Winterize Sprinkler System Olivette, MO
Winterize Sprinkler System Olivette, MO. With unpredictable and rather harsh winters, the Olivette, MO area is not the place to leave sprinkler systems bare and exposed – susceptible to damage and cracks – in frigid temperatures. Most sprinkler system pipes are made from rigid polyvinyl chloride (PVC) or flexible polyethylene. Under pressure, both of these types of material crack, tear, or even burst. If the water freezes inside the pipes, it will expand and push out against the pipes’ interior applying far too much pressure, causing the pipes to burst. The sprinkler valves and heads are also not developed to hold off the pressure from frozen water and could suffer the same fate as the pipes.
You definitely do not look forward to this happening in Olivette, MO, as the damage is widespread and costly, which is exactly the reason you need to turn to Lawn Sprinklers St. Louis to winterize your sprinkler system. Give us a call right away at (314) 450-0342 or reach out to us online to book an appointment.
Why Select Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis To Winterize My Sprinkler System in Olivette, MO?
We are a local, family-owned and operated business with years of experience in the Olivette, MO irrigation industry. Our main goal is to supply the best possible service to our clients and make sure that all our work is completed in a timely manner and safely. We have been supplying the St. Louis and Olivette, MO neighborhoods with top quality lawn care services for more than 30 years.
We are your complete lawn care professionals. In addition to being the go-to choice for winterizing your sprinkler system in Olivette, MO, Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis offers the following services:
- Licensed Backflow Tester Near Me
- Local Lawn Care
- Irrigation Companies
- Lawn Fertilizer Service Near Me
- Lawn Aeration Near Me
- Sprinkler System Installation
- Outdoor Landscape Lighting
- Spring Lawn Care
- Sprinkler System Startup
How Does Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis Winterize My Olivette, MO Sprinkler System?
You check to make sure your car’s radiator is topped off with antifreeze, you have your Olivette, MO home’s furnace tuned-up, and you store your lawn equipment indoors for the winter season – so why not have your sprinkler system professionally winterized? Winterizing is the perfect way to protect the investment in your irrigation system and it makes sure that the system is raring to go, set to keep your lawn looking luxurious, as soon as spring hits in Olivette, MO. Be sure to have a specialist at Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis winterize your system. We follow a step-by-step process which includes:
- Shutting down the water supply – One of our skilled specialists will shut off the water line and attach an air compressor to your system’s main water line. The air compressor is a necessity for the common way to remove water from a sprinkler system in the Olivette, MO area, which is frequently referred to as the blowout method.
- Draining the system – Our Olivette, MO sprinkler system specialists will use the compressed air to push the water out of your irrigation system. The air pressure must be high enough – 40 to 80 pounds per square inch (psi) is ideal, with 80 psi being the maximum for rigid PVC pipe and 50 psi for polyethylene pipe – another reason why it is important that a professional from Lawn Sprinklers in St. Louis does this.
- Deactivating the controller – Our specialists will turn off the controller, after draining the unit. Each controller differs, and whether or not it needs to be simply “switched off” or unplugged and stored is dependant upon the brand. Our staff has in-depth knowledge of and hands-on experience with numerous brands of controllers, including:
- Rain Bird ESP-Me Controller
- Rain Bird Esp-Smte Controller
- Hunter HC Hydrawise Wifi Modular Controller
- Hunter Pro-Hc Wifi Hydrawise Wifi Controller
- Toro Evolution Controller
- RainMachine Touch Wifi Controller
- Insulating the system – Our staff’s final step is to enclose all the system’s components above ground with foam covers, insulation tape, or perhaps insulation blankets to keep them from cracking and freezing in Olivette, MO. This includes:
- The main water supply shutoff valve
- Backflow preventers – ensuring we leave air vents open
- Exposed parts of the pipes
What Happens If I Do Not Use Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis to Winterize My Olivette, MO Sprinkler System?
If you make the decision to skip the winterization process for your Olivette, MO yard, plummeting temperatures can create damage to your irrigation system ranging from slight inconveniences to a full-blow disaster. Your best bet is to simply have Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis winterize your sprinkler system. Call us now at (314) 450-0342 or reach out to us online. Here are examples of what could occur if you decide to skip winterizing or try doing it yourself in Olivette, MO:
- Cracked/Leaking Fitting and Pipes
- When the system is on, water bubbles up from the ground between sprinkler heads
- Flooded areas between sprinklers
- Very soft or wet areas
- Ground depressions
- Sprinkler heads barely spraying or haphazardly shooting water and not popping all the way up
- Sprinkler line spraying dirty water
- Mushrooms growing in a specific patch
- With the system off and no water being used in the house, water meter is still running
- Broken Sprinkler Heads
- Busted Valves and Backflow Devices
If an irrigation system is not properly winterized in Olivette, MO, water will remain in the pipes all winter. When that water freezes, everything in your irrigation system is at risk of cracking, leaking, and/or bursting.
Indications you have a cracked or leaking pipe in your Olivette, MO sprinkler system include:
Sprinkler heads easily break from the pressure of water freezing. A broken sprinkler head in the springtime is not the best way to start the season.
Much like pipes and sprinkler heads, your anti-siphon devices, valves and even backflows can be majorly mangled by ice and could be irreparable and might need to be replaced. Even if something isn’t cracked or broken right away, it might show damage down the line in Olivette, MO, causing splits or leaks.
How Do You Prevent These Damages to Your Sprinkler System in Olivette, MO?
The best way for steering clear of these hazards in Olivette, MO is prevention. If you haven’t begun talking or thinking about winterizing, now is the time. Give Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis a call today at (314) 450-0342 or reach out to us online.
Contact Us Today to Winterize Your Sprinkler System in Olivette, MO | Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis
Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis is dedicated to delivering notable results and we’re as passionate about lawn care as you are about owning an amazing lawn. We are the lawn care company in Olivette, MO that will provide the service and products you need, right when you need them. We know both the Olivette, MO and St. Louis areas – the weather fluctuations, what type of grass grows best, and the right irrigation patterns – but, most important of all, we know the neighborhoods, the residents, and their yards. We are one of you, after all.