Winterize Sprinkler System Richmond Heights, MO
Winterize Sprinkler System Richmond Heights, MO. With unpredictable and rather harsh winters, the Richmond Heights, MO area is not the place to leave sprinkler systems exposed and bare – susceptible to damage and cracks – in frigid temperatures. The majority of irrigation pipes are made from rigid polyvinyl chloride (PVC) or flexible polyethylene. Under pressure, both of these types of material crack, tear, or even burst. If the water freezes inside the pipes, it will expand and push out against the pipes’ walls applying far too much pressure, causing the pipes to burst. The sprinkler valves and heads are also not designed to withstand the pressure from ice and could experience the same hardships as the pipes.
You certainly do not want this to happen in Richmond Heights, MO, as the destruction is expensive and widespread, which is exactly why you need to turn to Lawn Sprinklers St. Louis to winterize your sprinkler system. Give us a call right away at (314) 450-0342 or contact us online to schedule an appointment.
Why Select Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis To Winterize My Richmond Heights, MO Sprinkler System?
We are a local, family-owned and operated company with decades of experience in the Richmond Heights, MO irrigation industry. Our primary goal is to supply the best service possible to our clients and guarantee that all our work is done in a timely manner and safely. We have been providing the St. Louis and Richmond Heights, MO neighborhoods with top quality lawn care services for over 30 years.
We are your complete lawn care company. Along with being the go-to choice for winterizing your sprinkler system in Richmond Heights, MO, Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis offers the following services:
- Licensed Backflow Tester Near Me
- Local Lawn Care
- Irrigation Companies
- Lawn Fertilizer Service Near Me
- Lawn Aeration Near Me
- Sprinkler System Installation
- Outdoor Landscape Lighting
- Spring Lawn Care
- Sprinkler System Startup
How Does Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis Winterize My Richmond Heights, MO Sprinkler System?
You check to make sure your vehicle’s radiator is topped off with antifreeze, you have your Richmond Heights, MO home’s furnace tuned-up, and you stow away lawn equipment for the winter season – so why not have your sprinkler system professionally winterized? Winterizing is the perfect way to protect the investment in your irrigation system and it makes sure that the system is raring to go, set to maintain your plush, green lawn, the minute spring starts in Richmond Heights, MO. Make sure to have a specialist at Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis winterize your system. We follow a step-by-step process which includes:
- Shutting down the water supply – One of our skilled specialists will close off the water supply and attach an air compressor to the system’s main water line. The air compressor is a necessity for the preferred method to remove water from a sprinkler system in the Richmond Heights, MO area, which is frequently called the blowout method.
- Draining the system – Our Richmond Heights, MO sprinkler system specialists will use the compressed air to push the water out of your irrigation system. The air pressure must be high enough – 40 to 80 pounds per square inch (psi) is ideal, with 80 psi being the maximum for rigid PVC pipe and 50 psi for polyethylene pipe – another reason why it is important that a professional from Lawn Sprinklers in St. Louis does this.
- Deactivating the controller – After draining the unit, our specialists will turn off the controller. Every controller is different, and whether or not it needs to be simply “switched off” or unplugged and stored depends on the brand. Our team has in-depth knowledge of and hands-on experience with multiple brands of controllers, such as:
- Rain Bird ESP-Me Controller
- Rain Bird Esp-Smte Controller
- Hunter HC Hydrawise Wifi Modular Controller
- Hunter Pro-Hc Wifi Hydrawise Wifi Controller
- Toro Evolution Controller
- RainMachine Touch Wifi Controller
- Insulating the system – Our team’s final step is to cover all the system’s components above ground with foam covers, insulation tape, or perhaps insulation blankets to restrict them from freezing and cracking in Richmond Heights, MO. This includes:
- The main water supply shutoff valve
- Backflow preventers – making sure to keep air vents open
- Exposed parts of the pipes
What Occurs If I Do Not Use Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis to Winterize My Sprinkler System in Richmond Heights, MO?
If you make the decision to skip the winterization process in Richmond Heights, MO, the drastic drop in temperature can cause damage to your sprinkler system ranging from small inconveniences to major disasters. Your best bet is to simply have Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis winterize your sprinkler system. Give us a call now at (314) 450-0342 or reach out to us online. Here’s what could occur if you elect to skip winterizing or try doing it yourself in Richmond Heights, MO:
- Leaking/Cracked Pipes and Fittings
- When the system is on, water bubbles up from the ground between sprinkler heads
- Flooded areas between sprinklers
- Very soft or wet areas
- Ground depressions
- Sprinkler heads barely spraying or haphazardly shooting water and not popping all the way up
- Dirty water spraying from the sprinkler line
- A specific patch of mushroom growth
- Water meter running when the system is off and no water is being used in the home
- Broken Sprinkler Heads
- Busted Backflow Devices and Valves
If an irrigation system is not properly winterized in Richmond Heights, MO, water will remain in the pipes all winter. When that water freezes, everything in your irrigation system is in danger of leaking, cracking, and/or bursting.
Signs you have a cracked or leaking pipe in your Richmond Heights, MO sprinkler system include:
When water freezes in sprinkler heads, they easily break under the pressure. A broken sprinkler head in the springtime is not the best way to start the season.
Similarly to sprinkler heads and pipes, your valves, anti-siphon devices and even backflows can be seriously damaged by ice and might be irreparable and need to be replaced. Even if a part isn’t broken or cracked right away, it might show damage down the line in Richmond Heights, MO, causing splits or leaks.
How Do You Prevent These Damages to Your Sprinkler System in Richmond Heights, MO?
The ideal method for avoiding these problems in Richmond Heights, MO is prevention. If you have not started thinking about winterizing, now is the time. Give Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis a call today at (314) 450-0342 or contact us online.
Contact Us Now to Winterize Your Sprinkler System in Richmond Heights, MO | Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis
Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis is committed to delivering exceptional results and we’re as passionate about lawn care as you are about having an amazing lawn. We are the lawn care business in Richmond Heights, MO that will provide the products and service you need, when you need them. We know both the Richmond Heights, MO and St. Louis areas – the weather fluctuations, what type of grass grows best, and the right irrigation patterns – but, most important of all, we know the neighborhoods, the people in the them, and their yards. We are one of you, after all.
If you are looking to winterize your Richmond Heights, MO sprinkler system, give Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis a call right away at (314) 450-0342 or contact us online.