Winterize Sprinkler System O'Fallon, MO
Winterize Sprinkler System O'Fallon, MO. With unpredictable and fairly harsh winters, the O'Fallon, MO area is not the place to leave sprinkler systems exposed and bare – susceptible to damage and cracks – in frigid temperatures. Most sprinkler system pipes are made from rigid polyvinyl chloride (PVC) or flexible polyethylene. Under pressure, both of these types of material crack, tear, or even burst. If the water freezes inside the pipes, it will expand and push out against the pipes’ interior exerting too much pressure, causing the pipes to break. The sprinkler heads and valves are also not developed to hold off the pressure from ice and could experience the same hardships as the pipes.
You definitely do not want this to happen in O'Fallon, MO, as the damage is expensive and widespread, which is exactly the reason you should turn to Lawn Sprinklers St. Louis to winterize your sprinkler system. Give us a call now at (314) 450-0342 or contact us online to make an appointment.
Why Pick Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis To Winterize My O'Fallon, MO Sprinkler System?
We are a local, family-owned and operated company with decades of experience in the O'Fallon, MO irrigation industry. Our primary goal is to supply the best service possible to our clients and ensure that all of our work is done in a timely manner and safely. We have been providing the St. Louis and O'Fallon, MO neighborhoods with premier lawn care services for more than 30 years.
We are your complete lawn care company. Along with being the go-to choice for winterizing your sprinkler system in O'Fallon, MO, Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis provides the following services:
- Licensed Backflow Tester Near Me
- Local Lawn Care
- Irrigation Companies
- Lawn Fertilizer Service Near Me
- Lawn Aeration Near Me
- Sprinkler System Installation
- Outdoor Landscape Lighting
- Spring Lawn Care
- Sprinkler System Startup
How Does Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis Winterize My O'Fallon, MO Sprinkler System?
You check to make sure your vehicle’s radiator is topped off with antifreeze, you tune-up your O'Fallon, MO home’s furnace, and you stow away lawn equipment for the winter season – so why not have your sprinkler system professionally winterized? Winterizing is the best way to protect the investment in your irrigation system and it ensures that the system is ready to go, set to maintain your plush, green lawn, as soon as spring starts in O'Fallon, MO. Make sure to have a professional at Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis winterize your system. We follow a step-by-step procedure which includes:
- Closing the water supply – One of our skilled specialists will close off the water supply and attach an air compressor to the system’s main water line. The air compressor is a necessity for the common method to remove water from a sprinkler system in the O'Fallon, MO area, which is frequently referred to as the blowout method.
- Draining the system – Our O'Fallon, MO sprinkler system specialists will use compressed air to push the water out of your irrigation system. The air pressure must be high enough – 40 to 80 pounds per square inch (psi) is ideal, with 80 psi being the maximum for rigid PVC pipe and 50 psi for polyethylene pipe – another reason why it is important that a professional from Lawn Sprinklers in St. Louis does this.
- Deactivating the controller – Our specialists will turn off the controller, after draining the unit. Each controller is different, and whether or not it needs to be simply “switched off” or unplugged and stored is dependant upon the brand. Our staff has in-depth knowledge of and hands-on experience with a variety of brands of controllers, including:
- Rain Bird ESP-Me Controller
- Rain Bird Esp-Smte Controller
- Hunter HC Hydrawise Wifi Modular Controller
- Hunter Pro-Hc Wifi Hydrawise Wifi Controller
- Toro Evolution Controller
- RainMachine Touch Wifi Controller
- Insulating the system – Our staff’s final step is to cover all the system’s components above ground with foam covers, insulation tape, or maybe even insulation blankets to restrict them from cracking and freezing in O'Fallon, MO. This includes:
- The shutoff valve at the main water supply
- Backflow preventers – making sure to leave air vents open
- Exposed parts of the pipes
What Occurs If I Do Not Have Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis Winterize My Sprinkler System in O'Fallon, MO?
If you make the decision to skip the winterization process for your O'Fallon, MO yard, the drastic drop in temperature can bring about damage to your sprinkler system ranging from slight inconveniences to major disasters. Your sure bet is to simply have Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis winterize your sprinkler system. Give us a call now at (314) 450-0342 or contact us online. Here’s what could occur if you elect to skip winterizing or try doing it yourself in O'Fallon, MO:
- Cracked/Leaking Pipes and Fittings
- When the system is on, water bubbles up from the ground between sprinkler heads
- Flooded areas between sprinklers
- Very wet or soft areas
- Ground depressions
- Sprinkler heads not popping all the way up, and barely spraying or haphazardly shooting water
- Sprinkler line spraying dirty water
- A specific patch of mushroom growth
- Water meter running when the system is off and no water is being used in the home
- Broken Sprinkler Heads
- Busted Valves and Backflow Devices
If a sprinkler system isn’t properly winterized in O'Fallon, MO, water will remain in the pipes all winter. When that water freezes, everything in your sprinkler system is at risk of leaking, cracking, and/or bursting.
Signs you have a cracked or leaking pipe in your O'Fallon, MO irrigation system are:
Sprinkler heads easily break from the pressure of water freezing. A broken sprinkler head in the springtime is no way to start the season.
Much like pipes and sprinkler heads, your anti-siphon devices, valves and even backflows can be majorly mangled by ice and might be irreparable and need to be replaced. Even if a part isn’t cracked or broken right away, it could be damaged down the line in O'Fallon, MO, causing splits or leaks.
How Do You Prevent These Damages to Your O'Fallon, MO Sprinkler System?
The ideal way for steering clear of these issues in O'Fallon, MO is prevention. If you haven’t started thinking about winterizing, now is the time. Call Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis today at (314) 450-0342 or reach out to us online.
Contact Us Now to Winterize Your Sprinkler System in O'Fallon, MO | Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis
Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis is dedicated to delivering notable results and we are as passionate about lawn care as you are about having an amazing lawn. We are the lawn care company in O'Fallon, MO that will provide the service and products you need, when you need them. We know both the O'Fallon, MO and St. Louis areas – the weather, what type of grass grows best, and the specific irrigation patterns – but, most important of all, we know the neighborhoods, the people in the them, and their yards. After all, we are one of you.
If you are looking to winterize your O'Fallon, MO sprinkler system, call Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis right now at (314) 450-0342 or contact us online.