Winterize Sprinkler System University City, MO
Winterize Sprinkler System University City, MO. With unpredictable and rather harsh winters, the University City, MO area is not the place to leave sprinkler systems bare and exposed – susceptible to damage and cracks – in cold temperatures. The majority of irrigation pipes are made from rigid polyvinyl chloride (PVC) or flexible polyethylene. Under pressure, both of these types of material crack, tear, or even burst. If the water freezes inside the pipes, it expands and pushes against the pipes’ interior exerting too much pressure, causing the pipes to break. The sprinkler heads and valves are also not built to withstand the pressure from frozen water and could suffer the same fate as the pipes.
You definitely do not look forward to this happening in University City, MO, as the damage is widespread and costly, which is exactly why you should turn to Lawn Sprinklers St. Louis to winterize your sprinkler system. Call us now at (314) 450-0342 or contact us online to make an appointment.
Why Select Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis To Winterize My Sprinkler System in University City, MO?
We are a family-owned and operated, local business with years of experience in the University City, MO irrigation industry. Our primary goal is to provide the best possible service to our clients and guarantee that all our work is finished safely and in a timely manner. We have been providing the St. Louis and University City, MO neighborhoods with premier lawn care services for over 30 years.
We are your complete lawn care specialists. Along with being the go-to choice for winterizing your sprinkler system in University City, MO, Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis supplies the following services:
- Licensed Backflow Tester Near Me
- Local Lawn Care
- Irrigation Companies
- Lawn Fertilizer Service Near Me
- Lawn Aeration Near Me
- Sprinkler System Installation
- Outdoor Landscape Lighting
- Spring Lawn Care
- Sprinkler System Startup
How Does Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis Winterize My University City, MO Sprinkler System?
You ensure your vehicle’s radiator is full of antifreeze, you have your University City, MO home’s furnace tuned-up, and you store your lawn equipment indoors for the winter – so why not professionally winterize your sprinkler system? Winterizing is the ideal way to protect the investment in your irrigation system and it makes sure that the system is ready to go, set to keep your lawn looking luxurious, as soon as spring starts in University City, MO. Make sure to have a professional at Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis winterize your system. We follow a step-by-step procedure which includes:
- Shutting down the water supply – One of our skilled specialists will close off the water line and attach an air compressor to the system’s main water line. The air compressor is essential for the common way to remove water from a sprinkler system in the University City, MO area, which is often called the blowout method.
- Draining the system – Our University City, MO sprinkler system specialists will use the compressed air to force the water out of your irrigation system. The air pressure must be high enough – 40 to 80 pounds per square inch (psi) is ideal, with 80 psi being the maximum for rigid PVC pipe and 50 psi for polyethylene pipe – another reason why it is important that a professional from Lawn Sprinklers in St. Louis does this.
- Deactivating the controller – Our specialists will turn off the controller, after draining the unit. Each controller is different, and whether or not it needs to be unplugged and stored or simply “switched off” is dependant upon the brand. Our staff has in-depth knowledge of and hands-on experience with numerous brands of controllers, like:
- Rain Bird ESP-Me Controller
- Rain Bird Esp-Smte Controller
- Hunter HC Hydrawise Wifi Modular Controller
- Hunter Pro-Hc Wifi Hydrawise Wifi Controller
- Toro Evolution Controller
- RainMachine Touch Wifi Controller
- Insulating the system – Our team’s final step is to cover all the system’s components above ground with insulation tape, foam covers, or maybe even insulation blankets to keep them from cracking and freezing in University City, MO. This includes:
- The shutoff valve at the main water supply
- Backflow preventers – ensuring we leave air vents open
- Exposed parts of the pipes
What Occurs If I Do Not Have Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis Winterize My Sprinkler System in University City, MO?
If you decide to skip the winterization procedure for your University City, MO yard, plummeting temperatures can bring about damage to your irrigation system ranging from minor inconveniences to major disasters. Your sure bet is to just have Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis winterize your sprinkler system. Call us now at (314) 450-0342 or reach out to us online. Here’s what could happen if you elect to skip winterizing or try doing it yourself in University City, MO:
- Cracked/Leaking Fitting and Pipes
- When the system is on, water bubbles up from the ground between sprinkler heads
- Flooded areas between sprinklers
- Very wet or soft areas
- Ground depressions
- Sprinkler heads barely spraying or haphazardly shooting water and not popping all the way up
- Sprinkler line spraying dirty water
- Mushrooms growing in a specific patch
- With the system off and no water being used in the house, water meter is still running
- Broken Sprinkler Heads
- Busted Valves and Backflow Devices
If a sprinkler system isn’t properly winterized in University City, MO, water will remain in the pipes all winter. When that water freezes, everything in your sprinkler system is at risk of leaking, cracking, and/or bursting.
Indications you have a leaking or cracked pipe in your University City, MO irrigation system include:
Sprinkler heads easily break from the pressure of water freezing. A broken sprinkler head in the springtime is not the best way to start the season.
Much like sprinkler heads and pipes, your anti-siphon devices, valves and even backflows can be severely mangled by ice and might be irreparable and need to be replaced. Even if something isn’t cracked or broken right away, it might show damage at a later date in University City, MO, causing splits or leaks.
How Do You Prevent These Damages to Your Sprinkler System in University City, MO?
The ideal technique for avoiding these problems in University City, MO is prevention. If you haven’t begun talking or thinking about winterizing, now is the time. Call Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis today at (314) 450-0342 or reach out to us online.
Reach Out Today to Winterize Your Sprinkler System in University City, MO | Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis
Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis is committed to delivering notable results and we are as passionate about lawn care as you are about having an amazing lawn. We are the lawn care business in University City, MO that will provide the service and products you need, right when you need them. We know both the University City, MO and St. Louis areas – the weather, what kind of grass grows best, and the right irrigation patterns – but, best of all, we know the neighborhoods, the people in the them, and their yards. After all, we are one of you.
If you are looking to winterize your University City, MO sprinkler system, call Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis right now at (314) 450-0342 or contact us online.