Winterize Sprinkler System Kirkwood, MO
Winterize Sprinkler System Kirkwood, MO. With unpredictable and rather harsh winters, the Kirkwood, MO area is not the place to leave sprinkler systems exposed and bare – susceptible to damage and cracks – in cold temperatures. Most sprinkler system pipes are made from rigid polyvinyl chloride (PVC) or flexible polyethylene. Both of these materials crack, tear, or even burst under pressure. If the water freezes inside the pipes, it expands and pushes against the pipes’ walls applying far too much pressure, causing the pipes to break. The sprinkler valves and heads are also not designed to hold off the pressure from frozen water and could experience the same hardships as the pipes.
You certainly do not want this to happen in Kirkwood, MO, as the destruction is widespread and costly, which is precisely why you need to turn to Lawn Sprinklers St. Louis to winterize your sprinkler system. Call us right away at (314) 450-0342 or contact us online to book an appointment.
Why Pick Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis To Winterize My Kirkwood, MO Sprinkler System?
We are a family-owned and operated, local company with decades of experience in the Kirkwood, MO irrigation industry. Our primary goal is to provide the best possible service to our customers and ensure that all of our work is finished in a timely manner and safely. We have been providing the St. Louis and Kirkwood, MO neighborhoods with premier lawn care services for more than 30 years.
We are your complete lawn care specialists. In addition to being the go-to choice for winterizing your Kirkwood, MO sprinkler system, Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis offers the following services:
- Licensed Backflow Tester Near Me
- Local Lawn Care
- Irrigation Companies
- Lawn Fertilizer Service Near Me
- Lawn Aeration Near Me
- Sprinkler System Installation
- Outdoor Landscape Lighting
- Spring Lawn Care
- Sprinkler System Startup
How Does Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis Winterize My Sprinkler System in Kirkwood, MO?
You ensure your car’s radiator is full of antifreeze, you tune-up your Kirkwood, MO home’s furnace, and you stow away lawn equipment for the winter season – so why not have your sprinkler system professionally winterized? Winterizing is the perfect way to protect the investment in your irrigation system and it makes sure that the system is raring to go, set to maintain your plush, green lawn, the minute spring hits in Kirkwood, MO. Be sure to have a specialist at Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis winterize your system. We follow a step-by-step procedure which includes:
- Shutting down the water supply – One of our talented technicians will shut off the water supply and attach an air compressor to the system. The air compressor is essential for the favored way to remove water from a sprinkler system in the Kirkwood, MO area, which is often called the blowout method.
- Draining the system – Our Kirkwood, MO sprinkler system specialists will use the compressed air to force the water out of your irrigation system. The blowout method calls for a high level of air pressure – 40 to 80 pounds per square inch (psi) is ideal, with 80 psi being the maximum for rigid PVC pipe and 50 psi for polyethylene pipe. This is yet another reason why it is vital that a professional from Lawn Sprinklers in St. Louis performs this job.
- Deactivating the controller – Our specialists will turn off the controller, after draining the unit. Every controller differs, and whether or not it needs to be simply “switched off” or unplugged and stored depends on the brand. Our staff has in-depth knowledge of and hands-on experience with a variety of brands of controllers, such as:
- Rain Bird ESP-Me Controller
- Rain Bird Esp-Smte Controller
- Hunter HC Hydrawise Wifi Modular Controller
- Hunter Pro-Hc Wifi Hydrawise Wifi Controller
- Toro Evolution Controller
- RainMachine Touch Wifi Controller
- Insulating the system – Our staff’s final step is to shield all the sprinkler parts above ground with insulation tape, foam covers, or perhaps insulation blankets to keep them from freezing and cracking in Kirkwood, MO. This includes:
- The main water supply shutoff valve
- Backflow preventers – making sure to leave air vents open
- Exposed parts of the pipes
What Happens If I Do Not Have Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis Winterize My Sprinkler System in Kirkwood, MO?
If you decide to skip the winterization procedure in Kirkwood, MO, the drastic drop in temperature can create damage to your sprinkler system ranging from slight inconveniences to a full-blow disaster. Your sure bet is to just have Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis winterize your sprinkler system. Call us today at (314) 450-0342 or reach out to us online. Here are examples of what could happen if you elect to skip winterizing or attempt doing it yourself in Kirkwood, MO:
- Cracked/Leaking Fitting and Pipes
- Water bubbling up from the ground between sprinkler heads when the system is on
- Flooded areas between sprinklers
- Very wet or soft areas
- Ground depressions
- Sprinkler heads not popping all the way up, and barely spraying or haphazardly shooting water
- Dirty water spraying from the sprinkler line
- A specific patch of mushroom growth
- With the system off and no water being used in the house, water meter is still running
- Broken Sprinkler Heads
- Busted Backflow Devices and Valves
If a sprinkler system is not properly winterized in Kirkwood, MO, water will be left in the pipes all winter. When that water freezes, everything in your sprinkler system is in danger of leaking, cracking, and/or bursting.
Signs you have a leaking or cracked pipe in your Kirkwood, MO irrigation system include:
Sprinkler heads easily break from the pressure of water freezing. A broken sprinkler head in the springtime is not the best way to start the season.
Similarly to pipes and sprinkler heads, your anti-siphon devices, valves and even backflows can be majorly mangled by ice and could be irreparable and might need to be replaced. Even if something isn’t cracked or broken right away, it might show damage down the line in Kirkwood, MO, causing leaks or breaks.
How Do You Prevent These Damages to Your Sprinkler System in Kirkwood, MO?
The best method for steering clear of these hazards in Kirkwood, MO is prevention. If you have not begun thinking about winterizing, now is the time. Call Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis today at (314) 450-0342 or contact us online.
Contact Us Today to Winterize Your Sprinkler System in Kirkwood, MO | Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis
Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis is dedicated to delivering exceptional results and we are as passionate about lawn care as you are about owning an amazing lawn. We are the lawn care business in Kirkwood, MO that will provide the products and service you need, right when you need them. We know both the Kirkwood, MO and St. Louis areas – the weather, what type of grass grows best, and the right irrigation patterns – but, best of all, we know the neighborhoods, the residents, and their yards. We are one of you, after all.