Winchester, MO Sprinkler blowout. Freezing cold weather in the winter is a fact of life Missouri. Like every other Winchester, MO resident, you have a routine every year to make sure you are ready for the winter and you, your family, and your belongings stay safe all season. You get the furnace tuned-up, fuel up the snowblower, drag out the ice melt, and get your mittens out of the closet. When you have an irrigation system, preparing for winter in Winchester, MO also includes a sprinkler blowout.
What is Sprinkler Blowout?
Sprinkler blowout is a necessary service that readies your irrigation system for winter's low temperatures. The water that normally sits within and throughout your lines can freeze and expand throughout the winter when temperatures underground fall below freezing. The only way to be sure that frozen water does not crack, burst, warp, or weaken your sprinkler lines is to clear the system completely of all remaining water. This is the role of a sprinkler blowout. As the name implies, a sprinkler blowout is the process of passing air through sprinkler pipes which blows any remaining water out of the system.
Sprinkler Winterization versus Sprinkler Blowout
Sprinkler winterization refers to the actions one takes to prepare your sprinkler system for "winter mode." There are multiple things you can do to help your system get safely through the winter season. It includes draining sitting water from your sprinkler system and shutting off or disconnecting the water source, and can also include additional winter preparation measures such as insulating parts of your sprinkler system with foam to protect it from the freezing cold.
Sprinkler blowout refers specifically to the process used to remove all the water from your sprinkler system. It is one of a few different methods used to achieve the water-clearing part of sprinkler winterization, and is by far the most popular and effective. The exact winterization process for a sprinkler system depends on the brand and model of the sprinkler system. Almost always, sprinkler blowout is best. The blowout procedure of compelling pressurized air from an air compressor through all lines, one zone at a time, effectively rids your entire sprinkler system, from the pipes to the valves, of all remaining water.
Benefits of Professional Winchester, MO Sprinkler Blowout
Sprinkler blowout is not technically complicated in principle, but nevertheless is wisest to leave it to the Winchester, MO professionals. It's essential both to enhancing the performance and maintaining the physical condition of your sprinkler system that annual sprinkler blowout procedures are handled correctly. The effects on your property as a whole will be extreme, whether it is the destructivee damage that results from failing to blowout your irrigation system properly or the welcomed advantages that come from professional-grade Winchester, MO sprinkler blowout services. Using air pressure that is too high can damage your pipes and system, just as not successfully ridding your system of water can cause damage by freezing and expanding during the winter.
The execution of your Winchester, MO property's sprinkler blowout does not just impact your property, though. Your personal safety and well-being are also on the line. The experienced contractors with Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis are experts in all sprinkler repair, maintenance, and installation services, including sprinkler blowout. They are well-acquaintd with all the components of your irrigation system and have undergone in-depth training in the proper procedures and equipment to use when performing sprinkler blowout. Because of the risks involved in working with small metal pieces in combination with highly pressurized air, it's imperative that the individual working on your system knows and takes necessary safety precautions and has access to the right equipment. Otherwise, hazards such as flying debris can cause injury to people nearby.
Leave the Winchester, MO sprinkler blowout of your home sprinkler system up to us. The skilled team at Lawn Sprinkler of St. Louis is committed to getting the job done quickly, correctly, and safely. We understand how even a negligible amount of water trapped in any part of the Winchester, MO sprinkler system has the potential to freeze and, thus, damage your system. That's why we guarantee the total removal of all water from your sprinkler system. Also, know that we are experts on complete sprinkler service needs. When a sprinkler tech comes to your Winchester, MO home this season to perform a sprinkler blowout, they have the ability to detect and address any additional problems before they necessitate expensive repair proejcts.
Winchester, MO Sprinkler Blowout Service
Reduced to its most basic steps, the technician performing your sprinkler blowout will:
- Turn off your water source via the main shutoff valve.
- Remove the back-flow preventer and flow sensors. Seal and manually drain the pipes of water.
- Run an air compressor hose to your system, one zone at a time, starting from the farthest zone, to purge the system of all remaining water.
- Turn off the timer or controller.
When looking for the contractor that will best meet your sprinkler blowout needs for your Winchester, MO property's irrigation system, you should find someone who:
- Is a full-time sprinkler company, not another kind of service company that happens to offer sprinkler blowouts. They are not sprinkler experts.
- Handles sprinkler repair and other services. Kill two birds with one stone if you need a sprinkler blowout and additional sprinkler services at the same time. Even if you don't believe your system needs repairs, having someone who knows sprinkler repair do your blowout will catch potential problems and be able to take care of repairs right away as well.
- Has experience with sprinkler blowouts. Your technician should have extensive training and professional experience to make sure that they are as safe and effective as possible.
- Has experience working with your brand of sprinkler system, including backflow preventer and controller components. Each brand may be slightly different. Knowing first-hand exactly how your brand works is important to proper blowout and operation.
- Is insured. Insurance is important in case of mishaps, but also indicates a responsible and legitimate business. Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis is not only insured, but is also licensed and bonded, a further sign of a trusted company in your community.
- Has good customer reviews. Look beyond a single five-star rating. There should be several examples of positive customer feedback. See some of our reviews on our site.
Schedule Your Winchester, MO Sprinkler Blowout Today | Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis
In all other areas of your life, you make sure to go with the best; do the same for your sprinkler system. With a professional sprinkler blowout, you will get to enjoy the beauty of your lawn all year long, avoid expensive repairs, and keep your sprinkler system working effectively for years to come.
Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis is the best sprinkler service provider, including sprinkler blowout services, in the Winchester, MO area. We are proud of the work we do for our neighbors and have been providing Winchester, MO sprinkler blowout and other sprinkler services for more than thirty years. With cold weather approaching, there is no time to waste. Schedule your sprinkler blowout with Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis today. Call us at (314) 450-0342 or send us a message today.