Winterize Sprinkler System Webster Groves, MO
Winterize Sprinkler System Webster Groves, MO. With unpredictable and rather harsh winters, the Webster Groves, MO area is not the place to leave sprinkler systems bare and exposed – susceptible to damage and cracks – in frigid temperatures. The majority of irrigation pipes are made from rigid polyvinyl chloride (PVC) or flexible polyethylene. Under pressure, both of these types of material crack, tear, or even burst. If the water freezes inside the pipes, it expands and pushes against the pipes’ interior exerting too much pressure, causing the pipes to burst. The sprinkler valves and heads also are not developed to hold off the pressure from ice and may suffer the same fate as the pipes.
You certainly do not want this to happen in Webster Groves, MO, as the harm is widespread and costly, which is precisely why you need to turn to Lawn Sprinklers St. Louis to winterize your sprinkler system. Give us a call now at (314) 450-0342 or reach out to us online to schedule an appointment.
Why Select Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis To Winterize My Sprinkler System in Webster Groves, MO?
We are a family-owned and operated, local business with years of experience in the Webster Groves, MO irrigation industry. Our primary goal is to supply the best possible service to our clients and make sure that all of our work is done safely and in a timely manner. We have been providing the St. Louis and Webster Groves, MO neighborhoods with premier lawn care services for over 30 years.
We are your complete lawn care specialists. Along with being the go-to choice for winterizing your sprinkler system in Webster Groves, MO, Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis supplies the following services:
- Licensed Backflow Tester Near Me
- Local Lawn Care
- Irrigation Companies
- Lawn Fertilizer Service Near Me
- Lawn Aeration Near Me
- Sprinkler System Installation
- Outdoor Landscape Lighting
- Spring Lawn Care
- Sprinkler System Startup
How Does Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis Winterize My Webster Groves, MO Sprinkler System?
You check to make sure your car’s radiator is topped off with antifreeze, you have your Webster Groves, MO home’s furnace tuned-up, and you stow away lawn equipment for the winter – so why not professionally winterize your sprinkler system? Winterizing is the ideal way to protect the investment in your irrigation system and it makes sure that the system is ready to go, set to keep your lawn looking luxurious, as soon as spring starts in Webster Groves, MO. Make sure to have a specialist at Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis winterize your system. We follow a step-by-step procedure which includes:
- Closing the water supply – One of our talented technicians will extinguish the water supply and attach an air compressor to your system. The air compressor is a necessity for the preferred method to remove water from a sprinkler system in the Webster Groves, MO area, which is frequently called the blowout method.
- Draining the system – Our Webster Groves, MO sprinkler system specialists will use the compressed air to push the water out of your irrigation system. The air pressure must be high enough – 40 to 80 pounds per square inch (psi) is ideal, with 80 psi being the maximum for rigid PVC pipe and 50 psi for polyethylene pipe – another reason why it is important that a professional from Lawn Sprinklers in St. Louis does this.
- Deactivating the controller – Our specialists will turn off the controller, after draining the unit. Each controller differs, and whether or not it needs to be simply “switched off” or unplugged and stored depends on the brand. Our staff has in-depth knowledge of and hands-on experience with numerous brands of controllers, like:
- Rain Bird ESP-Me Controller
- Rain Bird Esp-Smte Controller
- Hunter HC Hydrawise Wifi Modular Controller
- Hunter Pro-Hc Wifi Hydrawise Wifi Controller
- Toro Evolution Controller
- RainMachine Touch Wifi Controller
- Insulating the system – Our team’s last step is to enclose all the system’s components above ground with insulation tape, foam covers, or maybe even insulation blankets to restrict them from cracking and freezing in Webster Groves, MO. This includes:
- The main water supply shutoff valve
- Backflow preventers – ensuring we keep air vents open
- Exposed parts of the pipes
What Happens If I Do Not Have Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis Winterize My Sprinkler System in Webster Groves, MO?
If you make the decision to skip the winterization process in Webster Groves, MO, plummeting temperatures can create damage to your irrigation system ranging from small inconveniences to major disasters. Your sure bet is to simply have Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis winterize your sprinkler system. Call us now at (314) 450-0342 or contact us online. Here’s what could happen if you elect to skip winterizing or try doing it yourself in Webster Groves, MO:
- Cracked/Leaking Pipes and Fittings
- Water bubbling up from the ground between sprinkler heads when the system is on
- Flooded areas between sprinklers
- Very wet or soft areas
- Ground depressions
- Sprinkler heads barely spraying or haphazardly shooting water and not popping all the way up
- Dirty water spraying from the sprinkler line
- A specific patch of mushroom growth
- With the system off and no water being used in the house, water meter is still running
- Broken Sprinkler Heads
- Busted Valves and Backflow Devices
If a sprinkler system isn’t properly winterized in Webster Groves, MO, water will be left in the pipes all winter. When that water freezes, everything in your irrigation system is in danger of cracking, leaking, and/or bursting.
Indications you have a leaking or cracked pipe in your Webster Groves, MO irrigation system include:
When water freezes in sprinkler heads, they easily break under the pressure. A broken sprinkler head in the springtime is no way to start the season.
Much like sprinkler heads and pipes, your valves, anti-siphon devices and even backflows can be seriously mangled by ice and could be irreparable and might need to be replaced. Even if something isn’t cracked or broken right away, it might show damage down the line in Webster Groves, MO, causing leaks or breaks.
How Do You Prevent These Damages to Your Sprinkler System in Webster Groves, MO?
The best method for steering clear of these problems in Webster Groves, MO is prevention. If you haven’t started thinking about winterizing, now is the time. Call Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis today at (314) 450-0342 or reach out to us online.
Reach Out Today to Winterize Your Sprinkler System in Webster Groves, MO | Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis
Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis is dedicated to delivering notable results and we are as passionate about lawn care as you are about having an amazing lawn. We are the lawn care company in Webster Groves, MO that will provide the products and service you need, when you need them. We know both the Webster Groves, MO and St. Louis areas – the weather fluctuations, what kind of grass grows best, and the specific irrigation patterns – but, most important of all, we know the neighborhoods, the people in the them, and their yards. After all, we are one of you.
If you are looking to winterize your Webster Groves, MO sprinkler system, give Lawn Sprinklers of St. Louis a call right now at (314) 450-0342 or contact us online.