Winterize Sprinkler System Ballwin, MO
Winterize Sprinkler System Ballwin, MO. With unpredictable and fairly harsh winters, the Ballwin, MO area is not the place to leave sprinkler systems bare and exposed – susceptible to damage and cracks – in frigid temperatures. Most sprinkler system pipes are made from rigid polyvinyl chloride (PVC) or flexible polyethylene. Both of these materials crack, tear, or even burst under pressure. If water freezes inside the pipes, it expands and pushes against the pipes’ walls exerting too much pressure, causing the pipes to burst. The sprinkler heads and valves are also not built to hold off the pressure from frozen water and may suffer the same fate as the pipes.
You definitely do not want this to happen in Ballwin, MO, as the destruction is widespread and costly, which is precisely the reason you should turn to Lawn Sprinklers St. Louis to winterize your sprinkler system. Call us now at (314) 450-0342 or reach out to us online to book an appointment.
Why Pick Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis To Winterize My Sprinkler System in Ballwin, MO?
We are a local, family-owned and operated company with years of experience in the Ballwin, MO irrigation industry. Our primary goal is to provide the best service possible to our customers and ensure that all of our work is done safely and in a timely manner. We have been supplying the St. Louis and Ballwin, MO neighborhoods with premier lawn care services for over 30 years.
We are your complete lawn care company. Along with being the go-to choice for winterizing your Ballwin, MO sprinkler system, Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis provides the following services:
- Licensed Backflow Tester Near Me
- Local Lawn Care
- Irrigation Companies
- Lawn Fertilizer Service Near Me
- Lawn Aeration Near Me
- Sprinkler System Installation
- Outdoor Landscape Lighting
- Spring Lawn Care
- Sprinkler System Startup
How Does Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis Winterize My Ballwin, MO Sprinkler System?
You ensure your vehicle’s radiator is full of antifreeze, you have your Ballwin, MO home’s furnace tuned-up, and you store your lawn equipment indoors for the winter – so why not professionally winterize your sprinkler system? Winterizing is the perfect way to protect the investment in your irrigation system and it ensures that the system is raring to go, set to maintain your plush, green lawn, as soon as spring hits in Ballwin, MO. Be sure to have a professional at Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis winterize your system. We follow a step-by-step procedure which includes:
- Shutting down the water supply – One of our talented technicians will close off the water supply and attach an air compressor to the system. The air compressor is required for the favored method to remove water from a sprinkler system in the Ballwin, MO area, which is often referred to as the blowout method.
- Draining the system – Our Ballwin, MO sprinkler system specialists will use the compressed air to push the water out of your irrigation system. The air pressure must be high enough – 40 to 80 pounds per square inch (psi) is ideal, with 80 psi being the maximum for rigid PVC pipe and 50 psi for polyethylene pipe – another reason why it is important that a professional from Lawn Sprinklers in St. Louis does this.
- Deactivating the controller – After draining the unit, our specialists will turn off the controller. Each controller differs, and whether or not it needs to be simply “switched off” or unplugged and stored depends on the brand. Our team has in-depth knowledge of and hands-on experience with numerous brands of controllers, such as:
- Rain Bird ESP-Me Controller
- Rain Bird Esp-Smte Controller
- Hunter HC Hydrawise Wifi Modular Controller
- Hunter Pro-Hc Wifi Hydrawise Wifi Controller
- Toro Evolution Controller
- RainMachine Touch Wifi Controller
- Insulating the system – Our team’s final step is to enclose all the sprinkler parts above ground with foam covers, insulation tape, or maybe even insulation blankets to keep them from freezing and cracking in Ballwin, MO. This includes:
- The main water supply shutoff valve
- Backflow preventers – ensuring we keep air vents open
- Exposed parts of the pipes
What Happens If I Do Not Have Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis Winterize My Ballwin, MO Sprinkler System?
If you make the decision to skip the winterization process in Ballwin, MO, plummeting temperatures can cause damage to your irrigation system ranging from slight inconveniences to major disasters. Your sure bet is to just have Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis winterize your sprinkler system. Give us a call today at (314) 450-0342 or reach out to us online. Here’s what could occur if you decide to skip winterizing or try doing it yourself in Ballwin, MO:
- Leaking/Cracked Fitting and Pipes
- Water bubbling up from the ground between sprinkler heads when the system is on
- Flooded areas between sprinklers
- Very wet or soft areas
- Ground depressions
- Sprinkler heads barely spraying or haphazardly shooting water and not popping all the way up
- Dirty water spraying from the sprinkler line
- A specific patch of mushroom growth
- Water meter running when the system is off and no water is being used in the home
- Broken Sprinkler Heads
- Busted Backflow Devices and Valves
If an irrigation system is not properly winterized in Ballwin, MO, water will remain in the pipes all winter. When that water freezes, everything in your irrigation system is at risk of cracking, leaking, and/or bursting.
Indications you have a cracked or leaking pipe in your Ballwin, MO irrigation system include:
Sprinkler heads easily break from the pressure of water freezing. A broken sprinkler head in the springtime is not the best way to start the season.
Similarly to sprinkler heads and pipes, your valves, anti-siphon devices and even backflows can be majorly damaged by ice and could be irreparable and might need to be replaced. Even if a part isn’t broken or cracked right away, it might show damage down the line in Ballwin, MO, causing splits or leaks.
How Do You Prevent These Damages to Your Sprinkler System in Ballwin, MO?
The best method for steering clear of these issues in Ballwin, MO is prevention. If you haven’t begun talking or thinking about winterizing, now is the time. Give Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis a call now at (314) 450-0342 or contact us online.
Reach Out Now to Winterize Your Sprinkler System in Ballwin, MO | Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis
Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis is committed to delivering exceptional results and we are as passionate about lawn care as you are about having an amazing lawn. We are the lawn care business in Ballwin, MO that will provide the service and products you need, when you need them. We know both the Ballwin, MO and St. Louis areas – the weather, what type of grass grows best, and the right irrigation patterns – but, best of all, we know the neighborhoods, the residents, and their yards. After all, we are one of you.