Winterize Sprinkler System Country Life Acres, MO
Winterize Sprinkler System Country Life Acres, MO. With unpredictable and fairly harsh winters, the Country Life Acres, MO area is not the place to leave sprinkler systems exposed and bare – susceptible to damage and cracks – in frigid temperatures. The majority of irrigation pipes are made from rigid polyvinyl chloride (PVC) or flexible polyethylene. Under pressure, both of these types of material crack, tear, or even burst. If water freezes inside the pipes, it will expand and push out against the pipes’ walls exerting far too much pressure, causing the pipes to break. The sprinkler valves and heads are also not developed to hold off the pressure from frozen water and might suffer the same fate as the pipes.
You certainly do not want this to happen in Country Life Acres, MO, as the harm is widespread and costly, which is exactly why you need to turn to Lawn Sprinklers St. Louis to winterize your sprinkler system. Call us now at (314) 450-0342 or contact us online to make an appointment.
Why Choose Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis To Winterize My Country Life Acres, MO Sprinkler System?
We are a local, family-owned and operated business with decades of experience in the Country Life Acres, MO irrigation industry. Our primary goal is to provide the best service possible to our clients and guarantee that all of our work is finished safely and in a timely manner. We have been providing the St. Louis and Country Life Acres, MO neighborhoods with premier lawn care services for over 30 years.
We are your complete lawn care specialists. Along with being the go-to choice for winterizing your sprinkler system in Country Life Acres, MO, Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis offers the following services:
- Licensed Backflow Tester Near Me
- Local Lawn Care
- Irrigation Companies
- Lawn Fertilizer Service Near Me
- Lawn Aeration Near Me
- Sprinkler System Installation
- Outdoor Landscape Lighting
- Spring Lawn Care
- Sprinkler System Startup
How Does Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis Winterize My Sprinkler System in Country Life Acres, MO?
You ensure your vehicle’s radiator is full of antifreeze, you tune-up your Country Life Acres, MO home’s furnace, and you store your lawn equipment indoors for the winter season – so why not have your sprinkler system professionally winterized? Winterizing is the best way to protect the investment in your irrigation system and it ensures that the system is raring to go, set to keep your lawn looking luxurious, as soon as spring starts in Country Life Acres, MO. Be sure to have a professional at Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis winterize your system. We follow a step-by-step process which includes:
- Closing the water supply – One of our skilled specialists will extinguish the water line and attach an air compressor to the system’s main water line. The air compressor is required for the preferred way to remove water from a sprinkler system in the Country Life Acres, MO area, which is often called the blowout method.
- Draining the system – Our Country Life Acres, MO sprinkler system specialists will use compressed air to push the water out of your irrigation system. The blowout method calls for a high level of air pressure – 40 to 80 pounds per square inch (psi) is ideal, with 80 psi being the maximum for rigid PVC pipe and 50 psi for polyethylene pipe. This is yet another reason why it is vital that a professional from Lawn Sprinklers in St. Louis performs this job.
- Deactivating the controller – Our specialists will turn off the controller, after draining the unit. Every controller is different, and whether or not it needs to be unplugged and stored or simply “switched off” is dependant upon the brand. Our staff has in-depth knowledge of and hands-on experience with multiple brands of controllers, including:
- Rain Bird ESP-Me Controller
- Rain Bird Esp-Smte Controller
- Hunter HC Hydrawise Wifi Modular Controller
- Hunter Pro-Hc Wifi Hydrawise Wifi Controller
- Toro Evolution Controller
- RainMachine Touch Wifi Controller
- Insulating the system – Our staff’s last step is to shield all the sprinkler parts above ground with insulation tape, foam covers, or perhaps insulation blankets to restrict them from cracking and freezing in Country Life Acres, MO. This includes:
- The main water supply shutoff valve
- Backflow preventers – ensuring we leave air vents open
- Exposed parts of the pipes
What Occurs If I Don’t Have Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis Winterize My Sprinkler System in Country Life Acres, MO?
If you choose to skip the winterization process for your Country Life Acres, MO yard, the drastic drop in temperature can create damage to your sprinkler system ranging from small inconveniences to major disasters. Your best bet is to simply have Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis winterize your sprinkler system. Call us today at (314) 450-0342 or contact us online. Here’s what could happen if you elect to skip winterizing or attempt doing it yourself in Country Life Acres, MO:
- Leaking/Cracked Fitting and Pipes
- Water bubbling up from the ground between sprinkler heads when the system is on
- Flooded areas between sprinklers
- Very wet or soft areas
- Ground depressions
- Sprinkler heads barely spraying or haphazardly shooting water and not popping all the way up
- Dirty water spraying from the sprinkler line
- A specific patch of mushroom growth
- Water meter running when the system is off and no water is being used in the home
- Broken Sprinkler Heads
- Busted Valves and Backflow Devices
If an irrigation system is not properly winterized in Country Life Acres, MO, water will be left in the pipes all winter. When that water freezes, everything in your sprinkler system is at risk of cracking, leaking, and/or bursting.
Indications you have a cracked or leaking pipe in your Country Life Acres, MO irrigation system are:
Sprinkler heads easily break from the pressure of water freezing. A broken sprinkler head in the springtime is no way to start the season.
Much like sprinkler heads and pipes, your anti-siphon devices, valves and even backflows can be seriously damaged by ice and could be irreparable and might need to be replaced. Even if something isn’t cracked or broken right away, it could be damaged down the line in Country Life Acres, MO, causing splits or leaks.
How Do You Prevent These Damages to Your Country Life Acres, MO Sprinkler System?
The ideal method for avoiding these hazards in Country Life Acres, MO is prevention. If you have not started talking or thinking about winterizing, now is the time. Give Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis a call today at (314) 450-0342 or reach out to us online.
Contact Us Now to Winterize Your Country Life Acres, MO Sprinkler System | Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis
Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis is dedicated to delivering exceptional results and we are as passionate about lawn care as you are about owning an amazing lawn. We are the lawn care business in Country Life Acres, MO that will provide the products and service you need, right when you need them. We know both the Country Life Acres, MO and St. Louis areas – the weather, what kind of grass grows best, and the specific irrigation patterns – but, most important of all, we know the neighborhoods, the residents, and their yards. We are one of you, after all.
If you are looking to winterize your Country Life Acres, MO sprinkler system, give Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis a call right away at (314) 450-0342 or contact us online.