Winterize Sprinkler System Rock Hill, MO
Winterize Sprinkler System Rock Hill, MO. With unpredictable and rather harsh winters, the Rock Hill, MO area is not the place to leave sprinkler systems bare and exposed – susceptible to damage and cracks – in cold temperatures. Most sprinkler system pipes are made from rigid polyvinyl chloride (PVC) or flexible polyethylene. Under pressure, both of these types of material crack, tear, or even burst. If the water freezes inside the pipes, it expands and pushes against the pipes’ walls applying too much pressure, causing the pipes to break. The sprinkler heads and valves are also not designed to hold off the pressure from frozen water and may experience the same hardships as the pipes.
You definitely do not want this to happen in Rock Hill, MO, as the destruction is expensive and widespread, which is precisely why you should turn to Lawn Sprinklers St. Louis to winterize your sprinkler system. Give us a call right away at (314) 450-0342 or reach out to us online to book an appointment.
Why Select Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis To Winterize My Rock Hill, MO Sprinkler System?
We are a family-owned and operated, local company with decades of experience in the Rock Hill, MO irrigation industry. Our primary goal is to provide the best service possible to our customers and guarantee that all of our work is completed safely and in a timely manner. We have been supplying the St. Louis and Rock Hill, MO neighborhoods with premier lawn care services for over 30 years.
We are your complete lawn care professionals. In addition to being the go-to choice for winterizing your sprinkler system in Rock Hill, MO, Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis offers the following services:
- Licensed Backflow Tester Near Me
- Local Lawn Care
- Irrigation Companies
- Lawn Fertilizer Service Near Me
- Lawn Aeration Near Me
- Sprinkler System Installation
- Outdoor Landscape Lighting
- Spring Lawn Care
- Sprinkler System Startup
How Does Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis Winterize My Rock Hill, MO Sprinkler System?
You check to make sure your car’s radiator is full of antifreeze, you tune-up your Rock Hill, MO home’s furnace, and you store your lawn equipment indoors for the winter – so why not professionally winterize your sprinkler system? Winterizing is the ideal way to protect the investment in your irrigation system and it ensures that the system is ready to go, set to maintain your plush, green lawn, the minute spring hits in Rock Hill, MO. Be sure to have a specialist at Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis winterize your system. We follow a step-by-step process which includes:
- Shutting down the water supply – One of our skilled specialists will shut off the water supply and attach an air compressor to the system’s main water line. The air compressor is essential for the preferred method to remove water from a sprinkler system in the Rock Hill, MO area, which is frequently called the blowout method.
- Draining the system – Our Rock Hill, MO sprinkler system specialists will use the compressed air to force the water out of your irrigation system. The air pressure must be high enough – 40 to 80 pounds per square inch (psi) is ideal, with 80 psi being the maximum for rigid PVC pipe and 50 psi for polyethylene pipe – another reason why it is important that a professional from Lawn Sprinklers in St. Louis does this.
- Deactivating the controller – After draining the unit, our specialists will turn off the controller. Every controller is different, and whether or not it needs to be unplugged and stored or simply “switched off” is dependant upon the brand. Our staff has in-depth knowledge of and hands-on experience with multiple brands of controllers, such as:
- Rain Bird ESP-Me Controller
- Rain Bird Esp-Smte Controller
- Hunter HC Hydrawise Wifi Modular Controller
- Hunter Pro-Hc Wifi Hydrawise Wifi Controller
- Toro Evolution Controller
- RainMachine Touch Wifi Controller
- Insulating the system – Our team’s last step is to enclose all the sprinkler parts above ground with insulation tape, foam covers, or maybe even insulation blankets to prevent them from cracking and freezing in Rock Hill, MO. This includes:
- The shutoff valve at the main water supply
- Backflow preventers – ensuring we keep air vents open
- Exposed parts of the pipes
What Happens If I Don’t Have Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis Winterize My Rock Hill, MO Sprinkler System?
If you make the decision to skip the winterization process in Rock Hill, MO, the drastic drop in temperature can create damage to your sprinkler system ranging from small inconveniences to major disasters. Your best bet is to simply have Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis winterize your sprinkler system. Call us now at (314) 450-0342 or reach out to us online. Here are examples of what could occur if you elect to skip winterizing or attempt doing it yourself in Rock Hill, MO:
- Cracked/Leaking Pipes and Fittings
- Water bubbling up from the ground between sprinkler heads when the system is on
- Flooded areas between sprinklers
- Very soft or wet areas
- Ground depressions
- Sprinkler heads barely spraying or haphazardly shooting water and not popping all the way up
- Sprinkler line spraying dirty water
- Mushrooms growing in a specific patch
- With the system off and no water being used in the house, water meter is still running
- Broken Sprinkler Heads
- Busted Valves and Backflow Devices
If an irrigation system isn’t properly winterized in Rock Hill, MO, water will be left in the pipes all winter. When that water freezes, everything in your sprinkler system is at risk of cracking, leaking, and/or bursting.
Signs you have a leaking or cracked pipe in your Rock Hill, MO sprinkler system include:
Sprinkler heads easily break from the pressure of water freezing. A broken sprinkler head in the springtime is not the best way to start the season.
Much like sprinkler heads and pipes, your anti-siphon devices, valves and even backflows can be severely mangled by ice and could be irreparable and might need to be replaced. Even if something isn’t cracked or broken right away, it could be damaged down the line in Rock Hill, MO, causing leaks or breaks.
How Do You Prevent These Damages to Your Sprinkler System in Rock Hill, MO?
The best method for steering clear of these problems in Rock Hill, MO is prevention. If you have not started thinking about winterizing, now is the time. Give Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis a call today at (314) 450-0342 or contact us online.
Reach Out Now to Winterize Your Rock Hill, MO Sprinkler System | Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis
Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis is committed to delivering exceptional results and we’re as passionate about lawn care as you are about owning an amazing lawn. We are the lawn care business in Rock Hill, MO that will provide the products and service you need, when you need them. We know both the Rock Hill, MO and St. Louis areas – the weather fluctuations, what type of grass grows best, and the right irrigation patterns – but, most important of all, we know the neighborhoods, the people in the them, and their yards. We are one of you, after all.