Winterize Sprinkler System Ellisville, MO
Winterize Sprinkler System Ellisville, MO. With unpredictable and fairly harsh winters, the Ellisville, MO area is not the place to leave sprinkler systems exposed and bare – susceptible to damage and cracks – in cold temperatures. Most sprinkler system pipes are made from rigid polyvinyl chloride (PVC) or flexible polyethylene. Under pressure, both of these types of material crack, tear, or even burst. If the water freezes inside the pipes, it expands and pushes against the pipes’ walls applying too much pressure, causing the pipes to burst. The sprinkler heads and valves also are not developed to hold off the pressure from frozen water and might suffer the same fate as the pipes.
You certainly do not want this to happen in Ellisville, MO, as the damage is expensive and widespread, which is exactly why you should turn to Lawn Sprinklers St. Louis to winterize your sprinkler system. Call us right away at (314) 450-0342 or contact us online to schedule an appointment.
Why Select Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis To Winterize My Sprinkler System in Ellisville, MO?
We are a family-owned and operated, local company with decades of experience in the Ellisville, MO irrigation industry. Our primary goal is to supply the best service possible to our customers and make sure that all our work is done in a timely manner and safely. We have been supplying the St. Louis and Ellisville, MO neighborhoods with premier lawn care services for more than 30 years.
We are your complete lawn care specialists. In addition to being the go-to choice for winterizing your sprinkler system in Ellisville, MO, Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis supplies the following services:
- Licensed Backflow Tester Near Me
- Local Lawn Care
- Irrigation Companies
- Lawn Fertilizer Service Near Me
- Lawn Aeration Near Me
- Sprinkler System Installation
- Outdoor Landscape Lighting
- Spring Lawn Care
- Sprinkler System Startup
How Does Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis Winterize My Ellisville, MO Sprinkler System?
You ensure your car’s radiator is full of antifreeze, you tune-up your Ellisville, MO home’s furnace, and you store your lawn equipment indoors for the winter – so why not professionally winterize your sprinkler system? Winterizing is the best way to protect the investment in your irrigation system and it makes sure that the system is raring to go, set to keep your lawn looking luxurious, as soon as spring starts in Ellisville, MO. Make sure to have a professional at Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis winterize your system. We follow a step-by-step procedure which includes:
- Closing the water supply – One of our skilled specialists will extinguish the water supply and attach an air compressor to your system. The air compressor is essential for the common method to remove water from a sprinkler system in the Ellisville, MO area, which is often called the blowout method.
- Draining the system – Our Ellisville, MO sprinkler system specialists will use the compressed air to push the water out of your irrigation system. The air pressure must be high enough – 40 to 80 pounds per square inch (psi) is ideal, with 80 psi being the maximum for rigid PVC pipe and 50 psi for polyethylene pipe – another reason why it is important that a professional from Lawn Sprinklers in St. Louis does this.
- Deactivating the controller – After draining the unit, our specialists will turn off the controller. Every controller is different, and whether or not it needs to be unplugged and stored or simply “switched off” is dependant upon the brand. Our staff has in-depth knowledge of and hands-on experience with multiple brands of controllers, including:
- Rain Bird ESP-Me Controller
- Rain Bird Esp-Smte Controller
- Hunter HC Hydrawise Wifi Modular Controller
- Hunter Pro-Hc Wifi Hydrawise Wifi Controller
- Toro Evolution Controller
- RainMachine Touch Wifi Controller
- Insulating the system – Our staff’s final step is to cover all the system’s components above ground with foam covers, insulation tape, or maybe even insulation blankets to prevent them from freezing and cracking in Ellisville, MO. This includes:
- The main water supply shutoff valve
- Backflow preventers – making sure to leave air vents open
- Exposed parts of the pipes
What Happens If I Don’t Use Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis to Winterize My Ellisville, MO Sprinkler System?
If you make the decision to skip the winterization process for your Ellisville, MO yard, the drastic drop in temperature can create damage to your sprinkler system ranging from slight inconveniences to a full-blow disaster. Your sure bet is to just have Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis winterize your sprinkler system. Call us now at (314) 450-0342 or contact us online. Here are examples of what could occur if you elect to skip winterizing or attempt doing it yourself in Ellisville, MO:
- Cracked/Leaking Fitting and Pipes
- Water bubbling up from the ground between sprinkler heads when the system is on
- Flooded areas between sprinklers
- Very soft or wet areas
- Ground depressions
- Sprinkler heads not popping all the way up, and barely spraying or haphazardly shooting water
- Sprinkler line spraying dirty water
- A specific patch of mushroom growth
- Water meter running when the system is off and no water is being used in the home
- Broken Sprinkler Heads
- Busted Valves and Backflow Devices
If an irrigation system isn’t properly winterized in Ellisville, MO, water will be left in the pipes all winter. When that water freezes, everything in your irrigation system is in danger of cracking, leaking, and/or bursting.
Signs you have a cracked or leaking pipe in your Ellisville, MO sprinkler system are:
When water freezes in sprinkler heads, they easily break under the pressure. A broken sprinkler head in the springtime is no way to start the season.
Much like sprinkler heads and pipes, your anti-siphon devices, valves and even backflows can be seriously mangled by ice and could be irreparable and might need to be replaced. Even if something isn’t cracked or broken right away, it might show damage down the line in Ellisville, MO, causing splits or leaks.
How Do You Prevent These Damages to Your Sprinkler System in Ellisville, MO?
The ideal technique for avoiding these hazards in Ellisville, MO is prevention. If you haven’t begun talking or thinking about winterizing, now is the time. Call Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis now at (314) 450-0342 or reach out to us online.
Reach Out Today to Winterize Your Ellisville, MO Sprinkler System | Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis
Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis is committed to delivering exceptional results and we are as passionate about lawn care as you are about owning an amazing lawn. We are the lawn care company in Ellisville, MO that will provide the service and products you need, right when you need them. We know both the Ellisville, MO and St. Louis areas – the weather, what type of grass grows best, and the specific irrigation patterns – but, best of all, we know the neighborhoods, the residents, and their yards. We are one of you, after all.