Winterize Sprinkler System Twin Oaks, MO
Winterize Sprinkler System Twin Oaks, MO. With unpredictable and rather harsh winters, the Twin Oaks, MO area is not the place to leave sprinkler systems bare and exposed – susceptible to damage and cracks – in cold temperatures. The majority of irrigation pipes are made from rigid polyvinyl chloride (PVC) or flexible polyethylene. Under pressure, both of these types of material crack, tear, or even burst. If the water freezes inside the pipes, it expands and pushes against the pipes’ walls exerting too much pressure, causing the pipes to break. The sprinkler valves and heads also are not developed to hold off the pressure from ice and could experience the same hardships as the pipes.
You definitely do not look forward to this happening in Twin Oaks, MO, as the damage is widespread and costly, which is precisely why you need to turn to Lawn Sprinklers St. Louis to winterize your sprinkler system. Call us as soon as possible at (314) 450-0342 or contact us online to book an appointment.
Why Choose Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis To Winterize My Twin Oaks, MO Sprinkler System?
We are a local, family-owned and operated company with years of experience in the Twin Oaks, MO irrigation industry. Our main goal is to provide the best service possible to our clients and make sure that all our work is done in a timely manner and safely. We have been supplying the St. Louis and Twin Oaks, MO neighborhoods with top quality lawn care services for more than 30 years.
We are your complete lawn care company. In addition to being the go-to choice for winterizing your sprinkler system in Twin Oaks, MO, Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis supplies the following services:
- Licensed Backflow Tester Near Me
- Local Lawn Care
- Irrigation Companies
- Lawn Fertilizer Service Near Me
- Lawn Aeration Near Me
- Sprinkler System Installation
- Outdoor Landscape Lighting
- Spring Lawn Care
- Sprinkler System Startup
How Does Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis Winterize My Sprinkler System in Twin Oaks, MO?
You check to make sure your vehicle’s radiator is topped off with antifreeze, you tune-up your Twin Oaks, MO home’s furnace, and you store your lawn equipment indoors for the winter season – so why not have your sprinkler system professionally winterized? Winterizing is the perfect way to protect the investment in your irrigation system and it makes sure that the system is ready to go, set to maintain your plush, green lawn, the minute spring hits in Twin Oaks, MO. Make sure to have a professional at Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis winterize your system. We follow a step-by-step procedure which includes:
- Shutting down the water supply – One of our talented technicians will extinguish the water supply and attach an air compressor to the system. The air compressor is essential for the favored way to remove water from a sprinkler system in the Twin Oaks, MO area, which is often called the blowout method.
- Draining the system – Our Twin Oaks, MO sprinkler system specialists will use the compressed air to push the water out of your irrigation system. The air pressure must be high enough – 40 to 80 pounds per square inch (psi) is ideal, with 80 psi being the maximum for rigid PVC pipe and 50 psi for polyethylene pipe – another reason why it is important that a professional from Lawn Sprinklers in St. Louis does this.
- Deactivating the controller – After draining the unit, our specialists will turn off the controller. Every controller is different, and whether or not it needs to be simply “switched off” or unplugged and stored depends on the brand. Our team has in-depth knowledge of and hands-on experience with a variety of brands of controllers, including:
- Rain Bird ESP-Me Controller
- Rain Bird Esp-Smte Controller
- Hunter HC Hydrawise Wifi Modular Controller
- Hunter Pro-Hc Wifi Hydrawise Wifi Controller
- Toro Evolution Controller
- RainMachine Touch Wifi Controller
- Insulating the system – Our team’s final step is to enclose all the sprinkler parts above ground with insulation tape, foam covers, or maybe even insulation blankets to prevent them from freezing and cracking in Twin Oaks, MO. This includes:
- The shutoff valve at the main water supply
- Backflow preventers – making sure to leave air vents open
- Exposed parts of the pipes
What Occurs If I Don’t Have Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis Winterize My Twin Oaks, MO Sprinkler System?
If you make the decision to skip the winterization process for your Twin Oaks, MO yard, the drastic drop in temperature can bring about damage to your irrigation system ranging from minor inconveniences to major disasters. Your sure bet is to just have Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis winterize your sprinkler system. Call us now at (314) 450-0342 or reach out to us online. Here’s what could happen if you elect to skip winterizing or attempt doing it yourself in Twin Oaks, MO:
- Leaking/Cracked Pipes and Fittings
- Water bubbling up from the ground between sprinkler heads when the system is on
- Flooded areas between sprinklers
- Very soft or wet areas
- Ground depressions
- Sprinkler heads not popping all the way up, and barely spraying or haphazardly shooting water
- Dirty water spraying from the sprinkler line
- A specific patch of mushroom growth
- With the system off and no water being used in the house, water meter is still running
- Broken Sprinkler Heads
- Busted Valves and Backflow Devices
If an irrigation system is not properly winterized in Twin Oaks, MO, water will be left in the pipes all winter. When that water freezes, everything in your irrigation system is at risk of cracking, leaking, and/or bursting.
Indications you have a cracked or leaking pipe in your Twin Oaks, MO irrigation system include:
Sprinkler heads easily break from the pressure of water freezing. A broken sprinkler head in the springtime is no way to start the season.
Similarly to sprinkler heads and pipes, your anti-siphon devices, valves and even backflows can be majorly mangled by ice and might be irreparable and need to be replaced. Even if something isn’t broken or cracked right away, it could be damaged at a later date in Twin Oaks, MO, causing splits or leaks.
How Do You Prevent These Damages to Your Twin Oaks, MO Sprinkler System?
The ideal way for steering clear of these hazards in Twin Oaks, MO is prevention. If you haven’t begun thinking about winterizing, now is the time. Give Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis a call now at (314) 450-0342 or reach out to us online.
Contact Us Today to Winterize Your Sprinkler System in Twin Oaks, MO | Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis
Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis is dedicated to delivering notable results and we are as passionate about lawn care as you are about having an amazing lawn. We are the lawn care company in Twin Oaks, MO that will provide the service and products you need, when you need them. We know both the Twin Oaks, MO and St. Louis areas – the weather fluctuations, what kind of grass grows best, and the specific irrigation patterns – but, best of all, we know the neighborhoods, the residents, and their yards. We are one of you, after all.