Winterize Sprinkler System Maplewood, MO
Winterize Sprinkler System Maplewood, MO. With unpredictable and rather harsh winters, the Maplewood, MO area is not the place to leave sprinkler systems exposed and bare – susceptible to damage and cracks – in frigid temperatures. Most sprinkler system pipes are made from rigid polyvinyl chloride (PVC) or flexible polyethylene. Under pressure, both of these types of material crack, tear, or even burst. If water freezes inside the pipes, it will expand and push out against the pipes’ walls applying too much pressure, causing the pipes to burst. The sprinkler heads and valves are also not designed to withstand the pressure from ice and might suffer the same fate as the pipes.
You definitely do not look forward to this happening in Maplewood, MO, as the destruction is widespread and costly, which is exactly why you should turn to Lawn Sprinklers St. Louis to winterize your sprinkler system. Give us a call now at (314) 450-0342 or contact us online to make an appointment.
Why Pick Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis To Winterize My Sprinkler System in Maplewood, MO?
We are a family-owned and operated, local business with years of experience in the Maplewood, MO irrigation industry. Our main goal is to supply the best possible service to our clients and guarantee that all of our work is done in a timely manner and safely. We have been providing the St. Louis and Maplewood, MO neighborhoods with premier lawn care services for over 30 years.
We are your complete lawn care company. In addition to being the go-to choice for winterizing your sprinkler system in Maplewood, MO, Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis supplies the following services:
- Licensed Backflow Tester Near Me
- Local Lawn Care
- Irrigation Companies
- Lawn Fertilizer Service Near Me
- Lawn Aeration Near Me
- Sprinkler System Installation
- Outdoor Landscape Lighting
- Spring Lawn Care
- Sprinkler System Startup
How Does Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis Winterize My Sprinkler System in Maplewood, MO?
You check to make sure your car’s radiator is full of antifreeze, you have your Maplewood, MO home’s furnace tuned-up, and you store your lawn equipment indoors for the winter season – so why not have your sprinkler system professionally winterized? Winterizing is the perfect way to protect the investment in your irrigation system and it makes sure that the system is ready to go, set to keep your lawn looking luxurious, as soon as spring hits in Maplewood, MO. Make sure to have a professional at Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis winterize your system. We follow a step-by-step process which includes:
- Shutting down the water supply – One of our skilled specialists will extinguish the water line and attach an air compressor to the system. The air compressor is essential for the common method to remove water from a sprinkler system in the Maplewood, MO area, which is frequently referred to as the blowout method.
- Draining the system – Our Maplewood, MO sprinkler system specialists will use the compressed air to force the water out of your irrigation system. The blowout method calls for a high level of air pressure – 40 to 80 pounds per square inch (psi) is ideal, with 80 psi being the maximum for rigid PVC pipe and 50 psi for polyethylene pipe. This is yet another reason why it is vital that a professional from Lawn Sprinklers in St. Louis performs this job.
- Deactivating the controller – After draining the unit, our specialists will turn off the controller. Each controller differs, and whether or not it needs to be simply “switched off” or unplugged and stored is dependant upon the brand. Our team has in-depth knowledge of and hands-on experience with multiple brands of controllers, like:
- Rain Bird ESP-Me Controller
- Rain Bird Esp-Smte Controller
- Hunter HC Hydrawise Wifi Modular Controller
- Hunter Pro-Hc Wifi Hydrawise Wifi Controller
- Toro Evolution Controller
- RainMachine Touch Wifi Controller
- Insulating the system – Our team’s last step is to enclose all the sprinkler parts above ground with insulation tape, foam covers, or perhaps insulation blankets to prevent them from freezing and cracking in Maplewood, MO. This includes:
- The main water supply shutoff valve
- Backflow preventers – ensuring we leave air vents open
- Exposed parts of the pipes
What Occurs If I Don’t Use Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis to Winterize My Maplewood, MO Sprinkler System?
If you choose to skip the winterization procedure in Maplewood, MO, the drastic drop in temperature can cause damage to your sprinkler system ranging from minor inconveniences to a full-blow disaster. Your sure bet is to just have Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis winterize your sprinkler system. Give us a call today at (314) 450-0342 or contact us online. Here are examples of what could occur if you decide to skip winterizing or try doing it yourself in Maplewood, MO:
- Cracked/Leaking Fitting and Pipes
- When the system is on, water bubbles up from the ground between sprinkler heads
- Flooded areas between sprinklers
- Very wet or soft areas
- Ground depressions
- Sprinkler heads barely spraying or haphazardly shooting water and not popping all the way up
- Dirty water spraying from the sprinkler line
- A specific patch of mushroom growth
- With the system off and no water being used in the house, water meter is still running
- Broken Sprinkler Heads
- Busted Backflow Devices and Valves
If a sprinkler system is not properly winterized in Maplewood, MO, water will be left in the pipes all winter. When that water freezes, everything in your irrigation system is in danger of cracking, leaking, and/or bursting.
Signs you have a cracked or leaking pipe in your Maplewood, MO sprinkler system include:
Sprinkler heads easily break from the pressure of water freezing. A broken sprinkler head in the springtime is no way to start the season.
Similarly to pipes and sprinkler heads, your anti-siphon devices, valves and even backflows can be majorly mangled by ice and could be irreparable and might need to be replaced. Even if something isn’t broken or cracked right away, it could be damaged down the line in Maplewood, MO, causing splits or leaks.
How Do You Prevent These Damages to Your Maplewood, MO Sprinkler System?
The best method for steering clear of these problems in Maplewood, MO is prevention. If you have not begun talking or thinking about winterizing, now is the time. Call Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis today at (314) 450-0342 or contact us online.
Contact Us Now to Winterize Your Maplewood, MO Sprinkler System | Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis
Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis is dedicated to delivering exceptional results and we are as passionate about lawn care as you are about having an amazing lawn. We are the lawn care business in Maplewood, MO that will provide the products and service you need, right when you need them. We know both the Maplewood, MO and St. Louis areas – the weather fluctuations, what kind of grass grows best, and the specific irrigation patterns – but, best of all, we know the neighborhoods, the people in the them, and their yards. We are one of you, after all.
If you are looking to winterize your Maplewood, MO sprinkler system, call Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis right away at (314) 450-0342 or contact us online.