Winterize Sprinkler System Creve Couer, MO
Winterize Sprinkler System Creve Couer, MO. With unpredictable and fairly harsh winters, the Creve Couer, MO area is not the place to leave sprinkler systems exposed and bare – susceptible to damage and cracks – in frigid temperatures. The majority of irrigation pipes are made from rigid polyvinyl chloride (PVC) or flexible polyethylene. Both of these materials crack, tear, or even burst under pressure. If water freezes inside the pipes, it expands and pushes against the pipes’ walls exerting too much pressure, causing the pipes to break. The sprinkler valves and heads also are not developed to hold off the pressure from ice and might experience the same hardships as the pipes.
You definitely do not look forward to this happening in Creve Couer, MO, as the harm is widespread and costly, which is exactly the reason you should turn to Lawn Sprinklers St. Louis to winterize your sprinkler system. Give us a call now at (314) 450-0342 or contact us online to book an appointment.
Why Select Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis To Winterize My Creve Couer, MO Sprinkler System?
We are a local, family-owned and operated business with years of experience in the Creve Couer, MO irrigation industry. Our main goal is to supply the best possible service to our clients and guarantee that all our work is completed safely and in a timely manner. We have been providing the St. Louis and Creve Couer, MO neighborhoods with top quality lawn care services for over 30 years.
We are your complete lawn care specialists. In addition to being the go-to choice for winterizing your sprinkler system in Creve Couer, MO, Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis provides the following services:
How Does Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis Winterize My Sprinkler System in Creve Couer, MO?
You ensure your vehicle’s radiator is full of antifreeze, you have your Creve Couer, MO home’s furnace tuned-up, and you stow away lawn equipment for the winter – so why not have your sprinkler system professionally winterized? Winterizing is the best way to protect the investment in your irrigation system and it ensures that the system is ready to go, set to keep your lawn looking luxurious, the minute spring starts in Creve Couer, MO. Be sure to have a specialist at Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis winterize your system. We follow a step-by-step process which includes:
- Closing the water supply – One of our talented technicians will close off the water line and attach an air compressor to the system. The air compressor is essential for the preferred method to remove water from a sprinkler system in the Creve Couer, MO area, which is often referred to as the blowout method.
- Draining the system – Our Creve Couer, MO sprinkler system specialists will use compressed air to force the water out of your irrigation system. The air pressure must be high enough – 40 to 80 pounds per square inch (psi) is ideal, with 80 psi being the maximum for rigid PVC pipe and 50 psi for polyethylene pipe – another reason why it is important that a professional from Lawn Sprinklers in St. Louis does this.
- Deactivating the controller – Our specialists will turn off the controller, after draining the unit. Each controller is different, and whether or not it needs to be simply “switched off” or unplugged and stored is dependant upon the brand. Our team has in-depth knowledge of and hands-on experience with numerous brands of controllers, including:
- Rain Bird ESP-Me Controller
- Rain Bird Esp-Smte Controller
- Hunter HC Hydrawise Wifi Modular Controller
- Hunter Pro-Hc Wifi Hydrawise Wifi Controller
- Toro Evolution Controller
- RainMachine Touch Wifi Controller
- Insulating the system – Our team’s final step is to shield all the sprinkler parts above ground with insulation tape, foam covers, or perhaps insulation blankets to restrict them from freezing and cracking in Creve Couer, MO. This includes:
- The shutoff valve at the main water supply
- Backflow preventers – ensuring we keep air vents open
- Exposed parts of the pipes
What Occurs If I Don’t Have Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis Winterize My Creve Couer, MO Sprinkler System?
If you make the decision to skip the winterization process for your Creve Couer, MO yard, the drastic drop in temperature can bring about damage to your irrigation system ranging from small inconveniences to major disasters. Your best bet is to simply have Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis winterize your sprinkler system. Call us now at (314) 450-0342 or reach out to us online. Here’s what could happen if you decide to skip winterizing or try doing it yourself in Creve Couer, MO:
- Leaking/Cracked Fitting and Pipes
- Water bubbling up from the ground between sprinkler heads when the system is on
- Flooded areas between sprinklers
- Very wet or soft areas
- Ground depressions
- Sprinkler heads not popping all the way up, and barely spraying or haphazardly shooting water
- Dirty water spraying from the sprinkler line
- A specific patch of mushroom growth
- Water meter running when the system is off and no water is being used in the home
- Broken Sprinkler Heads
- Busted Valves and Backflow Devices
If an irrigation system is not properly winterized in Creve Couer, MO, water will be left in the pipes all winter. When that water freezes, everything in your sprinkler system is in danger of cracking, leaking, and/or bursting.
Indications you have a leaking or cracked pipe in your Creve Couer, MO irrigation system are:
Sprinkler heads easily break from the pressure of water freezing. A broken sprinkler head in the springtime is no way to start the season.
Similarly to sprinkler heads and pipes, your valves, anti-siphon devices and even backflows can be seriously mangled by ice and could be irreparable and might need to be replaced. Even if something isn’t broken or cracked right away, it could be damaged at a later date in Creve Couer, MO, causing leaks or breaks.
How Do You Prevent These Damages to Your Creve Couer, MO Sprinkler System?
The best way for steering clear of these problems in Creve Couer, MO is prevention. If you have not started thinking about winterizing, now is the time. Give Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis a call today at (314) 450-0342 or reach out to us online.
Contact Us Today to Winterize Your Sprinkler System in Creve Couer, MO | Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis
Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis is committed to delivering exceptional results and we are as passionate about lawn care as you are about owning an amazing lawn. We are the lawn care business in Creve Couer, MO that will provide the products and service you need, right when you need them. We know both the Creve Couer, MO and St. Louis areas – the weather fluctuations, what kind of grass grows best, and the specific irrigation patterns – but, best of all, we know the neighborhoods, the people in the them, and their yards. We are one of you, after all.