St. Peters, MO Sprinkler blowout. Freezing cold weather in the winter is a fact of life Missouri. As a St. Peters, MO resident, you are accustomed to the annual routine you go through to prepare your home, your vehicle, and your family for a safe and comfortable season. You get the furnace tuned-up, fuel up the snowblower, drag out the ice melt, and get your mittens out of the closet. But for your home's irrigation system, preparing for winter in St. Peters, MO also includes a sprinkler blowout.
What is Sprinkler Blowout?
Sprinkler blowout is a necessary service that readies your irrigation system for winter's low temperatures. The water that normally sits within and throughout your lines can freeze and expand throughout the winter when temperatures underground fall below freezing. To thoroughly prevent freezing water from cracking, bursting, warping, or weakening your irrigation pipes, the system must be totally rid of all remaining water. This is the role of a sprinkler blowout. As the name implies, a sprinkler blowout relies on the force of high-pressure air moving through the sprinkler system, which blows any remaining water out of the system.
Sprinkler Winterization versus Sprinkler Blowout
The term sprinkler winterization describes the process of switching your sprinkler system into "winter mode." There are multiple things you can do to help your system get safely through the winter season. It includes draining sitting water from your sprinkler system and shutting off or disconnecting the water source, and can also include additional winter preparation measures such as insulating parts of your sprinkler system with foam to protect it from the freezing cold.
Sprinkler blowout is a specific process employed to remove all the water from your sprinkler system. It is one of a few different methods used to achieve the water-clearing part of sprinkler winterization, and is by far the most popular and effective. Different sprinkler system and component brands and models call for slightly different processes. Except in unique cases, sprinkler blowout is best. Forcing pressurized air from an air compressor through all lines, one zone at a time, effectively rids your entire sprinkler system, from the pipes to the valves, of all remaining water.
Benefits of Professional St. Peters, MO Sprinkler Blowout
While sprinkler blowout sounds simple enough, it is nevertheless best left to the St. Peters, MO professionals. The performance and long-term physical condition of your sprinkler system depend on the proper execution of the necessary annual task of sprinkler blowout. The impact on your entire property will be significant, either the destructivee damage that occurs from failing to blowout your irrigation system properly or the welcomed advantages that come from professional-grade St. Peters, MO sprinkler blowout services. Too much air pressure can damage your pipes and system, just as failing to evacuate all remaining water can be destructive by freezing and expanding during the winter.
The execution of your St. Peters, MO property's sprinkler blowout does not just impact your property, though. Your personal safety and well-being are also on the line. Our professional sprinkler technicians are experts in all sprinkler repair, maintenance, and installation services, including sprinkler blowout. They are familiar with all the components of your irrigation system and have been extensively trained in the proper procedures and equipment to use when performing sprinkler blowout. Because of the risks involved in working with small metal pieces in combination with highly pressurized air, it's imperative that the individual working on your system knows and takes necessary safety precautions and has access to the right equipment. Otherwise, hazards such as flying debris can cause injury to people nearby.
Count on us for your home's St. Peters, MO sprinkler blowout. The skilled team at Lawn Sprinkler of St. Louis is committed to getting the job done quickly, correctly, and safely. We realize that even a small amount of water trapped in any part of the St. Peters, MO sprinkler system could possibly freeze and, thus, damage your system. That's why we work hard to ensure the total removal of all water from your sprinkler system. Also, know that we are experts on complete sprinkler service needs. When a sprinkler tech comes to your St. Peters, MO home this season to perform a sprinkler blowout, they have the ability to detect and address any additional problems before they become unmanageable.
St. Peters, MO Sprinkler Blowout Service
At the simplest level, you can expect your service provider to do the following during your sprinkler blowout:
- Turn off your water source via the main shutoff valve.
- Remove the back-flow preventer and flow sensors. Seal and manually drain the pipes of water.
- Run an air compressor hose to your system, one zone at a time, starting from the farthest zone, to purge the system of all remaining water.
- Turn off the timer or controller.
When looking for the contractor that will best meet your sprinkler blowout needs for your St. Peters, MO property's irrigation system, you would be wise to select someone who:
- Is a full-time sprinkler company, not a fencing or other type of company that happens to offer sprinkler blowouts. These guys are not sprinkler experts.
- Handles sprinkler repair and other services. Save yourself time and trouble by booking a technician that can deliver on a sprinkler blowout and additional sprinkler services at the same time. Even if you don't believe your system needs repairs, having someone who knows sprinkler repair do your blowout will catch potential problems and be able to take care of repairs right away as well.
- Has experience with sprinkler blowouts. Someone with a proven track record and experience performing blowouts will be as safe and effective as possible.
- Has experience working with your brand of sprinkler system, including backflow preventer and controller components. Different brands are built differently. Specific knowledge of how your brand works is important to proper blowout and operation.
- Is insured. Insurance is important in case of mishaps, but also indicates a responsible and legitimate business. Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis carries insurance, and is also licensed and bonded, a further sign of a trusted company in your community.
- Has good customer reviews. Look for not just one five star rating, but several examples of positive customer feedback. See some of our reviews on our site.
Schedule Your St. Peters, MO Sprinkler Blowout Today | Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis
You insist on the best in all other aspects of your life; your sprinkler system deserves the same. Get a professional sprinkler blowout to maintain the beauty of your lawn all year long, avoid expensive repairs, and keep your sprinkler system working effectively for years to come.
Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis is the best sprinkler service provider, including sprinkler blowout services, in the St. Peters, MO area. We are proud of the work we do for our neighbors and have been providing St. Peters, MO sprinkler blowout and other sprinkler services for over thirty years. With fall and winter approaching, it's time to act. Schedule your sprinkler blowout with Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis today. Call us at (314) 450-0342 or send us a message today.