Winterize Sprinkler System St. Peters, MO
Winterize Sprinkler System St. Peters, MO. With unpredictable and rather harsh winters, the St. Peters, MO area is not the place to leave sprinkler systems bare and exposed – susceptible to damage and cracks – in frigid temperatures. Most sprinkler system pipes are made from rigid polyvinyl chloride (PVC) or flexible polyethylene. Under pressure, both of these types of material crack, tear, or even burst. If water freezes inside the pipes, it will expand and push out against the pipes’ interior exerting far too much pressure, causing the pipes to burst. The sprinkler valves and heads are also not built to hold off the pressure from ice and may suffer the same fate as the pipes.
You definitely do not want this to happen in St. Peters, MO, as the harm is widespread and costly, which is exactly why you need to turn to Lawn Sprinklers St. Louis to winterize your sprinkler system. Call us now at (314) 450-0342 or reach out to us online to make an appointment.
Why Choose Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis To Winterize My St. Peters, MO Sprinkler System?
We are a local, family-owned and operated company with decades of experience in the St. Peters, MO irrigation industry. Our primary goal is to provide the best service possible to our clients and ensure that all our work is finished in a timely manner and safely. We have been providing the St. Louis and St. Peters, MO neighborhoods with premier lawn care services for more than 30 years.
We are your complete lawn care professionals. Along with being the go-to choice for winterizing your St. Peters, MO sprinkler system, Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis offers the following services:
- Irrigation Companies
- Lawn Fertilizer Service Near Me
- Lawn Aeration Near Me
- Sprinkler System Installation
- Outdoor Landscape Lighting
- Spring Lawn Care
- Sprinkler System Startup
- Lawn Care Service
- Dewinterize Sprinkler System
How Does Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis Winterize My Sprinkler System in St. Peters, MO?
You ensure your car’s radiator is full of antifreeze, you tune-up your St. Peters, MO home’s furnace, and you store your lawn equipment indoors for the winter – so why not professionally winterize your sprinkler system? Winterizing is the perfect way to protect the investment in your irrigation system and it makes sure that the system is ready to go, set to maintain your plush, green lawn, as soon as spring hits in St. Peters, MO. Be sure to have a professional at Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis winterize your system. We follow a step-by-step process which includes:
- Closing the water supply – One of our talented technicians will extinguish the water line and attach an air compressor to your system’s main water line. The air compressor is a necessity for the favored method to remove water from a sprinkler system in the St. Peters, MO area, which is frequently called the blowout method.
- Draining the system – Our St. Peters, MO sprinkler system specialists will use the compressed air to force the water out of your irrigation system. The air pressure must be high enough – 40 to 80 pounds per square inch (psi) is ideal, with 80 psi being the maximum for rigid PVC pipe and 50 psi for polyethylene pipe – another reason why it is important that a professional from Lawn Sprinklers in St. Louis does this.
- Deactivating the controller – After draining the unit, our specialists will turn off the controller. Every controller differs, and whether or not it needs to be simply “switched off” or unplugged and stored is dependant upon the brand. Our staff has in-depth knowledge of and hands-on experience with a variety of brands of controllers, like:
- Rain Bird ESP-Me Controller
- Rain Bird Esp-Smte Controller
- Hunter HC Hydrawise Wifi Modular Controller
- Hunter Pro-Hc Wifi Hydrawise Wifi Controller
- Toro Evolution Controller
- RainMachine Touch Wifi Controller
- Insulating the system – Our staff’s final step is to shield all the sprinkler parts above ground with foam covers, insulation tape, or maybe even insulation blankets to prevent them from cracking and freezing in St. Peters, MO. This includes:
- The main water supply shutoff valve
- Backflow preventers – ensuring we keep air vents open
- Exposed parts of the pipes
What Happens If I Do Not Have Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis Winterize My Sprinkler System in St. Peters, MO?
If you decide to skip the winterization process in St. Peters, MO, the drastic drop in temperature can bring about damage to your sprinkler system ranging from minor inconveniences to major disasters. Your sure bet is to just have Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis winterize your sprinkler system. Give us a call today at (314) 450-0342 or contact us online. Here are examples of what could occur if you decide to skip winterizing or attempt doing it yourself in St. Peters, MO:
- Cracked/Leaking Pipes and Fittings
- When the system is on, water bubbles up from the ground between sprinkler heads
- Flooded areas between sprinklers
- Very soft or wet areas
- Ground depressions
- Sprinkler heads barely spraying or haphazardly shooting water and not popping all the way up
- Sprinkler line spraying dirty water
- A specific patch of mushroom growth
- With the system off and no water being used in the house, water meter is still running
- Broken Sprinkler Heads
- Busted Backflow Devices and Valves
If a sprinkler system is not properly winterized in St. Peters, MO, water will remain in the pipes all winter. When that water freezes, everything in your irrigation system is at risk of cracking, leaking, and/or bursting.
Indications you have a leaking or cracked pipe in your St. Peters, MO sprinkler system include:
When water freezes in sprinkler heads, they easily break under the pressure. A broken sprinkler head in the springtime is not the best way to start the season.
Similarly to sprinkler heads and pipes, your valves, anti-siphon devices and even backflows can be severely mangled by ice and might be irreparable and need to be replaced. Even if a part isn’t cracked or broken right away, it could be damaged at a later date in St. Peters, MO, causing leaks or breaks.
How Do You Prevent These Damages to Your St. Peters, MO Sprinkler System?
The ideal way for avoiding these problems in St. Peters, MO is prevention. If you haven’t started thinking about winterizing, now is the time. Give Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis a call now at (314) 450-0342 or contact us online.
Reach Out Today to Winterize Your St. Peters, MO Sprinkler System | Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis
Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis is devoted to delivering exceptional results and we’re as passionate about lawn care as you are about having an amazing lawn. We are the lawn care company in St. Peters, MO that will provide the products and service you need, when you need them. We know both the St. Peters, MO and St. Louis areas – the weather, what kind of grass grows best, and the right irrigation patterns – but, best of all, we know the neighborhoods, the residents, and their yards. After all, we are one of you.