Winterize Sprinkler System Fenton, MO
Winterize Sprinkler System Fenton, MO. With unpredictable and fairly harsh winters, the Fenton, MO area is not the place to leave sprinkler systems exposed and bare – susceptible to damage and cracks – in frigid temperatures. The majority of irrigation pipes are made from rigid polyvinyl chloride (PVC) or flexible polyethylene. Both of these materials crack, tear, or even burst under pressure. If the water freezes inside the pipes, it will expand and push out against the pipes’ interior applying far too much pressure, causing the pipes to burst. The sprinkler heads and valves also are not built to hold off the pressure from frozen water and may experience the same hardships as the pipes.
You definitely do not look forward to this happening in Fenton, MO, as the destruction is expensive and widespread, which is precisely the reason you need to turn to Lawn Sprinklers St. Louis to winterize your sprinkler system. Give us a call as soon as possible at (314) 450-0342 or contact us online to book an appointment.
Why Choose Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis To Winterize My Sprinkler System in Fenton, MO?
We are a local, family-owned and operated business with years of experience in the Fenton, MO irrigation industry. Our main goal is to provide the best possible service to our clients and make sure that all of our work is done in a timely manner and safely. We have been supplying the St. Louis and Fenton, MO neighborhoods with premier lawn care services for over 30 years.
We are your complete lawn care company. Along with being the go-to choice for winterizing your Fenton, MO sprinkler system, Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis offers the following services:
- Irrigation Companies
- Lawn Fertilizer Service Near Me
- Lawn Aeration Near Me
- Sprinkler System Installation
- Outdoor Landscape Lighting
- Spring Lawn Care
- Sprinkler System Startup
- Lawn Care Service
- Dewinterize Sprinkler System
How Does Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis Winterize My Sprinkler System in Fenton, MO?
You check to make sure your vehicle’s radiator is full of antifreeze, you tune-up your Fenton, MO home’s furnace, and you stow away lawn equipment for the winter season – so why not have your sprinkler system professionally winterized? Winterizing is the best way to protect the investment in your irrigation system and it ensures that the system is raring to go, set to keep your lawn looking luxurious, as soon as spring starts in Fenton, MO. Make sure to have a professional at Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis winterize your system. We follow a step-by-step procedure which includes:
- Closing the water supply – One of our skilled specialists will shut off the water line and attach an air compressor to your system. The air compressor is essential for the preferred way to remove water from a sprinkler system in the Fenton, MO area, which is frequently referred to as the blowout method.
- Draining the system – Our Fenton, MO sprinkler system specialists will use compressed air to push the water out of your irrigation system. The blowout method calls for a high level of air pressure – 40 to 80 pounds per square inch (psi) is ideal, with 80 psi being the maximum for rigid PVC pipe and 50 psi for polyethylene pipe. This is yet another reason why it is vital that a professional from Lawn Sprinklers in St. Louis performs this job.
- Deactivating the controller – After draining the unit, our specialists will turn off the controller. Every controller differs, and whether or not it needs to be simply “switched off” or unplugged and stored is dependant upon the brand. Our team has in-depth knowledge of and hands-on experience with numerous brands of controllers, including:
- Rain Bird ESP-Me Controller
- Rain Bird Esp-Smte Controller
- Hunter HC Hydrawise Wifi Modular Controller
- Hunter Pro-Hc Wifi Hydrawise Wifi Controller
- Toro Evolution Controller
- RainMachine Touch Wifi Controller
- Insulating the system – Our team’s last step is to shield all the system’s components above ground with insulation tape, foam covers, or perhaps insulation blankets to restrict them from freezing and cracking in Fenton, MO. This includes:
- The main water supply shutoff valve
- Backflow preventers – making sure to leave air vents open
- Exposed parts of the pipes
What Occurs If I Do Not Have Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis Winterize My Sprinkler System in Fenton, MO?
If you make the decision to skip the winterization process for your Fenton, MO yard, plummeting temperatures can create damage to your sprinkler system ranging from small inconveniences to major disasters. Your sure bet is to simply have Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis winterize your sprinkler system. Call us now at (314) 450-0342 or reach out to us online. Here’s what could occur if you decide to skip winterizing or attempt doing it yourself in Fenton, MO:
- Cracked/Leaking Pipes and Fittings
- Water bubbling up from the ground between sprinkler heads when the system is on
- Flooded areas between sprinklers
- Very soft or wet areas
- Ground depressions
- Sprinkler heads barely spraying or haphazardly shooting water and not popping all the way up
- Dirty water spraying from the sprinkler line
- Mushrooms growing in a specific patch
- Water meter running when the system is off and no water is being used in the home
- Broken Sprinkler Heads
- Busted Valves and Backflow Devices
If a sprinkler system isn’t properly winterized in Fenton, MO, water will remain in the pipes all winter. When that water freezes, everything in your sprinkler system is at risk of cracking, leaking, and/or bursting.
Indications you have a cracked or leaking pipe in your Fenton, MO irrigation system are:
Sprinkler heads easily break from the pressure of water freezing. A broken sprinkler head in the springtime is not the best way to start the season.
Similarly to sprinkler heads and pipes, your anti-siphon devices, valves and even backflows can be severely mangled by ice and might be irreparable and need to be replaced. Even if something isn’t cracked or broken right away, it might show damage down the line in Fenton, MO, causing splits or leaks.
How Do You Prevent These Damages to Your Sprinkler System in Fenton, MO?
The ideal method for avoiding these issues in Fenton, MO is prevention. If you have not begun thinking about winterizing, now is the time. Call Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis now at (314) 450-0342 or contact us online.
Reach Out Today to Winterize Your Sprinkler System in Fenton, MO | Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis
Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis is devoted to delivering notable results and we’re as passionate about lawn care as you are about owning an amazing lawn. We are the lawn care company in Fenton, MO that will provide the service and products you need, when you need them. We know both the Fenton, MO and St. Louis areas – the weather fluctuations, what type of grass grows best, and the specific irrigation patterns – but, most important of all, we know the neighborhoods, the people in the them, and their yards. We are one of you, after all.