Winterize Sprinkler System Sunset Hills, MO
Winterize Sprinkler System Sunset Hills, MO. With unpredictable and rather harsh winters, the Sunset Hills, MO area is not the place to leave sprinkler systems bare and exposed – susceptible to damage and cracks – in frigid temperatures. The majority of irrigation pipes are made from rigid polyvinyl chloride (PVC) or flexible polyethylene. Under pressure, both of these types of material crack, tear, or even burst. If the water freezes inside the pipes, it will expand and push out against the pipes’ interior applying far too much pressure, causing the pipes to break. The sprinkler valves and heads also are not designed to withstand the pressure from frozen water and may suffer the same fate as the pipes.
You definitely do not want this to happen in Sunset Hills, MO, as the damage is widespread and costly, which is precisely the reason you need to turn to Lawn Sprinklers St. Louis to winterize your sprinkler system. Give us a call right away at (314) 450-0342 or contact us online to schedule an appointment.
Why Choose Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis To Winterize My Sprinkler System in Sunset Hills, MO?
We are a family-owned and operated, local business with decades of experience in the Sunset Hills, MO irrigation industry. Our main goal is to supply the best possible service to our clients and make sure that all our work is done in a timely manner and safely. We have been providing the St. Louis and Sunset Hills, MO neighborhoods with top quality lawn care services for over 30 years.
We are your complete lawn care professionals. In addition to being the go-to choice for winterizing your Sunset Hills, MO sprinkler system, Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis provides the following services:
- Licensed Backflow Tester Near Me
- Local Lawn Care
- Irrigation Companies
- Lawn Fertilizer Service Near Me
- Lawn Aeration Near Me
- Sprinkler System Installation
- Outdoor Landscape Lighting
- Spring Lawn Care
- Sprinkler System Startup
How Does Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis Winterize My Sunset Hills, MO Sprinkler System?
You check to make sure your car’s radiator is full of antifreeze, you have your Sunset Hills, MO home’s furnace tuned-up, and you stow away lawn equipment for the winter season – so why not have your sprinkler system professionally winterized? Winterizing is the best way to protect the investment in your irrigation system and it ensures that the system is raring to go, set to keep your lawn looking luxurious, as soon as spring starts in Sunset Hills, MO. Make sure to have a professional at Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis winterize your system. We follow a step-by-step procedure which includes:
- Shutting down the water supply – One of our skilled specialists will shut off the water line and attach an air compressor to your system. The air compressor is essential for the preferred method to remove water from a sprinkler system in the Sunset Hills, MO area, which is often called the blowout method.
- Draining the system – Our Sunset Hills, MO sprinkler system specialists will use compressed air to push the water out of your irrigation system. The blowout method calls for a high level of air pressure – 40 to 80 pounds per square inch (psi) is ideal, with 80 psi being the maximum for rigid PVC pipe and 50 psi for polyethylene pipe. This is yet another reason why it is vital that a professional from Lawn Sprinklers in St. Louis performs this job.
- Deactivating the controller – After draining the unit, our specialists will turn off the controller. Every controller is different, and whether or not it needs to be simply “switched off” or unplugged and stored is dependant upon the brand. Our team has in-depth knowledge of and hands-on experience with numerous brands of controllers, including:
- Rain Bird ESP-Me Controller
- Rain Bird Esp-Smte Controller
- Hunter HC Hydrawise Wifi Modular Controller
- Hunter Pro-Hc Wifi Hydrawise Wifi Controller
- Toro Evolution Controller
- RainMachine Touch Wifi Controller
- Insulating the system – Our team’s last step is to enclose all the sprinkler parts above ground with foam covers, insulation tape, or perhaps insulation blankets to prevent them from cracking and freezing in Sunset Hills, MO. This includes:
- The shutoff valve at the main water supply
- Backflow preventers – making sure to leave air vents open
- Exposed parts of the pipes
What Happens If I Do Not Have Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis Winterize My Sunset Hills, MO Sprinkler System?
If you decide to skip the winterization procedure in Sunset Hills, MO, the drastic drop in temperature can cause damage to your irrigation system ranging from slight inconveniences to major disasters. Your sure bet is to simply have Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis winterize your sprinkler system. Call us today at (314) 450-0342 or contact us online. Here are examples of what could occur if you elect to skip winterizing or try doing it yourself in Sunset Hills, MO:
- Cracked/Leaking Pipes and Fittings
- Water bubbling up from the ground between sprinkler heads when the system is on
- Flooded areas between sprinklers
- Very wet or soft areas
- Ground depressions
- Sprinkler heads barely spraying or haphazardly shooting water and not popping all the way up
- Sprinkler line spraying dirty water
- Mushrooms growing in a specific patch
- Water meter running when the system is off and no water is being used in the home
- Broken Sprinkler Heads
- Busted Backflow Devices and Valves
If an irrigation system isn’t properly winterized in Sunset Hills, MO, water will remain in the pipes all winter. When that water freezes, everything in your sprinkler system is at risk of cracking, leaking, and/or bursting.
Signs you have a leaking or cracked pipe in your Sunset Hills, MO irrigation system are:
When water freezes in sprinkler heads, they easily break under the pressure. A broken sprinkler head in the springtime is no way to start the season.
Much like sprinkler heads and pipes, your anti-siphon devices, valves and even backflows can be majorly damaged by ice and might be irreparable and need to be replaced. Even if a part isn’t cracked or broken right away, it might show damage at a later date in Sunset Hills, MO, causing splits or leaks.
How Do You Prevent These Damages to Your Sprinkler System in Sunset Hills, MO?
The ideal way for avoiding these problems in Sunset Hills, MO is prevention. If you haven’t begun talking or thinking about winterizing, now is the time. Call Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis now at (314) 450-0342 or contact us online.
Contact Us Today to Winterize Your Sunset Hills, MO Sprinkler System | Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis
Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis is dedicated to delivering notable results and we are as passionate about lawn care as you are about owning an amazing lawn. We are the lawn care company in Sunset Hills, MO that will provide the service and products you need, right when you need them. We know both the Sunset Hills, MO and St. Louis areas – the weather, what type of grass grows best, and the specific irrigation patterns – but, most important of all, we know the neighborhoods, the people in the them, and their yards. We are one of you, after all.
If you are looking to winterize your Sunset Hills, MO sprinkler system, give Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis a call right away at (314) 450-0342 or contact us online.