your lawn all year long, avoid expensive repairs, and keep your sprinkler system working effectively for years to come.
Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis is the leading authority on all sprinkler services, including sprinkler blowout services, in the Maplewood, MO area. We take pride in our work and have been providing Maplewood, MO sprinkler blowout and other sprinkler services for over thirty years. With cold weather upon us, there is no time to waste. Schedule your sprinkler blowout with Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis today. Call us at (314) 450-0342 or send us a message today.