Winterize Sprinkler System St. Charles, MO
Winterize Sprinkler System St. Charles, MO. With unpredictable and rather harsh winters, the St. Charles, MO area is not the place to leave sprinkler systems exposed and bare – susceptible to damage and cracks – in cold temperatures. Most sprinkler system pipes are made from rigid polyvinyl chloride (PVC) or flexible polyethylene. Under pressure, both of these types of material crack, tear, or even burst. If the water freezes inside the pipes, it expands and pushes against the pipes’ walls applying too much pressure, causing the pipes to burst. The sprinkler heads and valves also are not developed to hold off the pressure from frozen water and may suffer the same fate as the pipes.
You certainly do not want this to happen in St. Charles, MO, as the harm is expensive and widespread, which is exactly the reason you need to turn to Lawn Sprinklers St. Louis to winterize your sprinkler system. Give us a call now at (314) 450-0342 or contact us online to book an appointment.
Why Select Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis To Winterize My Sprinkler System in St. Charles, MO?
We are a family-owned and operated, local business with years of experience in the St. Charles, MO irrigation industry. Our main goal is to supply the best possible service to our customers and ensure that all our work is finished safely and in a timely manner. We have been supplying the St. Louis and St. Charles, MO neighborhoods with premier lawn care services for more than 30 years.
We are your complete lawn care professionals. In addition to being the go-to choice for winterizing your sprinkler system in St. Charles, MO, Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis provides the following services:
- Irrigation Companies
- Lawn Fertilizer Service Near Me
- Lawn Aeration Near Me
- Sprinkler System Installation
- Outdoor Landscape Lighting
- Spring Lawn Care
- Sprinkler System Startup
- Lawn Care Service
- Dewinterize Sprinkler System
How Does Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis Winterize My Sprinkler System in St. Charles, MO?
You check to make sure your vehicle’s radiator is full of antifreeze, you have your St. Charles, MO home’s furnace tuned-up, and you stow away lawn equipment for the winter – so why not have your sprinkler system professionally winterized? Winterizing is the ideal way to protect the investment in your irrigation system and it ensures that the system is ready to go, set to maintain your plush, green lawn, the minute spring hits in St. Charles, MO. Be sure to have a specialist at Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis winterize your system. We follow a step-by-step procedure which includes:
- Closing the water supply – One of our skilled specialists will shut off the water line and attach an air compressor to the system. The air compressor is essential for the favored way to remove water from a sprinkler system in the St. Charles, MO area, which is often referred to as the blowout method.
- Draining the system – Our St. Charles, MO sprinkler system specialists will use compressed air to push the water out of your irrigation system. The air pressure must be high enough – 40 to 80 pounds per square inch (psi) is ideal, with 80 psi being the maximum for rigid PVC pipe and 50 psi for polyethylene pipe – another reason why it is important that a professional from Lawn Sprinklers in St. Louis does this.
- Deactivating the controller – Our specialists will turn off the controller, after draining the unit. Every controller differs, and whether or not it needs to be simply “switched off” or unplugged and stored depends on the brand. Our staff has in-depth knowledge of and hands-on experience with numerous brands of controllers, like:
- Rain Bird ESP-Me Controller
- Rain Bird Esp-Smte Controller
- Hunter HC Hydrawise Wifi Modular Controller
- Hunter Pro-Hc Wifi Hydrawise Wifi Controller
- Toro Evolution Controller
- RainMachine Touch Wifi Controller
- Insulating the system – Our team’s last step is to shield all the sprinkler parts above ground with insulation tape, foam covers, or maybe even insulation blankets to restrict them from cracking and freezing in St. Charles, MO. This includes:
- The main water supply shutoff valve
- Backflow preventers – ensuring we leave air vents open
- Exposed parts of the pipes
What Occurs If I Don’t Use Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis to Winterize My St. Charles, MO Sprinkler System?
If you choose to skip the winterization procedure in St. Charles, MO, plummeting temperatures can bring about damage to your sprinkler system ranging from small inconveniences to major disasters. Your sure bet is to just have Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis winterize your sprinkler system. Give us a call now at (314) 450-0342 or contact us online. Here’s what could occur if you elect to skip winterizing or attempt doing it yourself in St. Charles, MO:
- Cracked/Leaking Pipes and Fittings
- When the system is on, water bubbles up from the ground between sprinkler heads
- Flooded areas between sprinklers
- Very wet or soft areas
- Ground depressions
- Sprinkler heads barely spraying or haphazardly shooting water and not popping all the way up
- Sprinkler line spraying dirty water
- Mushrooms growing in a specific patch
- With the system off and no water being used in the house, water meter is still running
- Broken Sprinkler Heads
- Busted Backflow Devices and Valves
If a sprinkler system is not properly winterized in St. Charles, MO, water will remain in the pipes all winter. When that water freezes, everything in your sprinkler system is at risk of cracking, leaking, and/or bursting.
Indications you have a cracked or leaking pipe in your St. Charles, MO irrigation system include:
Sprinkler heads easily break from the pressure of water freezing. A broken sprinkler head in the springtime is no way to start the season.
Similarly to sprinkler heads and pipes, your anti-siphon devices, valves and even backflows can be severely damaged by ice and might be irreparable and need to be replaced. Even if something isn’t cracked or broken right away, it might show damage down the line in St. Charles, MO, causing splits or leaks.
How Do You Prevent These Damages to Your Sprinkler System in St. Charles, MO?
The best way for steering clear of these problems in St. Charles, MO is prevention. If you haven’t started thinking about winterizing, now is the time. Give Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis a call today at (314) 450-0342 or contact us online.
Reach Out Today to Winterize Your St. Charles, MO Sprinkler System | Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis
Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis is committed to delivering notable results and we are as passionate about lawn care as you are about having an amazing lawn. We are the lawn care business in St. Charles, MO that will provide the products and service you need, when you need them. We know both the St. Charles, MO and St. Louis areas – the weather fluctuations, what kind of grass grows best, and the specific irrigation patterns – but, best of all, we know the neighborhoods, the people in the them, and their yards. After all, we are one of you.