Winterize Sprinkler System Town and Country, MO
Winterize Sprinkler System Town and Country, MO. With unpredictable and rather harsh winters, the Town and Country, MO area is not the place to leave sprinkler systems exposed and bare – susceptible to damage and cracks – in frigid temperatures. The majority of irrigation pipes are made from rigid polyvinyl chloride (PVC) or flexible polyethylene. Both of these materials crack, tear, or even burst under pressure. If water freezes inside the pipes, it expands and pushes against the pipes’ interior applying far too much pressure, causing the pipes to break. The sprinkler heads and valves are also not developed to withstand the pressure from ice and might suffer the same fate as the pipes.
You definitely do not look forward to this happening in Town and Country, MO, as the destruction is widespread and costly, which is precisely the reason you need to turn to Lawn Sprinklers St. Louis to winterize your sprinkler system. Call us now at (314) 450-0342 or reach out to us online to book an appointment.
Why Choose Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis To Winterize My Sprinkler System in Town and Country, MO?
We are a family-owned and operated, local company with decades of experience in the Town and Country, MO irrigation industry. Our primary goal is to supply the best service possible to our clients and make sure that all of our work is finished in a timely manner and safely. We have been providing the St. Louis and Town and Country, MO neighborhoods with premier lawn care services for more than 30 years.
We are your complete lawn care specialists. In addition to being the go-to choice for winterizing your Town and Country, MO sprinkler system, Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis provides the following services:
- Licensed Backflow Tester Near Me
- Local Lawn Care
- Irrigation Companies
- Lawn Fertilizer Service Near Me
- Lawn Aeration Near Me
- Sprinkler System Installation
- Outdoor Landscape Lighting
- Spring Lawn Care
- Sprinkler System Startup
How Does Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis Winterize My Town and Country, MO Sprinkler System?
You check to make sure your car’s radiator is topped off with antifreeze, you have your Town and Country, MO home’s furnace tuned-up, and you stow away lawn equipment for the winter season – so why not professionally winterize your sprinkler system? Winterizing is the ideal way to protect the investment in your irrigation system and it makes sure that the system is raring to go, set to maintain your plush, green lawn, the minute spring starts in Town and Country, MO. Make sure to have a professional at Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis winterize your system. We follow a step-by-step procedure which includes:
- Closing the water supply – One of our skilled specialists will shut off the water supply and attach an air compressor to the system’s main water line. The air compressor is essential for the favored way to remove water from a sprinkler system in the Town and Country, MO area, which is often referred to as the blowout method.
- Draining the system – Our Town and Country, MO sprinkler system specialists will use the compressed air to force the water out of your irrigation system. The air pressure must be high enough – 40 to 80 pounds per square inch (psi) is ideal, with 80 psi being the maximum for rigid PVC pipe and 50 psi for polyethylene pipe – another reason why it is important that a professional from Lawn Sprinklers in St. Louis does this.
- Deactivating the controller – After draining the unit, our specialists will turn off the controller. Every controller differs, and whether or not it needs to be unplugged and stored or simply “switched off” depends on the brand. Our staff has in-depth knowledge of and hands-on experience with multiple brands of controllers, like:
- Rain Bird ESP-Me Controller
- Rain Bird Esp-Smte Controller
- Hunter HC Hydrawise Wifi Modular Controller
- Hunter Pro-Hc Wifi Hydrawise Wifi Controller
- Toro Evolution Controller
- RainMachine Touch Wifi Controller
- Insulating the system – Our staff’s final step is to cover all the sprinkler parts above ground with insulation tape, foam covers, or maybe even insulation blankets to keep them from freezing and cracking in Town and Country, MO. This includes:
- The main water supply shutoff valve
- Backflow preventers – making sure to leave air vents open
- Exposed parts of the pipes
What Happens If I Don’t Use Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis to Winterize My Town and Country, MO Sprinkler System?
If you make the decision to skip the winterization procedure in Town and Country, MO, plummeting temperatures can create damage to your irrigation system ranging from minor inconveniences to a full-blow disaster. Your best bet is to just have Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis winterize your sprinkler system. Call us today at (314) 450-0342 or contact us online. Here are examples of what could happen if you decide to skip winterizing or attempt doing it yourself in Town and Country, MO:
- Cracked/Leaking Pipes and Fittings
- Water bubbling up from the ground between sprinkler heads when the system is on
- Flooded areas between sprinklers
- Very soft or wet areas
- Ground depressions
- Sprinkler heads not popping all the way up, and barely spraying or haphazardly shooting water
- Dirty water spraying from the sprinkler line
- Mushrooms growing in a specific patch
- With the system off and no water being used in the house, water meter is still running
- Broken Sprinkler Heads
- Busted Valves and Backflow Devices
If a sprinkler system isn’t properly winterized in Town and Country, MO, water will remain in the pipes all winter. When that water freezes, everything in your irrigation system is at risk of cracking, leaking, and/or bursting.
Indications you have a leaking or cracked pipe in your Town and Country, MO irrigation system include:
When water freezes in sprinkler heads, they easily break under the pressure. A broken sprinkler head in the springtime is no way to start the season.
Much like sprinkler heads and pipes, your valves, anti-siphon devices and even backflows can be seriously damaged by ice and might be irreparable and need to be replaced. Even if a part isn’t broken or cracked right away, it could be damaged down the line in Town and Country, MO, causing leaks or breaks.
How Do You Prevent These Damages to Your Town and Country, MO Sprinkler System?
The ideal technique for steering clear of these hazards in Town and Country, MO is prevention. If you have not begun thinking about winterizing, now is the time. Call Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis today at (314) 450-0342 or contact us online.
Contact Us Today to Winterize Your Sprinkler System in Town and Country, MO | Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis
Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis is committed to delivering notable results and we are as passionate about lawn care as you are about having an amazing lawn. We are the lawn care company in Town and Country, MO that will provide the service and products you need, when you need them. We know both the Town and Country, MO and St. Louis areas – the weather, what type of grass grows best, and the right irrigation patterns – but, best of all, we know the neighborhoods, the people in the them, and their yards. We are one of you, after all.
If you are looking to winterize your Town and Country, MO sprinkler system, call Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis right now at (314) 450-0342 or contact us online.