Winterize Sprinkler System Maryland Heights, MO
Winterize Sprinkler System Maryland Heights, MO. With unpredictable and rather harsh winters, the Maryland Heights, MO area is not the place to leave sprinkler systems bare and exposed – susceptible to damage and cracks – in frigid temperatures. Most sprinkler system pipes are made from rigid polyvinyl chloride (PVC) or flexible polyethylene. Under pressure, both of these types of material crack, tear, or even burst. If water freezes inside the pipes, it will expand and push out against the pipes’ walls applying too much pressure, causing the pipes to break. The sprinkler valves and heads also are not designed to hold off the pressure from frozen water and could experience the same hardships as the pipes.
You certainly do not want this to happen in Maryland Heights, MO, as the harm is expensive and widespread, which is precisely why you should turn to Lawn Sprinklers St. Louis to winterize your sprinkler system. Give us a call as soon as possible at (314) 450-0342 or contact us online to make an appointment.
Why Choose Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis To Winterize My Sprinkler System in Maryland Heights, MO?
We are a family-owned and operated, local business with decades of experience in the Maryland Heights, MO irrigation industry. Our primary goal is to supply the best possible service to our customers and make sure that all of our work is completed in a timely manner and safely. We have been providing the St. Louis and Maryland Heights, MO neighborhoods with top quality lawn care services for over 30 years.
We are your complete lawn care company. Along with being the go-to choice for winterizing your Maryland Heights, MO sprinkler system, Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis offers the following services:
- Licensed Backflow Tester Near Me
- Local Lawn Care
- Irrigation Companies
- Lawn Fertilizer Service Near Me
- Lawn Aeration Near Me
- Sprinkler System Installation
- Outdoor Landscape Lighting
- Spring Lawn Care
- Sprinkler System Startup
How Does Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis Winterize My Maryland Heights, MO Sprinkler System?
You check to make sure your vehicle’s radiator is full of antifreeze, you have your Maryland Heights, MO home’s furnace tuned-up, and you store your lawn equipment indoors for the winter – so why not professionally winterize your sprinkler system? Winterizing is the perfect way to protect the investment in your irrigation system and it ensures that the system is ready to go, set to keep your lawn looking luxurious, as soon as spring hits in Maryland Heights, MO. Be sure to have a professional at Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis winterize your system. We follow a step-by-step process which includes:
- Closing the water supply – One of our talented technicians will close off the water supply and attach an air compressor to your system. The air compressor is a necessity for the favored method to remove water from a sprinkler system in the Maryland Heights, MO area, which is frequently referred to as the blowout method.
- Draining the system – Our Maryland Heights, MO sprinkler system specialists will use the compressed air to force the water out of your irrigation system. The blowout method calls for a high level of air pressure – 40 to 80 pounds per square inch (psi) is ideal, with 80 psi being the maximum for rigid PVC pipe and 50 psi for polyethylene pipe. This is yet another reason why it is vital that a professional from Lawn Sprinklers in St. Louis performs this job.
- Deactivating the controller – After draining the unit, our specialists will turn off the controller. Every controller is different, and whether or not it needs to be unplugged and stored or simply “switched off” depends on the brand. Our staff has in-depth knowledge of and hands-on experience with multiple brands of controllers, such as:
- Rain Bird ESP-Me Controller
- Rain Bird Esp-Smte Controller
- Hunter HC Hydrawise Wifi Modular Controller
- Hunter Pro-Hc Wifi Hydrawise Wifi Controller
- Toro Evolution Controller
- RainMachine Touch Wifi Controller
- Insulating the system – Our staff’s last step is to enclose all the sprinkler parts above ground with foam covers, insulation tape, or perhaps insulation blankets to keep them from freezing and cracking in Maryland Heights, MO. This includes:
- The shutoff valve at the main water supply
- Backflow preventers – ensuring we leave air vents open
- Exposed parts of the pipes
What Happens If I Don’t Have Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis Winterize My Maryland Heights, MO Sprinkler System?
If you decide to skip the winterization process in Maryland Heights, MO, plummeting temperatures can bring about damage to your irrigation system ranging from small inconveniences to major disasters. Your sure bet is to simply have Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis winterize your sprinkler system. Call us now at (314) 450-0342 or contact us online. Here’s what could happen if you elect to skip winterizing or try doing it yourself in Maryland Heights, MO:
- Leaking/Cracked Pipes and Fittings
- Water bubbling up from the ground between sprinkler heads when the system is on
- Flooded areas between sprinklers
- Very wet or soft areas
- Ground depressions
- Sprinkler heads not popping all the way up, and barely spraying or haphazardly shooting water
- Dirty water spraying from the sprinkler line
- Mushrooms growing in a specific patch
- Water meter running when the system is off and no water is being used in the home
- Broken Sprinkler Heads
- Busted Valves and Backflow Devices
If an irrigation system isn’t properly winterized in Maryland Heights, MO, water will remain in the pipes all winter. When that water freezes, everything in your irrigation system is at risk of leaking, cracking, and/or bursting.
Indications you have a cracked or leaking pipe in your Maryland Heights, MO sprinkler system are:
When water freezes in sprinkler heads, they easily break under the pressure. A broken sprinkler head in the springtime is no way to start the season.
Similarly to sprinkler heads and pipes, your valves, anti-siphon devices and even backflows can be seriously damaged by ice and might be irreparable and need to be replaced. Even if a part isn’t broken or cracked right away, it might show damage at a later date in Maryland Heights, MO, causing splits or leaks.
How Do You Prevent These Damages to Your Sprinkler System in Maryland Heights, MO?
The best technique for steering clear of these hazards in Maryland Heights, MO is prevention. If you haven’t begun thinking about winterizing, now is the time. Call Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis today at (314) 450-0342 or reach out to us online.
Contact Us Today to Winterize Your Sprinkler System in Maryland Heights, MO | Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis
Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis is dedicated to delivering notable results and we are as passionate about lawn care as you are about owning an amazing lawn. We are the lawn care company in Maryland Heights, MO that will provide the products and service you need, when you need them. We know both the Maryland Heights, MO and St. Louis areas – the weather, what type of grass grows best, and the right irrigation patterns – but, most important of all, we know the neighborhoods, the residents, and their yards. After all, we are one of you.
If you are looking to winterize your Maryland Heights, MO sprinkler system, give Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis a call right away at (314) 450-0342 or contact us online.