Winterize Sprinkler System Glendale, MO
Winterize Sprinkler System Glendale, MO. With unpredictable and rather harsh winters, the Glendale, MO area is not the place to leave sprinkler systems exposed and bare – susceptible to damage and cracks – in frigid temperatures. Most sprinkler system pipes are made from rigid polyvinyl chloride (PVC) or flexible polyethylene. Both of these materials crack, tear, or even burst under pressure. If water freezes inside the pipes, it expands and pushes against the pipes’ walls applying far too much pressure, causing the pipes to burst. The sprinkler valves and heads also are not built to hold off the pressure from frozen water and could experience the same hardships as the pipes.
You certainly do not want this to happen in Glendale, MO, as the damage is expensive and widespread, which is precisely why you should turn to Lawn Sprinklers St. Louis to winterize your sprinkler system. Call us as soon as possible at (314) 450-0342 or contact us online to make an appointment.
Why Select Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis To Winterize My Sprinkler System in Glendale, MO?
We are a family-owned and operated, local company with years of experience in the Glendale, MO irrigation industry. Our main goal is to provide the best possible service to our clients and make sure that all of our work is done in a timely manner and safely. We have been providing the St. Louis and Glendale, MO neighborhoods with top quality lawn care services for over 30 years.
We are your complete lawn care professionals. Along with being the go-to choice for winterizing your sprinkler system in Glendale, MO, Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis offers the following services:
- Licensed Backflow Tester Near Me
- Local Lawn Care
- Irrigation Companies
- Lawn Fertilizer Service Near Me
- Lawn Aeration Near Me
- Sprinkler System Installation
- Outdoor Landscape Lighting
- Spring Lawn Care
- Sprinkler System Startup
How Does Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis Winterize My Sprinkler System in Glendale, MO?
You check to make sure your vehicle’s radiator is topped off with antifreeze, you have your Glendale, MO home’s furnace tuned-up, and you stow away lawn equipment for the winter – so why not have your sprinkler system professionally winterized? Winterizing is the ideal way to protect the investment in your irrigation system and it ensures that the system is ready to go, set to keep your lawn looking luxurious, the minute spring hits in Glendale, MO. Be sure to have a professional at Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis winterize your system. We follow a step-by-step process which includes:
- Closing the water supply – One of our skilled specialists will extinguish the water supply and attach an air compressor to your system. The air compressor is required for the common method to remove water from a sprinkler system in the Glendale, MO area, which is frequently called the blowout method.
- Draining the system – Our Glendale, MO sprinkler system specialists will use the compressed air to force the water out of your irrigation system. The blowout method calls for a high level of air pressure – 40 to 80 pounds per square inch (psi) is ideal, with 80 psi being the maximum for rigid PVC pipe and 50 psi for polyethylene pipe. This is yet another reason why it is vital that a professional from Lawn Sprinklers in St. Louis performs this job.
- Deactivating the controller – Our specialists will turn off the controller, after draining the unit. Every controller differs, and whether or not it needs to be unplugged and stored or simply “switched off” depends on the brand. Our team has in-depth knowledge of and hands-on experience with multiple brands of controllers, like:
- Rain Bird ESP-Me Controller
- Rain Bird Esp-Smte Controller
- Hunter HC Hydrawise Wifi Modular Controller
- Hunter Pro-Hc Wifi Hydrawise Wifi Controller
- Toro Evolution Controller
- RainMachine Touch Wifi Controller
- Insulating the system – Our staff’s final step is to enclose all the system’s components above ground with foam covers, insulation tape, or perhaps insulation blankets to prevent them from cracking and freezing in Glendale, MO. This includes:
- The main water supply shutoff valve
- Backflow preventers – ensuring we leave air vents open
- Exposed parts of the pipes
What Happens If I Do Not Use Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis to Winterize My Glendale, MO Sprinkler System?
If you decide to skip the winterization procedure in Glendale, MO, the drastic drop in temperature can cause damage to your sprinkler system ranging from small inconveniences to major disasters. Your best bet is to simply have Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis winterize your sprinkler system. Give us a call now at (314) 450-0342 or reach out to us online. Here are examples of what could occur if you decide to skip winterizing or attempt doing it yourself in Glendale, MO:
- Cracked/Leaking Pipes and Fittings
- When the system is on, water bubbles up from the ground between sprinkler heads
- Flooded areas between sprinklers
- Very soft or wet areas
- Ground depressions
- Sprinkler heads not popping all the way up, and barely spraying or haphazardly shooting water
- Sprinkler line spraying dirty water
- A specific patch of mushroom growth
- Water meter running when the system is off and no water is being used in the home
- Broken Sprinkler Heads
- Busted Valves and Backflow Devices
If a sprinkler system isn’t properly winterized in Glendale, MO, water will remain in the pipes all winter. When that water freezes, everything in your sprinkler system is at risk of cracking, leaking, and/or bursting.
Indications you have a cracked or leaking pipe in your Glendale, MO irrigation system include:
When water freezes in sprinkler heads, they easily break under the pressure. A broken sprinkler head in the springtime is no way to start the season.
Much like pipes and sprinkler heads, your anti-siphon devices, valves and even backflows can be severely damaged by ice and might be irreparable and need to be replaced. Even if something isn’t cracked or broken right away, it could be damaged at a later date in Glendale, MO, causing splits or leaks.
How Do You Prevent These Damages to Your Glendale, MO Sprinkler System?
The ideal method for steering clear of these issues in Glendale, MO is prevention. If you haven’t begun thinking about winterizing, now is the time. Give Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis a call today at (314) 450-0342 or contact us online.
Contact Us Now to Winterize Your Sprinkler System in Glendale, MO | Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis
Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis is devoted to delivering notable results and we’re as passionate about lawn care as you are about having an amazing lawn. We are the lawn care business in Glendale, MO that will provide the products and service you need, when you need them. We know both the Glendale, MO and St. Louis areas – the weather fluctuations, what type of grass grows best, and the right irrigation patterns – but, most important of all, we know the neighborhoods, the residents, and their yards. We are one of you, after all.
If you are looking to winterize your Glendale, MO sprinkler system, call Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis right now at (314) 450-0342 or contact us online.