Winterize Sprinkler System Ladue, MO
Winterize Sprinkler System Ladue, MO. With unpredictable and fairly harsh winters, the Ladue, MO area is not the place to leave sprinkler systems bare and exposed – susceptible to damage and cracks – in cold temperatures. Most sprinkler system pipes are made from rigid polyvinyl chloride (PVC) or flexible polyethylene. Both of these materials crack, tear, or even burst under pressure. If water freezes inside the pipes, it expands and pushes against the pipes’ walls applying far too much pressure, causing the pipes to burst. The sprinkler heads and valves also are not developed to withstand the pressure from frozen water and could suffer the same fate as the pipes.
You certainly do not look forward to this happening in Ladue, MO, as the harm is expensive and widespread, which is exactly the reason you should turn to Lawn Sprinklers St. Louis to winterize your sprinkler system. Give us a call as soon as possible at (314) 450-0342 or contact us online to schedule an appointment.
Why Pick Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis To Winterize My Sprinkler System in Ladue, MO?
We are a local, family-owned and operated business with years of experience in the Ladue, MO irrigation industry. Our primary goal is to provide the best possible service to our clients and guarantee that all of our work is finished in a timely manner and safely. We have been supplying the St. Louis and Ladue, MO neighborhoods with top quality lawn care services for over 30 years.
We are your complete lawn care specialists. In addition to being the go-to choice for winterizing your Ladue, MO sprinkler system, Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis offers the following services:
- Licensed Backflow Tester Near Me
- Local Lawn Care
- Irrigation Companies
- Lawn Fertilizer Service Near Me
- Lawn Aeration Near Me
- Sprinkler System Installation
- Outdoor Landscape Lighting
- Spring Lawn Care
- Sprinkler System Startup
How Does Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis Winterize My Ladue, MO Sprinkler System?
You check to make sure your car’s radiator is full of antifreeze, you tune-up your Ladue, MO home’s furnace, and you store your lawn equipment indoors for the winter – so why not professionally winterize your sprinkler system? Winterizing is the ideal way to protect the investment in your irrigation system and it makes sure that the system is raring to go, set to keep your lawn looking luxurious, as soon as spring starts in Ladue, MO. Be sure to have a professional at Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis winterize your system. We follow a step-by-step procedure which includes:
- Closing the water supply – One of our skilled specialists will extinguish the water supply and attach an air compressor to the system. The air compressor is required for the favored method to remove water from a sprinkler system in the Ladue, MO area, which is frequently referred to as the blowout method.
- Draining the system – Our Ladue, MO sprinkler system specialists will use the compressed air to force the water out of your irrigation system. The blowout method calls for a high level of air pressure – 40 to 80 pounds per square inch (psi) is ideal, with 80 psi being the maximum for rigid PVC pipe and 50 psi for polyethylene pipe. This is yet another reason why it is vital that a professional from Lawn Sprinklers in St. Louis performs this job.
- Deactivating the controller – Our specialists will turn off the controller, after draining the unit. Every controller is different, and whether or not it needs to be unplugged and stored or simply “switched off” depends on the brand. Our team has in-depth knowledge of and hands-on experience with a variety of brands of controllers, such as:
- Rain Bird ESP-Me Controller
- Rain Bird Esp-Smte Controller
- Hunter HC Hydrawise Wifi Modular Controller
- Hunter Pro-Hc Wifi Hydrawise Wifi Controller
- Toro Evolution Controller
- RainMachine Touch Wifi Controller
- Insulating the system – Our team’s final step is to enclose all the sprinkler parts above ground with insulation tape, foam covers, or maybe even insulation blankets to restrict them from freezing and cracking in Ladue, MO. This includes:
- The main water supply shutoff valve
- Backflow preventers – making sure to leave air vents open
- Exposed parts of the pipes
What Occurs If I Do Not Use Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis to Winterize My Ladue, MO Sprinkler System?
If you choose to skip the winterization process for your Ladue, MO yard, plummeting temperatures can cause damage to your irrigation system ranging from small inconveniences to a full-blow disaster. Your sure bet is to simply have Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis winterize your sprinkler system. Give us a call now at (314) 450-0342 or reach out to us online. Here’s what could happen if you elect to skip winterizing or attempt doing it yourself in Ladue, MO:
- Leaking/Cracked Fitting and Pipes
- When the system is on, water bubbles up from the ground between sprinkler heads
- Flooded areas between sprinklers
- Very wet or soft areas
- Ground depressions
- Sprinkler heads barely spraying or haphazardly shooting water and not popping all the way up
- Dirty water spraying from the sprinkler line
- A specific patch of mushroom growth
- Water meter running when the system is off and no water is being used in the home
- Broken Sprinkler Heads
- Busted Valves and Backflow Devices
If an irrigation system isn’t properly winterized in Ladue, MO, water will remain in the pipes all winter. When that water freezes, everything in your irrigation system is at risk of cracking, leaking, and/or bursting.
Indications you have a cracked or leaking pipe in your Ladue, MO irrigation system include:
Sprinkler heads easily break from the pressure of water freezing. A broken sprinkler head in the springtime is not the best way to start the season.
Similarly to sprinkler heads and pipes, your anti-siphon devices, valves and even backflows can be majorly damaged by ice and might be irreparable and need to be replaced. Even if a part isn’t cracked or broken right away, it could be damaged down the line in Ladue, MO, causing leaks or breaks.
How Do You Prevent These Damages to Your Ladue, MO Sprinkler System?
The best method for avoiding these problems in Ladue, MO is prevention. If you haven’t started talking or thinking about winterizing, now is the time. Give Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis a call today at (314) 450-0342 or contact us online.
Reach Out Now to Winterize Your Ladue, MO Sprinkler System | Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis
Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis is dedicated to delivering exceptional results and we are as passionate about lawn care as you are about owning an amazing lawn. We are the lawn care company in Ladue, MO that will provide the service and products you need, right when you need them. We know both the Ladue, MO and St. Louis areas – the weather, what type of grass grows best, and the specific irrigation patterns – but, most important of all, we know the neighborhoods, the residents, and their yards. We are one of you, after all.