Winterize Sprinkler System Manchester, MO
Winterize Sprinkler System Manchester, MO. With unpredictable and fairly harsh winters, the Manchester, MO area is not the place to leave sprinkler systems bare and exposed – susceptible to damage and cracks – in frigid temperatures. The majority of irrigation pipes are made from rigid polyvinyl chloride (PVC) or flexible polyethylene. Under pressure, both of these types of material crack, tear, or even burst. If the water freezes inside the pipes, it will expand and push out against the pipes’ walls exerting far too much pressure, causing the pipes to break. The sprinkler heads and valves are also not developed to withstand the pressure from frozen water and could experience the same hardships as the pipes.
You certainly do not want this to happen in Manchester, MO, as the harm is widespread and costly, which is precisely the reason you should turn to Lawn Sprinklers St. Louis to winterize your sprinkler system. Call us now at (314) 450-0342 or reach out to us online to make an appointment.
Why Pick Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis To Winterize My Sprinkler System in Manchester, MO?
We are a local, family-owned and operated company with years of experience in the Manchester, MO irrigation industry. Our main goal is to provide the best possible service to our clients and guarantee that all of our work is done safely and in a timely manner. We have been supplying the St. Louis and Manchester, MO neighborhoods with premier lawn care services for over 30 years.
We are your complete lawn care company. In addition to being the go-to choice for winterizing your sprinkler system in Manchester, MO, Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis provides the following services:
- Irrigation Companies
- Lawn Fertilizer Service Near Me
- Lawn Aeration Near Me
- Sprinkler System Installation
- Outdoor Landscape Lighting
- Spring Lawn Care
- Sprinkler System Startup
- Lawn Care Service
- Dewinterize Sprinkler System
How Does Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis Winterize My Sprinkler System in Manchester, MO?
You check to make sure your car’s radiator is full of antifreeze, you have your Manchester, MO home’s furnace tuned-up, and you stow away lawn equipment for the winter season – so why not have your sprinkler system professionally winterized? Winterizing is the best way to protect the investment in your irrigation system and it ensures that the system is ready to go, set to keep your lawn looking luxurious, the minute spring hits in Manchester, MO. Be sure to have a specialist at Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis winterize your system. We follow a step-by-step procedure which includes:
- Closing the water supply – One of our talented technicians will extinguish the water supply and attach an air compressor to your system’s main water line. The air compressor is required for the favored way to remove water from a sprinkler system in the Manchester, MO area, which is often called the blowout method.
- Draining the system – Our Manchester, MO sprinkler system specialists will use compressed air to force the water out of your irrigation system. The air pressure must be high enough – 40 to 80 pounds per square inch (psi) is ideal, with 80 psi being the maximum for rigid PVC pipe and 50 psi for polyethylene pipe – another reason why it is important that a professional from Lawn Sprinklers in St. Louis does this.
- Deactivating the controller – Our specialists will turn off the controller, after draining the unit. Each controller differs, and whether or not it needs to be simply “switched off” or unplugged and stored is dependant upon the brand. Our team has in-depth knowledge of and hands-on experience with multiple brands of controllers, such as:
- Rain Bird ESP-Me Controller
- Rain Bird Esp-Smte Controller
- Hunter HC Hydrawise Wifi Modular Controller
- Hunter Pro-Hc Wifi Hydrawise Wifi Controller
- Toro Evolution Controller
- RainMachine Touch Wifi Controller
- Insulating the system – Our team’s final step is to shield all the sprinkler parts above ground with foam covers, insulation tape, or maybe even insulation blankets to prevent them from cracking and freezing in Manchester, MO. This includes:
- The main water supply shutoff valve
- Backflow preventers – making sure to keep air vents open
- Exposed parts of the pipes
What Happens If I Do Not Use Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis to Winterize My Sprinkler System in Manchester, MO?
If you make the decision to skip the winterization procedure in Manchester, MO, the drastic drop in temperature can cause damage to your sprinkler system ranging from slight inconveniences to a full-blow disaster. Your sure bet is to just have Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis winterize your sprinkler system. Call us today at (314) 450-0342 or reach out to us online. Here’s what could happen if you decide to skip winterizing or try doing it yourself in Manchester, MO:
- Cracked/Leaking Fitting and Pipes
- Water bubbling up from the ground between sprinkler heads when the system is on
- Flooded areas between sprinklers
- Very wet or soft areas
- Ground depressions
- Sprinkler heads barely spraying or haphazardly shooting water and not popping all the way up
- Sprinkler line spraying dirty water
- Mushrooms growing in a specific patch
- Water meter running when the system is off and no water is being used in the home
- Broken Sprinkler Heads
- Busted Backflow Devices and Valves
If an irrigation system isn’t properly winterized in Manchester, MO, water will remain in the pipes all winter. When that water freezes, everything in your sprinkler system is in danger of cracking, leaking, and/or bursting.
Indications you have a leaking or cracked pipe in your Manchester, MO sprinkler system include:
When water freezes in sprinkler heads, they easily break under the pressure. A broken sprinkler head in the springtime is not the best way to start the season.
Much like pipes and sprinkler heads, your anti-siphon devices, valves and even backflows can be severely damaged by ice and could be irreparable and might need to be replaced. Even if a part isn’t broken or cracked right away, it might show damage at a later date in Manchester, MO, causing leaks or breaks.
How Do You Prevent These Damages to Your Manchester, MO Sprinkler System?
The best technique for avoiding these problems in Manchester, MO is prevention. If you have not started thinking about winterizing, now is the time. Call Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis now at (314) 450-0342 or reach out to us online.
Reach Out Today to Winterize Your Manchester, MO Sprinkler System | Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis
Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis is dedicated to delivering notable results and we are as passionate about lawn care as you are about having an amazing lawn. We are the lawn care business in Manchester, MO that will provide the products and service you need, when you need them. We know both the Manchester, MO and St. Louis areas – the weather fluctuations, what type of grass grows best, and the specific irrigation patterns – but, best of all, we know the neighborhoods, the people in the them, and their yards. After all, we are one of you.