Winterize Sprinkler System Huntleigh, MO
Winterize Sprinkler System Huntleigh, MO. With unpredictable and fairly harsh winters, the Huntleigh, MO area is not the place to leave sprinkler systems bare and exposed – susceptible to damage and cracks – in cold temperatures. Most sprinkler system pipes are made from rigid polyvinyl chloride (PVC) or flexible polyethylene. Under pressure, both of these types of material crack, tear, or even burst. If water freezes inside the pipes, it will expand and push out against the pipes’ interior exerting too much pressure, causing the pipes to break. The sprinkler valves and heads are also not built to withstand the pressure from ice and might experience the same hardships as the pipes.
You definitely do not look forward to this happening in Huntleigh, MO, as the harm is expensive and widespread, which is exactly why you should turn to Lawn Sprinklers St. Louis to winterize your sprinkler system. Call us as soon as possible at (314) 450-0342 or reach out to us online to schedule an appointment.
Why Choose Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis To Winterize My Huntleigh, MO Sprinkler System?
We are a family-owned and operated, local company with years of experience in the Huntleigh, MO irrigation industry. Our main goal is to supply the best possible service to our customers and guarantee that all of our work is completed safely and in a timely manner. We have been supplying the St. Louis and Huntleigh, MO neighborhoods with top quality lawn care services for over 30 years.
We are your complete lawn care professionals. Along with being the go-to choice for winterizing your sprinkler system in Huntleigh, MO, Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis supplies the following services:
- Licensed Backflow Tester Near Me
- Local Lawn Care
- Irrigation Companies
- Lawn Fertilizer Service Near Me
- Lawn Aeration Near Me
- Sprinkler System Installation
- Outdoor Landscape Lighting
- Spring Lawn Care
- Sprinkler System Startup
How Does Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis Winterize My Sprinkler System in Huntleigh, MO?
You check to make sure your vehicle’s radiator is full of antifreeze, you tune-up your Huntleigh, MO home’s furnace, and you store your lawn equipment indoors for the winter season – so why not professionally winterize your sprinkler system? Winterizing is the ideal way to protect the investment in your irrigation system and it makes sure that the system is raring to go, set to keep your lawn looking luxurious, the minute spring starts in Huntleigh, MO. Be sure to have a specialist at Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis winterize your system. We follow a step-by-step procedure which includes:
- Closing the water supply – One of our talented technicians will close off the water supply and attach an air compressor to your system’s main water line. The air compressor is a necessity for the preferred way to remove water from a sprinkler system in the Huntleigh, MO area, which is frequently referred to as the blowout method.
- Draining the system – Our Huntleigh, MO sprinkler system specialists will use compressed air to force the water out of your irrigation system. The blowout method calls for a high level of air pressure – 40 to 80 pounds per square inch (psi) is ideal, with 80 psi being the maximum for rigid PVC pipe and 50 psi for polyethylene pipe. This is yet another reason why it is vital that a professional from Lawn Sprinklers in St. Louis performs this job.
- Deactivating the controller – Our specialists will turn off the controller, after draining the unit. Every controller is different, and whether or not it needs to be unplugged and stored or simply “switched off” is dependant upon the brand. Our staff has in-depth knowledge of and hands-on experience with numerous brands of controllers, such as:
- Rain Bird ESP-Me Controller
- Rain Bird Esp-Smte Controller
- Hunter HC Hydrawise Wifi Modular Controller
- Hunter Pro-Hc Wifi Hydrawise Wifi Controller
- Toro Evolution Controller
- RainMachine Touch Wifi Controller
- Insulating the system – Our staff’s final step is to enclose all the sprinkler parts above ground with foam covers, insulation tape, or perhaps insulation blankets to restrict them from freezing and cracking in Huntleigh, MO. This includes:
- The main water supply shutoff valve
- Backflow preventers – making sure to keep air vents open
- Exposed parts of the pipes
What Happens If I Don’t Use Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis to Winterize My Huntleigh, MO Sprinkler System?
If you make the decision to skip the winterization process in Huntleigh, MO, plummeting temperatures can cause damage to your irrigation system ranging from minor inconveniences to major disasters. Your sure bet is to just have Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis winterize your sprinkler system. Call us now at (314) 450-0342 or reach out to us online. Here are examples of what could happen if you elect to skip winterizing or try doing it yourself in Huntleigh, MO:
- Cracked/Leaking Fitting and Pipes
- When the system is on, water bubbles up from the ground between sprinkler heads
- Flooded areas between sprinklers
- Very wet or soft areas
- Ground depressions
- Sprinkler heads not popping all the way up, and barely spraying or haphazardly shooting water
- Dirty water spraying from the sprinkler line
- Mushrooms growing in a specific patch
- With the system off and no water being used in the house, water meter is still running
- Broken Sprinkler Heads
- Busted Valves and Backflow Devices
If an irrigation system isn’t properly winterized in Huntleigh, MO, water will be left in the pipes all winter. When that water freezes, everything in your irrigation system is in danger of leaking, cracking, and/or bursting.
Signs you have a cracked or leaking pipe in your Huntleigh, MO sprinkler system are:
When water freezes in sprinkler heads, they easily break under the pressure. A broken sprinkler head in the springtime is not the best way to start the season.
Much like pipes and sprinkler heads, your valves, anti-siphon devices and even backflows can be seriously damaged by ice and might be irreparable and need to be replaced. Even if something isn’t broken or cracked right away, it could be damaged at a later date in Huntleigh, MO, causing leaks or breaks.
How Do You Prevent These Damages to Your Huntleigh, MO Sprinkler System?
The best method for avoiding these problems in Huntleigh, MO is prevention. If you have not begun talking or thinking about winterizing, now is the time. Give Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis a call today at (314) 450-0342 or reach out to us online.
Contact Us Today to Winterize Your Sprinkler System in Huntleigh, MO | Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis
Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis is dedicated to delivering notable results and we are as passionate about lawn care as you are about having an amazing lawn. We are the lawn care business in Huntleigh, MO that will provide the products and service you need, when you need them. We know both the Huntleigh, MO and St. Louis areas – the weather fluctuations, what kind of grass grows best, and the specific irrigation patterns – but, most important of all, we know the neighborhoods, the residents, and their yards. After all, we are one of you.
If you are looking to winterize your Huntleigh, MO sprinkler system, call Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis right away at (314) 450-0342 or contact us online.