Winterize Sprinkler System Brentwood, MO
Winterize Sprinkler System Brentwood, MO. With unpredictable and rather harsh winters, the Brentwood, MO area is not the place to leave sprinkler systems bare and exposed – susceptible to damage and cracks – in cold temperatures. Most sprinkler system pipes are made from rigid polyvinyl chloride (PVC) or flexible polyethylene. Under pressure, both of these types of material crack, tear, or even burst. If water freezes inside the pipes, it expands and pushes against the pipes’ interior exerting far too much pressure, causing the pipes to burst. The sprinkler heads and valves also are not developed to hold off the pressure from frozen water and could suffer the same fate as the pipes.
You certainly do not want this to happen in Brentwood, MO, as the harm is widespread and costly, which is precisely the reason you should turn to Lawn Sprinklers St. Louis to winterize your sprinkler system. Give us a call right away at (314) 450-0342 or reach out to us online to make an appointment.
Why Choose Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis To Winterize My Brentwood, MO Sprinkler System?
We are a family-owned and operated, local company with decades of experience in the Brentwood, MO irrigation industry. Our primary goal is to provide the best service possible to our customers and make sure that all our work is finished in a timely manner and safely. We have been providing the St. Louis and Brentwood, MO neighborhoods with premier lawn care services for over 30 years.
We are your complete lawn care company. In addition to being the go-to choice for winterizing your sprinkler system in Brentwood, MO, Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis supplies the following services:
- Licensed Backflow Tester Near Me
- Local Lawn Care
- Irrigation Companies
- Lawn Fertilizer Service Near Me
- Lawn Aeration Near Me
- Sprinkler System Installation
- Outdoor Landscape Lighting
- Spring Lawn Care
- Sprinkler System Startup
How Does Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis Winterize My Sprinkler System in Brentwood, MO?
You check to make sure your car’s radiator is full of antifreeze, you have your Brentwood, MO home’s furnace tuned-up, and you store your lawn equipment indoors for the winter season – so why not have your sprinkler system professionally winterized? Winterizing is the best way to protect the investment in your irrigation system and it ensures that the system is raring to go, set to maintain your plush, green lawn, as soon as spring starts in Brentwood, MO. Be sure to have a specialist at Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis winterize your system. We follow a step-by-step process which includes:
- Closing the water supply – One of our talented technicians will extinguish the water supply and attach an air compressor to the system’s main water line. The air compressor is a necessity for the favored method to remove water from a sprinkler system in the Brentwood, MO area, which is often called the blowout method.
- Draining the system – Our Brentwood, MO sprinkler system specialists will use the compressed air to push the water out of your irrigation system. The blowout method calls for a high level of air pressure – 40 to 80 pounds per square inch (psi) is ideal, with 80 psi being the maximum for rigid PVC pipe and 50 psi for polyethylene pipe. This is yet another reason why it is vital that a professional from Lawn Sprinklers in St. Louis performs this job.
- Deactivating the controller – After draining the unit, our specialists will turn off the controller. Every controller is different, and whether or not it needs to be unplugged and stored or simply “switched off” is dependant upon the brand. Our staff has in-depth knowledge of and hands-on experience with numerous brands of controllers, like:
- Rain Bird ESP-Me Controller
- Rain Bird Esp-Smte Controller
- Hunter HC Hydrawise Wifi Modular Controller
- Hunter Pro-Hc Wifi Hydrawise Wifi Controller
- Toro Evolution Controller
- RainMachine Touch Wifi Controller
- Insulating the system – Our staff’s final step is to shield all the system’s components above ground with foam covers, insulation tape, or perhaps insulation blankets to restrict them from cracking and freezing in Brentwood, MO. This includes:
- The shutoff valve at the main water supply
- Backflow preventers – ensuring we keep air vents open
- Exposed parts of the pipes
What Happens If I Don’t Have Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis Winterize My Brentwood, MO Sprinkler System?
If you make the decision to skip the winterization procedure for your Brentwood, MO yard, plummeting temperatures can create damage to your sprinkler system ranging from small inconveniences to a full-blow disaster. Your sure bet is to just have Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis winterize your sprinkler system. Give us a call now at (314) 450-0342 or contact us online. Here’s what could happen if you elect to skip winterizing or attempt doing it yourself in Brentwood, MO:
- Cracked/Leaking Fitting and Pipes
- When the system is on, water bubbles up from the ground between sprinkler heads
- Flooded areas between sprinklers
- Very soft or wet areas
- Ground depressions
- Sprinkler heads barely spraying or haphazardly shooting water and not popping all the way up
- Sprinkler line spraying dirty water
- Mushrooms growing in a specific patch
- Water meter running when the system is off and no water is being used in the home
- Broken Sprinkler Heads
- Busted Backflow Devices and Valves
If a sprinkler system is not properly winterized in Brentwood, MO, water will remain in the pipes all winter. When that water freezes, everything in your irrigation system is at risk of leaking, cracking, and/or bursting.
Indications you have a cracked or leaking pipe in your Brentwood, MO sprinkler system include:
When water freezes in sprinkler heads, they easily break under the pressure. A broken sprinkler head in the springtime is no way to start the season.
Similarly to sprinkler heads and pipes, your valves, anti-siphon devices and even backflows can be majorly damaged by ice and might be irreparable and need to be replaced. Even if a part isn’t broken or cracked right away, it might show damage down the line in Brentwood, MO, causing splits or leaks.
How Do You Prevent These Damages to Your Sprinkler System in Brentwood, MO?
The ideal way for avoiding these problems in Brentwood, MO is prevention. If you have not started thinking about winterizing, now is the time. Give Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis a call today at (314) 450-0342 or contact us online.
Contact Us Now to Winterize Your Brentwood, MO Sprinkler System | Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis
Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis is devoted to delivering exceptional results and we’re as passionate about lawn care as you are about owning an amazing lawn. We are the lawn care business in Brentwood, MO that will provide the products and service you need, right when you need them. We know both the Brentwood, MO and St. Louis areas – the weather fluctuations, what type of grass grows best, and the right irrigation patterns – but, most important of all, we know the neighborhoods, the people in the them, and their yards. After all, we are one of you.