Winterize Sprinkler System Clayton, MO
Winterize Sprinkler System Clayton, MO. With unpredictable and fairly harsh winters, the Clayton, MO area is not the place to leave sprinkler systems exposed and bare – susceptible to damage and cracks – in cold temperatures. The majority of irrigation pipes are made from rigid polyvinyl chloride (PVC) or flexible polyethylene. Under pressure, both of these types of material crack, tear, or even burst. If the water freezes inside the pipes, it expands and pushes against the pipes’ walls exerting too much pressure, causing the pipes to break. The sprinkler heads and valves are also not built to hold off the pressure from frozen water and might experience the same hardships as the pipes.
You certainly do not look forward to this happening in Clayton, MO, as the harm is expensive and widespread, which is precisely why you should turn to Lawn Sprinklers St. Louis to winterize your sprinkler system. Call us as soon as possible at (314) 450-0342 or reach out to us online to book an appointment.
Why Select Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis To Winterize My Sprinkler System in Clayton, MO?
We are a local, family-owned and operated company with decades of experience in the Clayton, MO irrigation industry. Our primary goal is to provide the best possible service to our clients and ensure that all our work is finished safely and in a timely manner. We have been providing the St. Louis and Clayton, MO neighborhoods with premier lawn care services for more than 30 years.
We are your complete lawn care company. In addition to being the go-to choice for winterizing your Clayton, MO sprinkler system, Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis provides the following services:
- Licensed Backflow Tester Near Me
- Local Lawn Care
- Irrigation Companies
- Lawn Fertilizer Service Near Me
- Lawn Aeration Near Me
- Sprinkler System Installation
- Outdoor Landscape Lighting
- Spring Lawn Care
- Sprinkler System Startup
How Does Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis Winterize My Clayton, MO Sprinkler System?
You ensure your car’s radiator is full of antifreeze, you tune-up your Clayton, MO home’s furnace, and you stow away lawn equipment for the winter – so why not have your sprinkler system professionally winterized? Winterizing is the perfect way to protect the investment in your irrigation system and it makes sure that the system is raring to go, set to maintain your plush, green lawn, the minute spring hits in Clayton, MO. Make sure to have a specialist at Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis winterize your system. We follow a step-by-step process which includes:
- Closing the water supply – One of our talented technicians will shut off the water supply and attach an air compressor to the system’s main water line. The air compressor is essential for the favored way to remove water from a sprinkler system in the Clayton, MO area, which is frequently referred to as the blowout method.
- Draining the system – Our Clayton, MO sprinkler system specialists will use the compressed air to push the water out of your irrigation system. The blowout method calls for a high level of air pressure – 40 to 80 pounds per square inch (psi) is ideal, with 80 psi being the maximum for rigid PVC pipe and 50 psi for polyethylene pipe. This is yet another reason why it is vital that a professional from Lawn Sprinklers in St. Louis performs this job.
- Deactivating the controller – After draining the unit, our specialists will turn off the controller. Every controller differs, and whether or not it needs to be simply “switched off” or unplugged and stored depends on the brand. Our staff has in-depth knowledge of and hands-on experience with numerous brands of controllers, such as:
- Rain Bird ESP-Me Controller
- Rain Bird Esp-Smte Controller
- Hunter HC Hydrawise Wifi Modular Controller
- Hunter Pro-Hc Wifi Hydrawise Wifi Controller
- Toro Evolution Controller
- RainMachine Touch Wifi Controller
- Insulating the system – Our team’s final step is to cover all the system’s components above ground with insulation tape, foam covers, or perhaps insulation blankets to prevent them from cracking and freezing in Clayton, MO. This includes:
- The main water supply shutoff valve
- Backflow preventers – ensuring we leave air vents open
- Exposed parts of the pipes
What Happens If I Don’t Use Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis to Winterize My Sprinkler System in Clayton, MO?
If you make the decision to skip the winterization process in Clayton, MO, the drastic drop in temperature can bring about damage to your sprinkler system ranging from minor inconveniences to a full-blow disaster. Your best bet is to just have Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis winterize your sprinkler system. Call us now at (314) 450-0342 or reach out to us online. Here’s what could occur if you decide to skip winterizing or attempt doing it yourself in Clayton, MO:
- Cracked/Leaking Fitting and Pipes
- When the system is on, water bubbles up from the ground between sprinkler heads
- Flooded areas between sprinklers
- Very wet or soft areas
- Ground depressions
- Sprinkler heads not popping all the way up, and barely spraying or haphazardly shooting water
- Sprinkler line spraying dirty water
- Mushrooms growing in a specific patch
- Water meter running when the system is off and no water is being used in the home
- Broken Sprinkler Heads
- Busted Backflow Devices and Valves
If an irrigation system isn’t properly winterized in Clayton, MO, water will remain in the pipes all winter. When that water freezes, everything in your irrigation system is at risk of leaking, cracking, and/or bursting.
Indications you have a leaking or cracked pipe in your Clayton, MO irrigation system are:
Sprinkler heads easily break from the pressure of water freezing. A broken sprinkler head in the springtime is not the best way to start the season.
Similarly to pipes and sprinkler heads, your valves, anti-siphon devices and even backflows can be majorly damaged by ice and might be irreparable and need to be replaced. Even if something isn’t broken or cracked right away, it might show damage at a later date in Clayton, MO, causing splits or leaks.
How Do You Prevent These Damages to Your Clayton, MO Sprinkler System?
The ideal way for avoiding these hazards in Clayton, MO is prevention. If you haven’t started talking or thinking about winterizing, now is the time. Give Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis a call now at (314) 450-0342 or reach out to us online.
Reach Out Now to Winterize Your Clayton, MO Sprinkler System | Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis
Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis is devoted to delivering notable results and we are as passionate about lawn care as you are about owning an amazing lawn. We are the lawn care company in Clayton, MO that will provide the products and service you need, right when you need them. We know both the Clayton, MO and St. Louis areas – the weather, what kind of grass grows best, and the specific irrigation patterns – but, best of all, we know the neighborhoods, the residents, and their yards. After all, we are one of you.