Winterize Sprinkler System Chesterfield, MO
Winterize Sprinkler System Chesterfield, MO. With unpredictable and rather harsh winters, the Chesterfield, MO area is not the place to leave sprinkler systems exposed and bare – susceptible to damage and cracks – in cold temperatures. Most sprinkler system pipes are made from rigid polyvinyl chloride (PVC) or flexible polyethylene. Under pressure, both of these types of material crack, tear, or even burst. If the water freezes inside the pipes, it expands and pushes against the pipes’ walls exerting too much pressure, causing the pipes to break. The sprinkler valves and heads are also not developed to hold off the pressure from ice and may suffer the same fate as the pipes.
You certainly do not want this to happen in Chesterfield, MO, as the destruction is expensive and widespread, which is exactly why you should turn to Lawn Sprinklers St. Louis to winterize your sprinkler system. Call us as soon as possible at (314) 450-0342 or contact us online to schedule an appointment.
Why Choose Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis To Winterize My Chesterfield, MO Sprinkler System?
We are a local, family-owned and operated business with decades of experience in the Chesterfield, MO irrigation industry. Our main goal is to provide the best service possible to our clients and guarantee that all of our work is done safely and in a timely manner. We have been providing the St. Louis and Chesterfield, MO neighborhoods with top quality lawn care services for over 30 years.
We are your complete lawn care professionals. In addition to being the go-to choice for winterizing your Chesterfield, MO sprinkler system, Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis supplies the following services:
- Licensed Backflow Tester Near Me
- Local Lawn Care
- Irrigation Companies
- Lawn Fertilizer Service Near Me
- Lawn Aeration Near Me
- Sprinkler System Installation
- Outdoor Landscape Lighting
- Spring Lawn Care
- Sprinkler System Startup
How Does Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis Winterize My Chesterfield, MO Sprinkler System?
You ensure your vehicle’s radiator is full of antifreeze, you tune-up your Chesterfield, MO home’s furnace, and you store your lawn equipment indoors for the winter season – so why not professionally winterize your sprinkler system? Winterizing is the ideal way to protect the investment in your irrigation system and it ensures that the system is raring to go, set to maintain your plush, green lawn, as soon as spring starts in Chesterfield, MO. Be sure to have a professional at Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis winterize your system. We follow a step-by-step process which includes:
- Closing the water supply – One of our skilled specialists will close off the water line and attach an air compressor to the system’s main water line. The air compressor is a necessity for the favored method to remove water from a sprinkler system in the Chesterfield, MO area, which is frequently called the blowout method.
- Draining the system – Our Chesterfield, MO sprinkler system specialists will use the compressed air to force the water out of your irrigation system. The blowout method calls for a high level of air pressure – 40 to 80 pounds per square inch (psi) is ideal, with 80 psi being the maximum for rigid PVC pipe and 50 psi for polyethylene pipe. This is yet another reason why it is vital that a professional from Lawn Sprinklers in St. Louis performs this job.
- Deactivating the controller – After draining the unit, our specialists will turn off the controller. Each controller differs, and whether or not it needs to be unplugged and stored or simply “switched off” is dependant upon the brand. Our team has in-depth knowledge of and hands-on experience with a variety of brands of controllers, like:
- Rain Bird ESP-Me Controller
- Rain Bird Esp-Smte Controller
- Hunter HC Hydrawise Wifi Modular Controller
- Hunter Pro-Hc Wifi Hydrawise Wifi Controller
- Toro Evolution Controller
- RainMachine Touch Wifi Controller
- Insulating the system – Our staff’s final step is to shield all the sprinkler parts above ground with insulation tape, foam covers, or perhaps insulation blankets to restrict them from cracking and freezing in Chesterfield, MO. This includes:
- The main water supply shutoff valve
- Backflow preventers – making sure to keep air vents open
- Exposed parts of the pipes
What Happens If I Don’t Have Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis Winterize My Sprinkler System in Chesterfield, MO?
If you choose to skip the winterization procedure for your Chesterfield, MO yard, the drastic drop in temperature can create damage to your irrigation system ranging from slight inconveniences to a full-blow disaster. Your best bet is to simply have Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis winterize your sprinkler system. Call us now at (314) 450-0342 or contact us online. Here’s what could happen if you elect to skip winterizing or attempt doing it yourself in Chesterfield, MO:
- Cracked/Leaking Pipes and Fittings
- Water bubbling up from the ground between sprinkler heads when the system is on
- Flooded areas between sprinklers
- Very soft or wet areas
- Ground depressions
- Sprinkler heads barely spraying or haphazardly shooting water and not popping all the way up
- Sprinkler line spraying dirty water
- A specific patch of mushroom growth
- With the system off and no water being used in the house, water meter is still running
- Broken Sprinkler Heads
- Busted Valves and Backflow Devices
If an irrigation system is not properly winterized in Chesterfield, MO, water will be left in the pipes all winter. When that water freezes, everything in your sprinkler system is in danger of leaking, cracking, and/or bursting.
Indications you have a cracked or leaking pipe in your Chesterfield, MO sprinkler system are:
Sprinkler heads easily break from the pressure of water freezing. A broken sprinkler head in the springtime is no way to start the season.
Similarly to sprinkler heads and pipes, your valves, anti-siphon devices and even backflows can be majorly mangled by ice and could be irreparable and might need to be replaced. Even if something isn’t cracked or broken right away, it could be damaged down the line in Chesterfield, MO, causing splits or leaks.
How Do You Prevent These Damages to Your Chesterfield, MO Sprinkler System?
The best way for steering clear of these issues in Chesterfield, MO is prevention. If you haven’t started thinking about winterizing, now is the time. Give Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis a call now at (314) 450-0342 or reach out to us online.
Contact Us Today to Winterize Your Sprinkler System in Chesterfield, MO | Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis
Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis is dedicated to delivering exceptional results and we’re as passionate about lawn care as you are about owning an amazing lawn. We are the lawn care business in Chesterfield, MO that will provide the service and products you need, right when you need them. We know both the Chesterfield, MO and St. Louis areas – the weather fluctuations, what kind of grass grows best, and the right irrigation patterns – but, best of all, we know the neighborhoods, the people in the them, and their yards. After all, we are one of you.