Winterize Sprinkler System Des Peres, MO
Winterize Sprinkler System Des Peres, MO. With unpredictable and fairly harsh winters, the Des Peres, MO area is not the place to leave sprinkler systems bare and exposed – susceptible to damage and cracks – in cold temperatures. Most sprinkler system pipes are made from rigid polyvinyl chloride (PVC) or flexible polyethylene. Both of these materials crack, tear, or even burst under pressure. If water freezes inside the pipes, it will expand and push out against the pipes’ interior exerting far too much pressure, causing the pipes to break. The sprinkler heads and valves are also not built to hold off the pressure from frozen water and might suffer the same fate as the pipes.
You certainly do not look forward to this happening in Des Peres, MO, as the destruction is widespread and costly, which is exactly why you need to turn to Lawn Sprinklers St. Louis to winterize your sprinkler system. Call us right away at (314) 450-0342 or contact us online to schedule an appointment.
Why Select Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis To Winterize My Sprinkler System in Des Peres, MO?
We are a family-owned and operated, local company with decades of experience in the Des Peres, MO irrigation industry. Our main goal is to supply the best service possible to our customers and guarantee that all of our work is done safely and in a timely manner. We have been providing the St. Louis and Des Peres, MO neighborhoods with premier lawn care services for over 30 years.
We are your complete lawn care specialists. Along with being the go-to choice for winterizing your sprinkler system in Des Peres, MO, Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis provides the following services:
- Licensed Backflow Tester Near Me
- Local Lawn Care
- Irrigation Companies
- Lawn Fertilizer Service Near Me
- Lawn Aeration Near Me
- Sprinkler System Installation
- Outdoor Landscape Lighting
- Spring Lawn Care
- Sprinkler System Startup
How Does Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis Winterize My Sprinkler System in Des Peres, MO?
You check to make sure your car’s radiator is topped off with antifreeze, you have your Des Peres, MO home’s furnace tuned-up, and you store your lawn equipment indoors for the winter – so why not professionally winterize your sprinkler system? Winterizing is the best way to protect the investment in your irrigation system and it makes sure that the system is raring to go, set to maintain your plush, green lawn, as soon as spring starts in Des Peres, MO. Make sure to have a specialist at Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis winterize your system. We follow a step-by-step process which includes:
- Closing the water supply – One of our talented technicians will shut off the water line and attach an air compressor to your system. The air compressor is required for the favored method to remove water from a sprinkler system in the Des Peres, MO area, which is often referred to as the blowout method.
- Draining the system – Our Des Peres, MO sprinkler system specialists will use the compressed air to force the water out of your irrigation system. The blowout method calls for a high level of air pressure – 40 to 80 pounds per square inch (psi) is ideal, with 80 psi being the maximum for rigid PVC pipe and 50 psi for polyethylene pipe. This is yet another reason why it is vital that a professional from Lawn Sprinklers in St. Louis performs this job.
- Deactivating the controller – After draining the unit, our specialists will turn off the controller. Each controller is different, and whether or not it needs to be simply “switched off” or unplugged and stored depends on the brand. Our team has in-depth knowledge of and hands-on experience with numerous brands of controllers, such as:
- Rain Bird ESP-Me Controller
- Rain Bird Esp-Smte Controller
- Hunter HC Hydrawise Wifi Modular Controller
- Hunter Pro-Hc Wifi Hydrawise Wifi Controller
- Toro Evolution Controller
- RainMachine Touch Wifi Controller
- Insulating the system – Our team’s final step is to cover all the sprinkler parts above ground with insulation tape, foam covers, or maybe even insulation blankets to prevent them from cracking and freezing in Des Peres, MO. This includes:
- The main water supply shutoff valve
- Backflow preventers – ensuring we keep air vents open
- Exposed parts of the pipes
What Occurs If I Don’t Have Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis Winterize My Sprinkler System in Des Peres, MO?
If you decide to skip the winterization procedure for your Des Peres, MO yard, plummeting temperatures can create damage to your irrigation system ranging from minor inconveniences to major disasters. Your sure bet is to just have Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis winterize your sprinkler system. Give us a call today at (314) 450-0342 or reach out to us online. Here’s what could occur if you elect to skip winterizing or attempt doing it yourself in Des Peres, MO:
- Leaking/Cracked Fitting and Pipes
- Water bubbling up from the ground between sprinkler heads when the system is on
- Flooded areas between sprinklers
- Very wet or soft areas
- Ground depressions
- Sprinkler heads not popping all the way up, and barely spraying or haphazardly shooting water
- Dirty water spraying from the sprinkler line
- A specific patch of mushroom growth
- With the system off and no water being used in the house, water meter is still running
- Broken Sprinkler Heads
- Busted Valves and Backflow Devices
If an irrigation system isn’t properly winterized in Des Peres, MO, water will remain in the pipes all winter. When that water freezes, everything in your irrigation system is in danger of leaking, cracking, and/or bursting.
Indications you have a leaking or cracked pipe in your Des Peres, MO sprinkler system include:
Sprinkler heads easily break from the pressure of water freezing. A broken sprinkler head in the springtime is not the best way to start the season.
Much like pipes and sprinkler heads, your anti-siphon devices, valves and even backflows can be majorly damaged by ice and might be irreparable and need to be replaced. Even if a part isn’t cracked or broken right away, it could be damaged down the line in Des Peres, MO, causing splits or leaks.
How Do You Prevent These Damages to Your Sprinkler System in Des Peres, MO?
The best method for avoiding these problems in Des Peres, MO is prevention. If you have not begun thinking about winterizing, now is the time. Give Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis a call today at (314) 450-0342 or reach out to us online.
Contact Us Now to Winterize Your Sprinkler System in Des Peres, MO | Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis
Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis is devoted to delivering exceptional results and we’re as passionate about lawn care as you are about owning an amazing lawn. We are the lawn care company in Des Peres, MO that will provide the products and service you need, right when you need them. We know both the Des Peres, MO and St. Louis areas – the weather fluctuations, what type of grass grows best, and the specific irrigation patterns – but, best of all, we know the neighborhoods, the people in the them, and their yards. We are one of you, after all.