Winterize Sprinkler System Sappington, MO
Winterize Sprinkler System Sappington, MO. With unpredictable and rather harsh winters, the Sappington, MO area is not the place to leave sprinkler systems exposed and bare – susceptible to damage and cracks – in cold temperatures. The majority of irrigation pipes are made from rigid polyvinyl chloride (PVC) or flexible polyethylene. Under pressure, both of these types of material crack, tear, or even burst. If water freezes inside the pipes, it will expand and push out against the pipes’ interior applying far too much pressure, causing the pipes to burst. The sprinkler valves and heads are also not designed to hold off the pressure from ice and might suffer the same fate as the pipes.
You definitely do not look forward to this happening in Sappington, MO, as the damage is widespread and costly, which is precisely why you should turn to Lawn Sprinklers St. Louis to winterize your sprinkler system. Call us now at (314) 450-0342 or reach out to us online to make an appointment.
Why Select Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis To Winterize My Sprinkler System in Sappington, MO?
We are a local, family-owned and operated business with decades of experience in the Sappington, MO irrigation industry. Our primary goal is to supply the best possible service to our customers and guarantee that all our work is done in a timely manner and safely. We have been supplying the St. Louis and Sappington, MO neighborhoods with premier lawn care services for more than 30 years.
We are your complete lawn care professionals. Along with being the go-to choice for winterizing your Sappington, MO sprinkler system, Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis offers the following services:
- Licensed Backflow Tester Near Me
- Local Lawn Care
- Irrigation Companies
- Lawn Fertilizer Service Near Me
- Lawn Aeration Near Me
- Sprinkler System Installation
- Outdoor Landscape Lighting
- Spring Lawn Care
- Sprinkler System Startup
How Does Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis Winterize My Sappington, MO Sprinkler System?
You ensure your car’s radiator is full of antifreeze, you have your Sappington, MO home’s furnace tuned-up, and you stow away lawn equipment for the winter season – so why not professionally winterize your sprinkler system? Winterizing is the ideal way to protect the investment in your irrigation system and it makes sure that the system is raring to go, set to keep your lawn looking luxurious, the minute spring starts in Sappington, MO. Be sure to have a professional at Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis winterize your system. We follow a step-by-step procedure which includes:
- Shutting down the water supply – One of our talented technicians will close off the water supply and attach an air compressor to the system’s main water line. The air compressor is essential for the common method to remove water from a sprinkler system in the Sappington, MO area, which is frequently called the blowout method.
- Draining the system – Our Sappington, MO sprinkler system specialists will use the compressed air to force the water out of your irrigation system. The air pressure must be high enough – 40 to 80 pounds per square inch (psi) is ideal, with 80 psi being the maximum for rigid PVC pipe and 50 psi for polyethylene pipe – another reason why it is important that a professional from Lawn Sprinklers in St. Louis does this.
- Deactivating the controller – After draining the unit, our specialists will turn off the controller. Each controller is different, and whether or not it needs to be simply “switched off” or unplugged and stored is dependant upon the brand. Our staff has in-depth knowledge of and hands-on experience with numerous brands of controllers, like:
- Rain Bird ESP-Me Controller
- Rain Bird Esp-Smte Controller
- Hunter HC Hydrawise Wifi Modular Controller
- Hunter Pro-Hc Wifi Hydrawise Wifi Controller
- Toro Evolution Controller
- RainMachine Touch Wifi Controller
- Insulating the system – Our staff’s last step is to cover all the sprinkler parts above ground with foam covers, insulation tape, or maybe even insulation blankets to restrict them from cracking and freezing in Sappington, MO. This includes:
- The main water supply shutoff valve
- Backflow preventers – ensuring we leave air vents open
- Exposed parts of the pipes
What Happens If I Don’t Have Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis Winterize My Sprinkler System in Sappington, MO?
If you choose to skip the winterization procedure in Sappington, MO, plummeting temperatures can bring about damage to your sprinkler system ranging from slight inconveniences to major disasters. Your best bet is to simply have Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis winterize your sprinkler system. Call us today at (314) 450-0342 or contact us online. Here’s what could occur if you elect to skip winterizing or try doing it yourself in Sappington, MO:
- Leaking/Cracked Pipes and Fittings
- When the system is on, water bubbles up from the ground between sprinkler heads
- Flooded areas between sprinklers
- Very wet or soft areas
- Ground depressions
- Sprinkler heads barely spraying or haphazardly shooting water and not popping all the way up
- Dirty water spraying from the sprinkler line
- Mushrooms growing in a specific patch
- Water meter running when the system is off and no water is being used in the home
- Broken Sprinkler Heads
- Busted Backflow Devices and Valves
If an irrigation system isn’t properly winterized in Sappington, MO, water will be left in the pipes all winter. When that water freezes, everything in your sprinkler system is at risk of leaking, cracking, and/or bursting.
Indications you have a leaking or cracked pipe in your Sappington, MO sprinkler system include:
When water freezes in sprinkler heads, they easily break under the pressure. A broken sprinkler head in the springtime is not the best way to start the season.
Similarly to pipes and sprinkler heads, your anti-siphon devices, valves and even backflows can be severely damaged by ice and could be irreparable and might need to be replaced. Even if a part isn’t cracked or broken right away, it might show damage down the line in Sappington, MO, causing splits or leaks.
How Do You Prevent These Damages to Your Sprinkler System in Sappington, MO?
The ideal way for avoiding these issues in Sappington, MO is prevention. If you haven’t started thinking about winterizing, now is the time. Call Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis now at (314) 450-0342 or reach out to us online.
Reach Out Today to Winterize Your Sappington, MO Sprinkler System | Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis
Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis is dedicated to delivering notable results and we’re as passionate about lawn care as you are about owning an amazing lawn. We are the lawn care company in Sappington, MO that will provide the service and products you need, when you need them. We know both the Sappington, MO and St. Louis areas – the weather, what kind of grass grows best, and the specific irrigation patterns – but, best of all, we know the neighborhoods, the people in the them, and their yards. We are one of you, after all.