Winterize Sprinkler System Winchester, MO
Winterize Sprinkler System Winchester, MO. With unpredictable and rather harsh winters, the Winchester, MO area is not the place to leave sprinkler systems bare and exposed – susceptible to damage and cracks – in frigid temperatures. The majority of irrigation pipes are made from rigid polyvinyl chloride (PVC) or flexible polyethylene. Under pressure, both of these types of material crack, tear, or even burst. If the water freezes inside the pipes, it will expand and push out against the pipes’ interior applying too much pressure, causing the pipes to break. The sprinkler heads and valves are also not designed to withstand the pressure from ice and may experience the same hardships as the pipes.
You definitely do not look forward to this happening in Winchester, MO, as the harm is expensive and widespread, which is exactly why you need to turn to Lawn Sprinklers St. Louis to winterize your sprinkler system. Call us as soon as possible at (314) 450-0342 or contact us online to make an appointment.
Why Choose Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis To Winterize My Winchester, MO Sprinkler System?
We are a local, family-owned and operated company with decades of experience in the Winchester, MO irrigation industry. Our primary goal is to supply the best service possible to our customers and make sure that all our work is finished safely and in a timely manner. We have been providing the St. Louis and Winchester, MO neighborhoods with premier lawn care services for over 30 years.
We are your complete lawn care specialists. Along with being the go-to choice for winterizing your sprinkler system in Winchester, MO, Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis provides the following services:
- Licensed Backflow Tester Near Me
- Local Lawn Care
- Irrigation Companies
- Lawn Fertilizer Service Near Me
- Lawn Aeration Near Me
- Sprinkler System Installation
- Outdoor Landscape Lighting
- Spring Lawn Care
- Sprinkler System Startup
How Does Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis Winterize My Winchester, MO Sprinkler System?
You ensure your car’s radiator is topped off with antifreeze, you tune-up your Winchester, MO home’s furnace, and you stow away lawn equipment for the winter – so why not have your sprinkler system professionally winterized? Winterizing is the ideal way to protect the investment in your irrigation system and it ensures that the system is raring to go, set to maintain your plush, green lawn, as soon as spring hits in Winchester, MO. Make sure to have a professional at Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis winterize your system. We follow a step-by-step procedure which includes:
- Shutting down the water supply – One of our skilled specialists will extinguish the water supply and attach an air compressor to your system. The air compressor is essential for the preferred way to remove water from a sprinkler system in the Winchester, MO area, which is often called the blowout method.
- Draining the system – Our Winchester, MO sprinkler system specialists will use the compressed air to force the water out of your irrigation system. The air pressure must be high enough – 40 to 80 pounds per square inch (psi) is ideal, with 80 psi being the maximum for rigid PVC pipe and 50 psi for polyethylene pipe – another reason why it is important that a professional from Lawn Sprinklers in St. Louis does this.
- Deactivating the controller – Our specialists will turn off the controller, after draining the unit. Every controller differs, and whether or not it needs to be simply “switched off” or unplugged and stored depends on the brand. Our staff has in-depth knowledge of and hands-on experience with a variety of brands of controllers, like:
- Rain Bird ESP-Me Controller
- Rain Bird Esp-Smte Controller
- Hunter HC Hydrawise Wifi Modular Controller
- Hunter Pro-Hc Wifi Hydrawise Wifi Controller
- Toro Evolution Controller
- RainMachine Touch Wifi Controller
- Insulating the system – Our team’s last step is to enclose all the sprinkler parts above ground with insulation tape, foam covers, or perhaps insulation blankets to prevent them from cracking and freezing in Winchester, MO. This includes:
- The main water supply shutoff valve
- Backflow preventers – making sure to keep air vents open
- Exposed parts of the pipes
What Happens If I Do Not Have Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis Winterize My Winchester, MO Sprinkler System?
If you decide to skip the winterization procedure for your Winchester, MO yard, plummeting temperatures can bring about damage to your irrigation system ranging from slight inconveniences to major disasters. Your best bet is to simply have Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis winterize your sprinkler system. Call us now at (314) 450-0342 or contact us online. Here’s what could happen if you decide to skip winterizing or try doing it yourself in Winchester, MO:
- Leaking/Cracked Pipes and Fittings
- When the system is on, water bubbles up from the ground between sprinkler heads
- Flooded areas between sprinklers
- Very soft or wet areas
- Ground depressions
- Sprinkler heads not popping all the way up, and barely spraying or haphazardly shooting water
- Dirty water spraying from the sprinkler line
- A specific patch of mushroom growth
- With the system off and no water being used in the house, water meter is still running
- Broken Sprinkler Heads
- Busted Backflow Devices and Valves
If a sprinkler system isn’t properly winterized in Winchester, MO, water will be left in the pipes all winter. When that water freezes, everything in your sprinkler system is at risk of cracking, leaking, and/or bursting.
Indications you have a cracked or leaking pipe in your Winchester, MO sprinkler system are:
When water freezes in sprinkler heads, they easily break under the pressure. A broken sprinkler head in the springtime is not the best way to start the season.
Similarly to sprinkler heads and pipes, your anti-siphon devices, valves and even backflows can be severely mangled by ice and could be irreparable and might need to be replaced. Even if something isn’t cracked or broken right away, it might show damage at a later date in Winchester, MO, causing leaks or breaks.
How Do You Prevent These Damages to Your Sprinkler System in Winchester, MO?
The ideal technique for avoiding these issues in Winchester, MO is prevention. If you haven’t started talking or thinking about winterizing, now is the time. Give Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis a call now at (314) 450-0342 or reach out to us online.
Reach Out Today to Winterize Your Sprinkler System in Winchester, MO | Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis
Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis is committed to delivering exceptional results and we’re as passionate about lawn care as you are about owning an amazing lawn. We are the lawn care business in Winchester, MO that will provide the service and products you need, when you need them. We know both the Winchester, MO and St. Louis areas – the weather fluctuations, what type of grass grows best, and the specific irrigation patterns – but, best of all, we know the neighborhoods, the people in the them, and their yards. We are one of you, after all.