Winterize Sprinkler System Crystal Lake Park, MO
Winterize Sprinkler System Crystal Lake Park, MO. With unpredictable and fairly harsh winters, the Crystal Lake Park, MO area is not the place to leave sprinkler systems exposed and bare – susceptible to damage and cracks – in frigid temperatures. The majority of irrigation pipes are made from rigid polyvinyl chloride (PVC) or flexible polyethylene. Both of these materials crack, tear, or even burst under pressure. If the water freezes inside the pipes, it expands and pushes against the pipes’ walls applying far too much pressure, causing the pipes to burst. The sprinkler heads and valves are also not designed to hold off the pressure from frozen water and may experience the same hardships as the pipes.
You certainly do not look forward to this happening in Crystal Lake Park, MO, as the harm is expensive and widespread, which is exactly why you should turn to Lawn Sprinklers St. Louis to winterize your sprinkler system. Give us a call as soon as possible at (314) 450-0342 or reach out to us online to schedule an appointment.
Why Pick Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis To Winterize My Sprinkler System in Crystal Lake Park, MO?
We are a local, family-owned and operated company with decades of experience in the Crystal Lake Park, MO irrigation industry. Our primary goal is to supply the best service possible to our customers and guarantee that all of our work is done safely and in a timely manner. We have been providing the St. Louis and Crystal Lake Park, MO neighborhoods with top quality lawn care services for over 30 years.
We are your complete lawn care company. In addition to being the go-to choice for winterizing your sprinkler system in Crystal Lake Park, MO, Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis offers the following services:
- Licensed Backflow Tester Near Me
- Local Lawn Care
- Irrigation Companies
- Lawn Fertilizer Service Near Me
- Lawn Aeration Near Me
- Sprinkler System Installation
- Outdoor Landscape Lighting
- Spring Lawn Care
- Sprinkler System Startup
How Does Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis Winterize My Crystal Lake Park, MO Sprinkler System?
You check to make sure your car’s radiator is topped off with antifreeze, you tune-up your Crystal Lake Park, MO home’s furnace, and you stow away lawn equipment for the winter season – so why not professionally winterize your sprinkler system? Winterizing is the perfect way to protect the investment in your irrigation system and it ensures that the system is raring to go, set to keep your lawn looking luxurious, the minute spring starts in Crystal Lake Park, MO. Be sure to have a specialist at Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis winterize your system. We follow a step-by-step process which includes:
- Closing the water supply – One of our skilled specialists will shut off the water supply and attach an air compressor to the system’s main water line. The air compressor is essential for the favored method to remove water from a sprinkler system in the Crystal Lake Park, MO area, which is often called the blowout method.
- Draining the system – Our Crystal Lake Park, MO sprinkler system specialists will use the compressed air to force the water out of your irrigation system. The blowout method calls for a high level of air pressure – 40 to 80 pounds per square inch (psi) is ideal, with 80 psi being the maximum for rigid PVC pipe and 50 psi for polyethylene pipe. This is yet another reason why it is vital that a professional from Lawn Sprinklers in St. Louis performs this job.
- Deactivating the controller – Our specialists will turn off the controller, after draining the unit. Each controller is different, and whether or not it needs to be unplugged and stored or simply “switched off” is dependant upon the brand. Our staff has in-depth knowledge of and hands-on experience with multiple brands of controllers, including:
- Rain Bird ESP-Me Controller
- Rain Bird Esp-Smte Controller
- Hunter HC Hydrawise Wifi Modular Controller
- Hunter Pro-Hc Wifi Hydrawise Wifi Controller
- Toro Evolution Controller
- RainMachine Touch Wifi Controller
- Insulating the system – Our staff’s final step is to shield all the system’s components above ground with insulation tape, foam covers, or perhaps insulation blankets to prevent them from freezing and cracking in Crystal Lake Park, MO. This includes:
- The main water supply shutoff valve
- Backflow preventers – ensuring we leave air vents open
- Exposed parts of the pipes
What Happens If I Do Not Have Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis Winterize My Sprinkler System in Crystal Lake Park, MO?
If you make the decision to skip the winterization process for your Crystal Lake Park, MO yard, plummeting temperatures can bring about damage to your irrigation system ranging from minor inconveniences to a full-blow disaster. Your best bet is to just have Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis winterize your sprinkler system. Give us a call now at (314) 450-0342 or reach out to us online. Here’s what could occur if you elect to skip winterizing or try doing it yourself in Crystal Lake Park, MO:
- Leaking/Cracked Pipes and Fittings
- Water bubbling up from the ground between sprinkler heads when the system is on
- Flooded areas between sprinklers
- Very soft or wet areas
- Ground depressions
- Sprinkler heads barely spraying or haphazardly shooting water and not popping all the way up
- Sprinkler line spraying dirty water
- A specific patch of mushroom growth
- With the system off and no water being used in the house, water meter is still running
- Broken Sprinkler Heads
- Busted Valves and Backflow Devices
If an irrigation system is not properly winterized in Crystal Lake Park, MO, water will be left in the pipes all winter. When that water freezes, everything in your sprinkler system is at risk of cracking, leaking, and/or bursting.
Signs you have a cracked or leaking pipe in your Crystal Lake Park, MO sprinkler system are:
When water freezes in sprinkler heads, they easily break under the pressure. A broken sprinkler head in the springtime is no way to start the season.
Much like pipes and sprinkler heads, your valves, anti-siphon devices and even backflows can be severely mangled by ice and might be irreparable and need to be replaced. Even if a part isn’t broken or cracked right away, it could be damaged at a later date in Crystal Lake Park, MO, causing splits or leaks.
How Do You Prevent These Damages to Your Sprinkler System in Crystal Lake Park, MO?
The best technique for avoiding these hazards in Crystal Lake Park, MO is prevention. If you have not begun talking or thinking about winterizing, now is the time. Call Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis now at (314) 450-0342 or reach out to us online.
Contact Us Today to Winterize Your Crystal Lake Park, MO Sprinkler System | Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis
Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis is committed to delivering exceptional results and we are as passionate about lawn care as you are about having an amazing lawn. We are the lawn care company in Crystal Lake Park, MO that will provide the service and products you need, right when you need them. We know both the Crystal Lake Park, MO and St. Louis areas – the weather, what kind of grass grows best, and the right irrigation patterns – but, most important of all, we know the neighborhoods, the people in the them, and their yards. After all, we are one of you.
If you are looking to winterize your Crystal Lake Park, MO sprinkler system, give Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis a call right now at (314) 450-0342 or contact us online.